• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Allergic to LSD?! (pictures)

Is there any chance you were sucking on your lip and not paying attention to it. Ive had a swollen lip after rolling on E and tucking my upper lip under my bottom lip.

Acid comes in such a ridiculously small dose that would be amazing if you had a physical reaction of any kind to it

foundationx4 said:
IS IT SAFE TO TAKE ANTI - HISTAMINE DRUGS ON LSD, i always have fucked up sinuses when im trippin on acid.

I've used them a few times, citerizine mainly & had no problems. I know of others who used & had no problems either.....so probably it would be alright ...unless you're the exception.

I have had an allergic reaction to 5-meo-amt before, but not LSD. It caused my neck and my lip to swell up a bit... so it is possible with any substance to have an allergic reaction

heard terrible stories of people spraying raid on blotter.....was your tounge swollen....etc?

even though the poster already mentioned that it was probably NOT the LSD that gave him the allergic reaction, i just want to say that an ergot allergy IS possible (my grandmother has an ergot allergy) and being that LSD is derived from ergot, well.... now, i have never heard of anyone having anaphylaxis due to LSD and maybe the synthesis completely eliminates the possibility of the ergot giving a reaction but i'm assuming it is possible.

anyone with more info wanna chime in?

shith3ad said:
heard terrible stories of people spraying raid on blotter.....was your tounge swollen....etc?

I seriously, seriously doubt this happened... what would be the point? Raid won't produce any drug-like effects and all it might do is poison someone... although such a small amount probably wouldn't anyway. Sounds like just another scare story, like the ridiculous stories of strychnine on blotter. The thing is, blotter is so tiny that hardly any chemicals can fit on it that have a small enough active dose to do anything to you.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned.

Maybe you are allergic to the liquid that the LSD was dissolved in, prior to dipping the blotter. Rubbing alcohol is sometimes used, probably other things too.

Or maybe there was a chemical in the paper itself (blotter is special absorbent paper, watercolor paper #14 usually) that you were allergic to. I don't know if Watercolor #14 is manufactured much different than regular paper (chemical wise), but it could be.

edit: But now that I read about your candyflip, it was probably just a fluke. Candyflippin' is great.

This is my first post ever, I have been lurking for quite some time and finally came across this post, which is a topic that I may be able to add something of value to. I do realize that this is an extremely old post, but I will throw my two cents in, in the hope that maybe someone else looking into a similar problem might benefit from what I know about SWIM's experience. I am new, like I already said, so please be gentle with me if I am not that great with the protocols regarding language within posts. I am learning. Anywho, SWIM took two hits of some really clean, nice blotter and had a pretty decent trip, could have been better but there were certain environmental and emotional obstacles that stood in the way of it being what you could call great. It wasn't the cid's fault though, so that is beside the point. SWIM ended up crying a pretty significant amount towards the end of the evening, and finally just passing out. Upon the initial mirror inspection of SWIM's self the following morning, the aforementioned person noticed that their right eyelid and surrounding areas were significantly swollen, pinkish, and numb. SWIM's theory is that there was a trace amount of transfer chemicals on SWIM's hands from touching the blotter paper and that it rubbed off on the affected areas of the face while wiping away tears the previous night. This was the first and only time SWIM had ever had any kind of skin reaction from lsd, and it subsided later that day after applying a hot compress and resting. Also, SWIM is aware of something similar yet even more alarming that happened to SWIM's friend quite recently. The friend and her boyfriend each took some blotter, and at some point during their trip began having sex. Anyone who has done cid likely knows that it can be quite fun to fool around while tripping, and the couple had done so many times before. This particular time, pardon the graphic-ness of this, but he went down on her and performed oral sex many hours after having taken the blotter and had already long since swallowed the paper. Her vagina and all surrounding areas became very swollen and red and puffy, and remained inflamed and painful like a sunburn for a solid two days after the come down. She had no STD's or infections or anything like that prior to the incident. Because they had done this before without any issues they decided that it had to be a freak coincidence and refused to believe it was a reaction from the acid residue in his mouth. However, a few days later they repeated the same combination of events, i.e. they took some blotter and he went down on her, and the exact same reaction occured. SWIM believes that because neither she nor her friend had had reactions of this nature to other batches of cid, that there must have just been something particularly caustic or reactive about this batch. Maybe something foreign was on the paper, or who knows what, there was no ink on the squares, it was plain white paper.

