View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Allergic to LSD?! (pictures)

bakedbean

Bluelighter
Ok, so this is REALLY fucking weird. i tripped acid for my second time friday night. the first time i tried to trip i barely felt anything off of one hit (pretty sure it was some shitty cid) so friday i got 2 hits from a different guy. well my trip started out fucking AMAZING. i was having the time of my life and i was trippin HARD.

well about 3 or 4 hours into my trip my lip started going kinda numb on the right side and it felt kinda swollen (it felt as if someone had punched me in my lip) so i was askin everyone if i had gotten into a fight or somethin bc i didnt remember gettin into one and i'm cool with everyone there n they were all like naw man ur just trippin. plus there was no blood or bruising at all.

well i end up in the bathroom just watchin myself in the mirror and i saw my lip getting fatter and i thought i was just trippin really hard n i was just halucenating. well i walk outta the bathroom and ask my friend if he was sure my lip wasnt swollen. when he saw it his eyes got huge n he was like "OMG dude its fuckin HUGE" by this time my lip was completely numb and it felt fat as hell.

they were askin me if i ate anything i was allergic to or anything n i was like naw. i hadnt eaten anything. i was with my girlfriend the whole time and she said she was positive i didnt hit my lip on anything. i have never had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING. i'm not even allergic to poison ivy or poison oak. so this was really strange and strange it just happened to happen while i was trippin.

Has anyone else had or heard of anyone having a reaction like this?? my lip is completely back to normal now but it was kinda scary n i dont want this to happen if i decide to trip again.. any input is appreciated (oh n btw look at my pupils especially in the 2nd pic. lol it was trippin so hard)

here's a pic of me at the beginning of my trip (normal lip lol.. and i'm so fucking happy)
0314082057.jpg

and then here is me a few hours into my trip.. it was this bad
0315080055.jpg

Weird. I find it highly unlikely that the LSD caused this reaction. While tripping and in other altered states it can be easy to injure yourself without really realizing it, and my money would be on that, and the mental state that you are in can easily blow small things out of proportion once you do realize it. I wouldn't sweat it. You're okay now and it does not seem like you were in serious danger of airway problems or anaphylaxis or anything of the nature.

holy shit.. you try eating some benadryl?? that could of brought the swelling down a bit..

never heard of a reaction like before from LSD

people can be allergic to a lot of different stuff. If it wasnt something that you ate or touched to your lips before or after you ate the tab, i'd suggest that maybe it was something on the actual blotter. or maybe it was whatever the acid was on.

Swerz said:
holy shit.. you try eating some benadryl?? that could of brought the swelling down a bit..

never heard of a reaction like before from LSD
yeah i got my girlfriend to run to kroger and pick some up. im not sure if it helped at all. just made me sleepy n i ended up passin out around 3.

SomeKindaLove said:
..and the mental state that you are in can easily blow small things out of proportion once you do realize it..
and yeah i kept thinkin to myself that i was probably over reacting so i took a picture and when i looked at it the next day i was definitely not over reacting. i actually have a somewhat small upper lip and that blows my mind how big my lip was in that picture.

SomeKindaLove said:
Weird. I find it highly unlikely that the LSD caused this reaction. While tripping and in other altered states it can be easy to injure yourself without really realizing it, and my money would be on that, and the mental state that you are in can easily blow small things out of proportion once you do realize it. I wouldn't sweat it. You're okay now and it does not seem like you were in serious danger of airway problems or anaphylaxis or anything of the nature.

any injury that would cause that much swelling would be accompanied by a significant amount of pain and the soreness would extend well beyond the trip, so i think we can throw out that theory.

imho these possibilities exist:

1) he had an allergic reaction to LSD.
2) the drug was not actually LSD but some RC or something
3) he had an allergic reaction to something on the blotter other than LSD.
4) he had an allergic reaction to something in the environment that by a very strange coincidence happened when he took LSD.

burn out said:
2) the drug was not actually LSD but some RC or something
i dont know much about research chemicals bc nobody around my area has really even heard of them (i live in a somewhat small town) but from what i've read dont most rc's come in pill or powder form? the LSD i had was on blotter paper.. but it wasnt even like from somethin that had a picture or anything on it. just tiny white squares.

swilow said:
Out of curiosity, do you get cold sores?

