European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Alcohol vs other drugs

TwistedMia

Greenlighter
Just curious here I'm addicted to alcohol not so much I need it to function, I sort of only drink at night as it helps me sleep. Now I know alcohol is harsh on the liver. Just curious if there is anything out there that would help me get a decent nights sleep without having to demolish 3 litres of cider every night

Alcohol isn't just hard on the liver. It's "hard" on every internal bodily organ that it comes into contact with. Ethanol ("drinking" alcohol, the same ingredient in gasoline) is a toxic substance and also kills neurons in the brain and is responsible for most of the brain damage caused worldwide.

Last edited:
Misread your post lol just take some benzodiazepines if u want to sleep w/o alc. dont trade one addiction for another though. You can smoke weed every night to go to sleep and it wont cause any problems.

Last edited:
If you try and change your nightly activities to something that doesn't allow or involve alcohol that can help you. A lot of the times people fall into the habit of having a few drinks watching tv or just chilling and then this becomes part of the norm and you can find yourself drinking out of routine rather than 'need'.

Weed may make you feel sleepy, benzos will help you sleep but are pretty addictive so dangerous to use as a replacement.

Another good non drug related method of helping to get a good nights sleep is exercising. It helps by making you tired and also stimulates the production of both serotonin and melatonin. Melatonin helps regulate your sleep. Worth considering.

Ive found a good way to get a good night sleep is to mix 90% surgical ethanol with about 50mg diclaz powder....

(WARNING .....YES I DID THIS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT.....YOU WONT WAKE UP)

Ive found a good way to get a good night sleep is to mix 90% surgical ethanol with about 50mg diclaz powder....

(WARNING .....YES I DID THIS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT.....YOU WONT WAKE UP)
Yeah thats a really really bad idea..

Yup i know brother....i was in a bad place and didnt give a fuck.

People keep saying "you of all people should know better" but as you know we suffer as much or more as most people

People keep saying "you of all people should know better" but as you know we suffer as much or more as most people
Yep i totally understand brother. Nursing is one thing..i cant imagine the stress and trauma associated with being a paramedic. Take care bro and please make sure you go and talk to someone about whatever it is thats troubling you. You know RC benzodiazepines are not the answer...short term fix long term problem. Just take care.

For something non-addictive, you can buy valerian root as a supplement pretty easily and unless you're a frequent benzo user it should aid sleep even if only as a placebo. When I take it I sleep easier anyway. I use it sometimes when I'm having a benzo break. That and codeine, but the codeine actually makes it harder to sleep, that's for the daytime.

Got two days of work ahead, need some sleep so had a few cans. Helps me sleep, just want to not have to drink to sleep, trying to lose weight and doing really good eating wise but the cans of cider/beer won't be helping at all. I have a very poor appetite when its comes to food, most days will get by on one meal a day

High thc content weed for sleeping weather smoked or taken orally after decarbing, drink coffee to protect the liver and not green tea.

Maybe a good seeing to for sleep to not that I'm offering just suggesting like lol.

Last edited:
you want high cbn/cbd for sleep, not thc. a heavy indica strain is what you need

follow bearloves advice op, hes smart

If I had to choose between an alcohol or benzodiazepine addiction then I woulg go for the benzos any day, as damaging as dependence on these drugs are at least they don't destroy every cell in your body while your consuming the drug. I know its an awful dependence but it is possible to detox oneself with careful tapering and medical support.

I know that may come across as an irresponsible comment, as one would not wish dependence on either of these drugs, but when it comes down to it benzodiazepines are not as poisonous as alcohol, and even serious alcoholics can be detoxified using cholordiazopoxide or diazepam in 2 - 4 weeks, so while it would be stupid to swap an alcohol dependency for a benzo addiction, they are indicated in cases such as yours for short term use. Although the quality of sleep these drugs provide is far from optimal, its still better sleep than alcohol can induce. 2-4 week courses of the benzos I have described above are vert=y effective at breaking the behavourial chain around drinking, and as soon as you reach the end of the course you will be dependence free and able to promote a more healthy sleep pattern in yourself using the advice given by the above posters.

If you think its an issue - go see your doctor. Loads of people find themselves in your position as functional alcoholism is probably the biggest drug dependency in the UK after tobacco somking.

I used to work as a staff nurse and have extensive experience with alcohol and opiate detox. 3 litres of cider is a reasonable amont - we have prescribed short courses of choldiazpoxide to patients who had a daily intakes less than the OP's

you want high cbn/cbd for sleep, not thc. a heavy indica strain is what you need
You've got the wrong end of the stick there bhm.
Thc for sleep, cbd if you want to theorize.

Indica strain is strong in thc, a sativa strain is strong in cbd...

I find that listening to podcasts and audio books helps me to sleep, as i can easily slip into the habit of drinking at night.

You've got the wrong end of the stick there bhm.
Thc for sleep, cbd if you want to theorize.

Indica strain is strong in thc, a sativa strain is strong in cbd...

completely wrong. you've got it backwards. dont misinform people, he was right in the first place. you probably read your facts from leafly LOL

I had that "I dont give a fuck" mindset at one point in time. bullshit just piled up and I just couldn't take it anymore. came very close to completely ruining my life but still managed to ruin about 90% of it. With all the different drugs, research chemicals, horrible decisions I was making who knows what could have happened to me. I'm very lucky to still have a healthy body and brain.