• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction All veins collapsed. Shoot up PRO'S NEEDED.HELP!

3 times a day for 8 months? sounds like rookie numbers to me. impossible anyone could destroy every vein in that time. i actually believe that he hasn't learned how to shoot up properly and that's his problem.
well his thread is 10 years old, so maybe he got some experience. he might be dead too.

Do you have steady hands? Can you shoot with help of a mirror? Because i have many collapsed veins and nowadays i have quite big vein backside of my elbow, near at my wrist but higher. Hard to explain but you can see it from mirror when standing and pumping your fingers/fists and slightly rotating your arm towards the mirror.

I feel your pain... I've been an IV user for the better part of 5 years sometimes using 6-10 times a day... I use fent and meth (which is corrosive and definitely isn't good for veins but oh well) my arm veins became totally unusable last year, I was able to use the veins in the waist area on the left and right sides for maybe a month or two before they became unusable, since then I've been using my hands which for some reason seem to be more resilient than in other places, but they have pretty much all collapsed now even with only using for a few weeks over the last year, zero veins have recovered, most recently I have been using the veins on my feet but they seem to not last very long... Its a really shitty feeling having dope and being super dope sick and not being able to get a vein for hours..yet I still would rather go through the hassle than smoke the dope, once you have became a major IV user smoking heroin is honestly pointless, like to the point where I have turned down many many times people offering me a free dragon because frankly it's a waste of dope.

You can inject into the veins on your chest or shoulders. At least i can. It has to be done in front of a mirror and requires some training and a bit of patience but once you get used to it it's no big deal.

Still Here and I really appreciate all of these methods sh*t has helped so much and in return I have helped others, now I've managed to get them all clean and back on the road so I am really happy, just wanted to say how much u all helped keep my loved ones safe so they could go on healthy and kickn' ass today!
STAY UP!
Any new advice is always welcome, as I am on my last months going for the gold again
..why? mainly cause no mainly's left and I miss the F8CK outta hiking! lol
🫀Ya'll!

Believe me I understand, I was able to get away from dope with the help of subs..but really, what other option does she have? After a while of sitting there with a needle full of tar and coagulated blood for hours searching for veins that cannot be found, maybe my advice will register with her and she will take a break?
Prob , def not. Resuscitation if u have the stuff in front of you. I also recommend muscling but must have longer needle. This only lasts so long too as gets so sore. But the working out jumping Jack's hot shower plus drinking a lot of water 32 gauge and breathing 4 or 5 times deeply and proper tourniquet.(meaning tight enough and wide enough, i found using a robe/ bath robe wrapped around twice with a tourn knot that can be pulled to let lose once you register. Do not leave tourn tied for longer than a min or so. Refer here for specifics on how to tie:)

I can’t stand all these high and mighty people who come here just to say “Get help”. Hello? Did you just search for this particular subject with no intention to give any useful input but instead to criticize the posted. As for the issue with having trouble finding veins. There really is no magic trick. But if you’re a hard stick and your veins have been difficult to find you better be doing everything you hear the nurse say the night before you have to give blood. You need to be hydrated most importantly. If you’re peeing yellow you’re need more water, decrease sodium intake(this one helped me a lot), make sure the area you are aiming for is warm. Try soaking a towel in hot water and put it over area for a minute or 2. If you’ve had a few misses or just been poking yourself a lot, your tissue is gonna swell up, you need to leave that area alone because it will only get worse. One thing I noticed alot of people don’t understand is what size needle they should be using. If you got little skinny veins that don’t pop you’re not gonna wanna use something small like 29 or too big like a 20. I like to walk back and forth to get my blood flowing as well. Usually something around 25 works for most people. Should you use 1 inch or 1/2 inch? Most of the time I find that 1 inch is much more efficient, but if you’re going into the hand or foot (avoid if possible…ouch!!!!, very painful and super difficult). Where the veins don’t lie as deep the 1/2 inch might work better. It amazes me how many people I’ve seen frustrated they can’t hit an some vein in their calf with a 1/2 inch 31 guage diabetic needle. One thing I do like to do if I’m having a little trouble is squeeze one of those hand grip forearm squeeze things that you can make harder and easier. Doing this for a minute can make your veins pop a little bit. Sometimes I’ll keep keep squeezing after I tie off and am about too do the thing. Last thing I’ll say is don’t just start poking puffy sreas and hoping for the best and making things worse and worse while wasting your work. I know it’s hard but you do gotta have some patience.

ps…. lighting as well…. I find overhead light out with a lamp on is best for seeing veins

Good luck