• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Alcohol vs Weed

Since I posted in this thread 2 years ago I quit drinking, too toxic. So I like weed better, dropped the alcohol became a junkie, kicked opiates last week but been fuckin wit xans.

As a recovering addict who has had issues with every drug including alcohol I have to say weed. It's the only thing I can use now that doesn't lead me down the rabbit hole of addiction. Weed isn't toxic from what we know. Alcohol is VERY toxic! Don't be like me and waste 15+ years chasing other highs in hopes of something better. It's insanity.

If vodka if the way to go, then I'd suggest starting off with some Smirnoff ice in my opinion. Tastes better than beer and the alcohol won't hit as hard taste-wise, but hey that's just my opinion. Written while drinking a Glenlivet 1824 :)

I think alcohol is a better drug because of price and the fact its way stronger. For 7 bucks including tax I can be drunk all day. With my tolerance I'd spend 3 times the money on weed and with less intoxication. Weed is more enjoyable and less side effects but it can be a pain in the ass to get at times. Also beer and weed taste good but with beer you get to taste it more to get a buzz. If weed were legal it would be the better choice by far but since it ain't...I'm a huge alchy.

Also I don't get that lazy foggy feeling the next day like being a pothead does to me. If I smoke in the morning I'm lazy all day but if I drink in the morning I just go about my day.

Used to love booze and weed, hate both now, both make me feel crazy. Used to smoke stupid amounts since I was 14 but just don't like it now. Have nothing against weed or booze(booze in moderation)

In Britain we have a drink called Buckfastleigh it's a 750ml cheap wine with the same amount of Caffeine as 3 red bulls!