Alcoholism Thread v. A sober life is a good life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ya eh........ suboxone ruined my alcoholism......maybe thats a good thing......although it still comes out sometimes.................

Drinking on subs is a not a good choice mainly because it doesn't get you high like drinking without drugs or drugs like pot, Opiates and benzos. Subs is a little like antabuse and alcohol together. Unfortunately if you get your subs dose down to about 1/2mg and add 1 mg benzo or more.... depending on tolerance It can feel good again... at least thats how it works for me. I highly recommend against it. I drink more now than I ever did on or off other drugs YUK

Ive posted in her before saying I was sober from alcohol, I still am. I read other peoples posts and it amazes me i was once sitting here drunk reading the same thing. Its been 9 months since the 2 year binge ended. Its weird vodka was my poison. Id drink till i passed out i use to sing to myself on the kitchen floor as i passed out and burnt the food i was cooking or the ding of the microwave woke me up. Those days are gone and i miss them in the strangest of ways. Every memory i ever created in the past involved alcohol in some manner. Be it me going to the liquor store me thinking "damn i have to get to the liquor store before it closes" even though i was with friends or on the rare occasion, a date.

When things get hard its the first thing on my mind. How i wish i could walk into the liquor store again the way the weight of the world would drift away. That icy cold feeling of the bottle straight out of the freezer on my lips. But i gain strength just knowing i havent. Those things are in the past where they belong. I worry though worry something will happen in my life and i wont be able to cope.

I hope to be sober forever, the way things are going now i will be! I never thought this could be me. I hope you guys find what your looking for too. Meetings are great and so is finding the reason you needed, we are all looking for something its just a matter of figuring out what it is.

^^ It's great to hear from you again in this thread szuko, and your words are truly inspirational to me, as I'm sure they are to many other people as well. Keep up the good work <3 :)

I average about a half a beer a month these days, I used to drink every day and night, I can't stand alcohol anymore. Maybe it's just the subs but I quit before opiates entered the picture as a daily habit.

So I'm not technically sober, but feel much, much better than when I used to drink all the time. Still adjusting to the non drinking life after a couple years now though, it really takes some getting used to.

I'd say, not only are you sober, but you've made alcohol your bitch.

Grr its coming up to a month since I last had a drink...but I am starting to crave it so freaking bad... doesn't help that everytime I open the fridge there is beer down there kinda saying "hey you, up there, look down here by the lettuce, its me, your old friend, alcohol. I know you want me, nobody has to know, just taste me'.

I guess I just have to keep telling it to leave me alone!!! I don't want anything to do with you anymore! lifewrecker!

Grr its coming up to a month since I last had a drink...but I am starting to crave it so freaking bad... doesn't help that everytime I open the fridge there is beer down there kinda saying "hey you, up there, look down here by the lettuce, its me, your old friend, alcohol. I know you want me, nobody has to know, just taste me'.

I guess I just have to keep telling it to leave me alone!!! I don't want anything to do with you anymore! lifewrecker!

Why have you got booze in your fridge? If it's not yours could you not ask your friends or family to remove it for the time being?

If only :( It's my mum's and she is quite the alcoholic herself, so there's no way she will get rid of it, same goes I suppose for all the wine and spirits and cider she puts round the house. It sucks that she hides it too, as you go to get a shower, grab a towel and theres a 3 litre bottle of cider hidden underneath 8)

I guess the sensible thing to do would be to move out, but theres no way on earth I can afford to do that right now....

i have no idea what happened to my post.. i didn't see anything wrong with it..

anyways, hang in there wooger, i've gone through this before with my uncle. and it was a little shaky. but we had an interventionist come out to the house and we did the intervention. it was like what you would see on the show intervention. everyone read a letter to him.
maybe you can contact a treatment center there in town and ask if they have an interventionst. or if your mother see's a theripst or somone have them help you with it.
i feel what ur going through right now. don't let your mother keep you from being a human being. my family is all dysfunctional. i try not to let it keep me down, i just accept that my family is weird lol.

<3

Last edited:
thanks, its quite a good idea and worth looking into!

I mean this 'interventionist' person would have to be amogst the best tho, because for the most part, she doesn't seem to care/realise how bad for you all that alcohol is on a daily basis. Nor did I really, I think growing up watching her drink like that part of me thought it was 'normal'. Luckily I realised it wasn't and am trying to rectify my actions somewhat.

But yes, if her drinking is ever mentioned to her she either a)starts an argument and just insults people or b) denies that she drinks. So I dread to think how she will react at an intervention, but something has to be done, shes been drinking extremely heavily (think 15-20 drinks a day, more if know one else is home) for at least 10 years to my knowledge....

i have no idea what happened to my post.. i didn't see anything wrong with it..

Nah man, some posts have been lost due to the current server updates they're doing, not due to actual moderating decisions :) <3

One of these days I may try to get more sober. I definitely drink way too much, but I enjoy it too much and also its a social situation thing too (my coworkers were drinking beer today in the afternoon, which is not frowned upon). I try to take vitamins and milk thistle regularly, but I know that isn't as good as just slowing down and stopping. I pretty much drink multiple drinks every day. One of these days I'll kick the habit. It doesn't help that I am separated from my wife by distance (living alone in a new city for a new job, she's still finishing up school several states away).

One of these days I may try to get more sober. I definitely drink way too much, but I enjoy it too much and also its a social situation thing too (my coworkers were drinking beer today in the afternoon, which is not frowned upon). I try to take vitamins and milk thistle regularly, but I know that isn't as good as just slowing down and stopping. I pretty much drink multiple drinks every day. One of these days I'll kick the habit. It doesn't help that I am separated from my wife by distance (living alone in a new city for a new job, she's still finishing up school several states away).

How does the Milk Thistle help? Is it some kind of health herb for liver?

Thirty five years of daily drinking will be 2 years in june that I quit,After a scary detox at home
2 weeks (I dont recomend it get help will be much easier)Being from a family of Alcolism it was an acceptsd lifestyle.After 1 month I did not sleep for a week,thought no one ever died from lack of sleep add a severe manic episode was diagnoesed with Bi polar 1.This was at fifty years of age.I attened AA for a while off an on works for some just dont agree with the retoric.Any questions just ask.Still juggling meds trying to find the right cocktail.Bi polar sure
explains my huge energy and mood swings over the years.Any questions please ask.Stay well

i broke down and started drinking again.........

went through whatever WD i had to with dope, and went straight back to the bottle......

Ughh I escaped from the mental health hospital to get a drink, got myself some rum. Managed to get the whole bottle down in around 15 minutes. Got me put in a locked ward for a week, that and other things. Never drinking spirits again.

*touches wood*

Dad's been sober for around 4 years now.

Got his new liver 4 years ago this august, but he's been sober longer than that. Had to get clean well before he could get one.

Maybe closer to 5 at this point? Dont really keep track of the exact day of his sobriety to be honest (though we do keep track of the day he got a transplant), he kinda just nutted up about a year before the transplant.

Cool stuff, cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.