Hi zoe, welcome to the forum :)

Please note that we don't allow 'SWIM' talk here but thanks for the effort if you thought it was necessary..

As for allergic reactions: I'd say that since normal allergies are tested experimentally e.g. scratch tested anyway, the most you would hope to learn is if it's just that particular batch that contained a trace of something you are allergic to, or the LSD itself. Trying to find out if it's possible or likely to be allergic to a compound like LSD seems much harder to ask and not really of huge importance. It's definitely not common looking at how I have never heard someone mention it and being on here for quite a while + reading reports a lot.

So, I think your best strategy is to avoid the batch of LSD that gave you this reaction, and if you can get a completely different batch of LSD (not from same source at all preferably) try that but go low the first time so that you don't have to deal with a potential allergic reaction during an intense trip.
If it was just the batch, a different batch shouldn't cause any odd reaction, and if its the LSD you would see a consistent response.

Passing out with your face on something can definitely irritate or inflame your eye. Don't faceplant if you don't want to facereap.
I don't think 'caustic acid' could cause an engorged vagina - caustic compounds irritate applied on a surface, and would irritate the mouth and tongue when taking the blotter - I don't see how the acid (or if anything an impurity) would arrive at the genital area doing that much irritation without being noticed before that point, and it would also not just sit around in the guy's mouth for an extended period of time without the body getting rid of the chemical - but making an exception for transferring during oral sex.

A better explanation seems vasoconstriction from being a lysergic product, or possibly not being acid at all but a DOX passed off as LSD (long lasting though) which are unusually vasoconstricting. Veinous insufficiency can cause that engorged vagina, especially if because of sex a lot of blood flows there and can't really flow properly there there may be some priapism-like issue.

It seems unlikely your eye(lid) and your friend's genital's reaction were caused by the same general problem tbh.

Last edited:
As a nurse i have seen people have allergic reactions to basically every drug we use in hospital and many that we dont. Not to mention food stuffs, adhesives, environmental pollutants...you name it people can be allergic to it.

The thing is noone can say what your allergic reaction ( which it was for sure, swelling lips are a very common response ) was caused by. You could be alergic to LSD. It is entirely possible despite what others are saying. You could be allergic to whatever the acid was diluted in to lay on the blotter, you could be allergic to impurities in the acid, you could be allergic to the paper that was used etc. No one can tell you. But what i can tell you is that if you are exposed to whatever it was that stimulated the allergic response again you ARE at risk of anaphylaxis. I have seen this many times..the reaction to second exposures if usually worse.

So in short be very careful. LSD is my favorite substance in the world and i hate to advise anyone not to take it but as there is a chance you could be allergic to it. Humans can develop allergic reactions to things they previously were fine with at any time in their lives. With so many unknowns in this case it probably isnt the acid but you cannot rule it out. Tread very carefully is my advice.

Oh i didn't realise i was responding to an 8 year old question. I have not read the entire thread so didn't realise it was bumped. Carry on..

