• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Alcohol vs other drugs

Of the many drugs I've been addicted to alcohol is one of the worst in terms of damage to my life. Its cheap as fuck and strong but it has cost me more than any drug no lie. Just had a DUI from 5 years or so ago keep me from getting a job... Shit gets old.

EDIT: And its Indica with high CBD and THC levels that are good for sleep. The shit I got keeps putting me to sleep which is cool but not the best when your trying to loose weight and your fatass is couchlocked. Fuck I want some good summer sativa next!

Myrcene
Smell: Musky, cloves, earthy, herbal with notes of citrus and tropical fruit
Effects: Relaxation, sleepiness, couch lock
Medical Value: Antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic; good for muscle tension, pain, insomnia, depression
Also Found In: Mango, lemongrass, thyme, hops
High Myrcene Cannabis Strains: Pure Kush, White Widow, Skunk #1

β-Myrcene is a monoterpene, and for a wide variety of reasons, one of the most important terpenes. It is a precursor in the formation of other terpenes, as well. β-Myrcene is found fresh mango fruit, hops, bay leaves, eucalyptus, lemongrass and many other plants. β-Myrcene is known to be anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, and used in the treatment of spasms. It is also used to treat insomnia, and pain. It also has some very special properties, including lowering the resistance across the blood to brain barrier, allowing itself and many other chemicals to cross the barrier easier and more quickly. In the case of cannabinoids, like THC, it allows it to take effect more quickly. More uniquely still, β-Myrcene has been shown to increase the maximum saturation level of the CB1 receptor, allowing for a greater maximum psychoactive effect. For most people, the consumption of a fresh mango, 45 minutes before inhaling cannabis, will result in a faster onset of psycho activity and greater intensity. β-Myrcene can be used in this same manner to improve uptake with a wide variety of chemical compounds.
Less well known is that fact that high β-Myrcene levels in cannabis (usually above 0.5% ) result in the well known ‘couch lock’ effect of classic Indica strains of cannabis; Sativa strains normally contain less than 0.5 % β-Myrcene.
http://steephilllab.com/resources/cannabinoid-and-terpenoid-reference-guide/

Now if you all said high myrcene strain for sleep instead of cbd I wouldn't have argued.

Myrcene is a terpene made in the trichomes.

I don't like white widow as it always puts me on my arse, again white widow is not a high cbd strain.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that you lot are half 'right' as in I'm guessing amber trichomes would mean a very slight increase in cbd which has got fuck all effect on sleep actually it's got the opposite effect but it's in such low percentages that you wouldn't even notice. But at the same time the myrcene would have increased which does have an effect on sleep.

Last edited:
200 mg of Seroquel (Quetiapine), knocks me out lovely, there are slow acting versions though, must not be slow acting. The only issue to be aware of is that doctors don't want to prescribe it and if you tell you have an alcohol problem then they are even less likely to prescribe it.

In my case I had to pretend that I was loosing my job because of not being able to sleep. ;)

I am a fan of alcohol but mainly in moderation these days. I drink a few beers or glasses of wine most days. Rarely get pissed though. I just enjoy good wine too much to ever contemplate not drinking it. I primarily drink it for the flavour.

I stopped drinlng about 20 years ago when the label on my painkillers said not to drink (a 20 year old takes everything literally).

And I just never started again. I can't stand alcohol now. A few pregabalin give the same effect but without the "needing a piss every 10 minutes after your first one" syndrome.

Dont really like pregabalin either though......

Beer is nice and all, and will always be my first love, but on most hot days I hanker after a nice fino sherry or white port and lemon. Even 7-Up at a push. It's a different kind of drinking, I find.

Never been much of a fan of booze - has its moments, goes well with uppers.

I'd rather smoke weed given the option.

Was completely dependant on benzos for a while however.

I stopped drinlng about 20 years ago when the label on my painkillers said not to drink (a 20 year old takes everything literally).

And I just never started again. I can't stand alcohol now. A few pregabalin give the same effect but without the "needing a piss every 10 minutes after your first one" syndrome.

Dont really like pregabalin either though......
I always did the exact opposite. When i saw the "May increase the effects of alcohol " sticker i would head to the bottleshop. Not great HR but a few wines and an oxy or three or a few valium go nicely for me. I never push it with the quantity though. Everything in moderation including moderation :)

Sadly one constant that's always been readily available anywhere I go alcohol. Hate it hate what it does but God do I love a cool beer on a hot afternoon. Its the only drug that unites people oh but for that short time before it goes South when just the 1 becomes 9 and shit goes down.

Exercise and reading in bed before trying to sleep helps with sleep. also gives me more vivid dreams sometimes

Of the many drugs I've been addicted to alcohol is one of the worst in terms of damage to my life. Its cheap as fuck and strong but it has cost me more than any drug no lie. Just had a DUI from 5 years or so ago keep me from getting a job... Shit gets old.

EDIT: And its Indica with high CBD and THC levels that are good for sleep. The shit I got keeps putting me to sleep which is cool but not the best when your trying to loose weight and your fatass is couchlocked. Fuck I want some good summer sativa next!

Isnt it the Sativa strains that are more sedating, :? though its quite possible im getting the names of the starins and theri effects mixed up; ive been getting some really nice hash recently, no anxiety at all from it, slows my mind down completelty on top of benzos, i got my first proper happy high off it the other night, the first one for about 25 years when i stopped smoking hash as it just made me paranoid as fuck, so i havent aquired any for about 25 years, but this stuff doesnt do that atall and i went to sleep with a smile on my face the other night.
:D

The 25 year break seems to have worked miracles, or its all down to getting a suitable strain, but i now seem to be going through my second 'honey moon period' with hash, just like when i first started smoking it around 16-19, but i hammered it far too much at 19 and really screwed my mental health up for a good few years.

Fucks sake my chair is screwed, a wheel has come off, i guess i must have fallen off it or something early this morning. :\

Last edited:
Thats the sorta high ive always wanted from weed, makes me paranoid and anxious as fuck usually

Exercise and reading in bed before trying to sleep helps with sleep. also gives me more vivid dreams sometimes

Very true Dan. What have you been reading? You should have a look at that Mr Smiley book, reckon you'd like it

i think you definitely / probably need to get a sedating strain, rather than the 'intellectually stimulating' kind which really fucks me up too, last time on that shit and i was really paranoid and anxious.

The UK market seems to be going all American, where they have had the choice between Sativa or Indica for many years, but the last few weeks is the first time ive encountered that in the uk market, like i say ive not been looking for 25 years though.

Mdb it is indica which is the more sedating, muscle relaxing and sleepy buzz. Sativa is more uplifting, energetic, creative & can be trippy. People who are paranoid tend to have more problems with sativa and be better suited to the indica base strains.

The high level CBD strains, a lot of them seem to all stem from an Afghani cut of some sort. It's something they seem to just cross in with either indica or sativa strains. In terms of natural CBD being in there from what I've read it can be high in indica or sativa varieties.