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40024564/
nope, never had a cold sore in my life.. never had any troubles at all really. my family calls me a freak of nature bc i never get sick, i'm not allergic to anything (or at least we didnt think so), and everytime i get injured i heal up remarkably fast. lol. this is why this is so weird.

i hate that this had to happen. i hope it wasnt the acid. and i mean my throat didnt swell up or anything. should i let this keep me from tripping again? bc up until my lip started swelling i had absolutely fallen in love with LSD. lol

Even if the LSD caused this, it doesn't seem to have done any harm or anything, it's just weird. Try doing acid again. If it doesn't happen, it was a fluke. If it does, oh well, it isn't dangerous or anything, so I wouldn't let it keep you from tripping.

bakedbean said:
i dont know much about research chemicals bc nobody around my area has really even heard of them (i live in a somewhat small town) but from what i've read dont most rc's come in pill or powder form? the LSD i had was on blotter paper.. but it wasnt even like from somethin that had a picture or anything on it. just tiny white squares.

Theres some mean ones out there now that are just as potent as acid and a full dose can come on a blotter. DOx's (DOM,B,I) It seems more and more people are selling them as acid too =\

I doubt this would work lol, but it's something I might try in your shoes for the hell of it:

Try to simulate an alergy test like they give you at the doctors- just use your nail to scratch a few layers of cells off the back of your wrist (not raw or anything of course). Then take a hit of blotter and rub it over the area (get it wet maybe?). Just wait to see if the area gets red or weird in any way. I doubt it would work though given you'd be dealing with probably less than 200ug, but ya never know?

LSDreamer said:
Even if the LSD caused this, it doesn't seem to have done any harm or anything, it's just weird. Try doing acid again. If it doesn't happen, it was a fluke. If it does, oh well, it isn't dangerous or anything, so I wouldn't let it keep you from tripping.
this is what i think i'm gonna do. i've already got a date next month to trip with a couple close friends. i dunno. drugs are just really weird to me. the first time i tried ecstasy, a few days after one of my pupils got HUGE and the other was normal.. and i'm not talkin like a little bit different, i mean every person in walmart was starin at me as i walked by. it was really trippy lookin. it went away after a day but i know it had to of been something to do with the E. but it never happened again after all the other times i've rolled.. i dunno.. maybe my body just has to adjust to new drugs..?

Dragynfyr said:
I doubt this would work lol, but it's something I might try in your shoes for the hell of it:

Try to simulate an alergy test like they give you at the doctors- just use your nail to scratch a few layers of cells off the back of your wrist (not raw or anything of course). Then take a hit of blotter and rub it over the area (get it wet maybe?). Just wait to see if the area gets red or weird in any way. I doubt it would work though given you'd be dealing with probably less than 200ug, but ya never know?
I dont think you could get a full dose of DOM on a regular blotter. Gels definitely (seen em!), but regular blotter paper wouldn't hold 2-4mg.

i suspect the colors used to print the blotter to more likely be responsible than the lsd. DOx is out. the molecules are afaik just too small to cause allergies.

maybe try liquid or microdots next time?

Wow I've never seen anything like that, pretty fucked up. I don't see how you could be allergic to LSD though, and if you are I feel bad for you man because you are gonna be missing out on the absolute best feeling in the world..

The feeling of LSD rivals the feeling of a million orgasms at once..maybe even a million and one.

Black said:
i suspect the colors used to print the blotter to more likely be responsible than the lsd. DOx is out. the molecules are afaik just too small to cause allergies.

maybe try liquid or microdots next time?
the blotter paper we had didnt have any ink or anything on it. it was just white. so i dunno. i've thought of everything i could possibly think of and i'm drawin a blank.

so nobody else has ever even heard of anything like this happening before? why does this kinda shit have to happen to me :( lol. but yeah i'm definitely gonna trip again and i guess we'll just see what happens. if somethin like this happens every time i'll probably just try shrooms or mescaline bc i've yet to try those, but like i said, my trip was absolutely AMAZING until that started happening n it kinda ruined my trip.. it took everything i had to keep my mind from freakin out and spiraling into a bad trip