Ok, so this is REALLY fucking weird. i tripped acid for my second time friday night. the first time i tried to trip i barely felt anything off of one hit (pretty sure it was some shitty cid) so friday i got 2 hits from a different guy. well my trip started out fucking AMAZING. i was having the time of my life and i was trippin HARD.

well about 3 or 4 hours into my trip my lip started going kinda numb on the right side and it felt kinda swollen (it felt as if someone had punched me in my lip) so i was askin everyone if i had gotten into a fight or somethin bc i didnt remember gettin into one and i'm cool with everyone there n they were all like naw man ur just trippin. plus there was no blood or bruising at all.

well i end up in the bathroom just watchin myself in the mirror and i saw my lip getting fatter and i thought i was just trippin really hard n i was just halucenating. well i walk outta the bathroom and ask my friend if he was sure my lip wasnt swollen. when he saw it his eyes got huge n he was like "OMG dude its fuckin HUGE" by this time my lip was completely numb and it felt fat as hell.

they were askin me if i ate anything i was allergic to or anything n i was like naw. i hadnt eaten anything. i was with my girlfriend the whole time and she said she was positive i didnt hit my lip on anything. i have never had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING. i'm not even allergic to poison ivy or poison oak. so this was really strange and strange it just happened to happen while i was trippin.

Has anyone else had or heard of anyone having a reaction like this?? my lip is completely back to normal now but it was kinda scary n i dont want this to happen if i decide to trip again.. any input is appreciated (oh n btw look at my pupils especially in the 2nd pic. lol it was trippin so hard)

here's a pic of me at the beginning of my trip (normal lip lol.. and i'm so fucking happy)
0314082057.jpg

and then here is me a few hours into my trip.. it was this bad
0315080055.jpg

I have the exact same experience when taking LSD! I think it's because of the fact that acid makes your blood pressure high though, so I wouldn't worry about it ?

^Hang on, why would high blood pressure make your upper lip swell, and why does it not happen more commonly?

So out of all them millions of hippy that have ate LSD are there any confirmed reports leading to anaphylaxis? Even if you were allergic has anyone ever died? I'm curious cuz LSD has a amazing safety profile.

As a nurse i have seen people have allergic reactions to basically every drug we use in hospital and many that we dont. Not to mention food stuffs, adhesives, environmental pollutants...you name it people can be allergic to it.

The thing is noone can say what your allergic reaction ( which it was for sure, swelling lips are a very common response ) was caused by. You could be alergic to LSD. It is entirely possible despite what others are saying. You could be allergic to whatever the acid was diluted in to lay on the blotter, you could be allergic to impurities in the acid, you could be allergic to the paper that was used etc. No one can tell you. But what i can tell you is that if you are exposed to whatever it was that stimulated the allergic response again you ARE at risk of anaphylaxis. I have seen this many times..the reaction to second exposures if usually worse.

So in short be very careful. LSD is my favorite substance in the world and i hate to advise anyone not to take it but as there is a chance you could be allergic to it. Humans can develop allergic reactions to things they previously were fine with at any time in their lives. With so many unknowns in this case it probably isnt the acid but you cannot rule it out. Tread very carefully is my advice.
best answer altogether

I know alot of people are skeptical but I know I am allergic to acid. Every single time I do it I break out in little hives. My whole face swelled up like your lip the last time I did shrooms. I'm allergic to latex and the dumbass I got them from stored the in a latex glove (out of bags I guess). I'm hella allergic to alot of things from an underlying disorder. It's terrifying not knowing if you're tripping or if something is actually wrong. Maybe whoever prepared the acid was wearing a latex glove at some point. Trust your body. If you're going to try again, get an epi pen, keep it with you at all times, and take a benadryl when you take the acid. Take two and it might make you cranky which kills the trip.

The same thing happened to me, and I really don’t think it was because it was a different drug because I took it with my boyfriend and nothing like this happened to him. I really think it was a mixing of chemicals, but I also don’t think there’s a way to combat it or to tell if it will or won’t happen. It’s like a guessing game and even though it doesn’t hurt or really affect you, I personally won’t be doing acid again.

People can be allergic to anything, even water. It's likely LSD could have caused this, but to really know, we have to know whether or not this was real LSD. There are a lot of fake shitty RCs saturating the markets. OP, do a reagent test on your acid