• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

respect alcoholics who recover because if my cup of tea was constantly on commercials with hot babes in every advertisement/socially everywhere around me... I don't think I'd be able to stop.
I respectfully disagree...again 🤣 Nothing personal just a matter of opinion. My OPINION is that if the stigma was lifted from all drugs and Oxycontin was viewed as Heineken it would be a lot easier first not to get addicted and secondary to come off and stay clean.

P.S. I don't think that there should be allowed comercials of any drugs. Kids watch TV also and I view it as inappropriate in on itself.

Sorry for derailment of a thread. I'm out. Take care you all.

Hello fellow bluelighters i soooooooo need your advice and expertise!!! My fiance is trying to quit alcohol because it is ruining his mind, body and soul!! He recently quit his job because he cant handle things right now. We"ve called place after place to get him into detox but we cannot afford it, he is uninsured and the prices are astronomical unfortunatley!!! he has no choice but to try to do it at home. Can any of you give us advice on over the counter medications and vitamins that will help ease the symptoms to get him feeling okay to start living life again. heres a little info about his alcoholism. hes been drinking daily for 8 years, he drinks about 8 16 oz cans of beer a day no liquor. any advice, input, kind words and help would be greatly appreciated!! I NEED MY BLUE LIGHT FAMS HELP!!! sending love and light

... hes been drinking daily for 8 years, he drinks about 8 16 oz cans of beer a day...
That's a lot of beer, but a relatively mild alcohol addiction. I doubt he will suffer any physical withdrawals other than sleeplessness. Diphenhydramine and/or melatonin would help with that. Otherwise, a well-balanced diet and vitamin supplements(especially thiamin) would be good. For sudden intense cravings I'd suggest eating something sweet. It always helped me-- especially chocolate.

Good luck and keep us posted.
❤ ❤ ❤

As stated above.

If possible try to get him out for a walk once or twice today and it'll help him feel better.

Hell likely sleep crappy but he'll already be feeling better by morning. After day 3 it will be like nothing happened.

Be prepared for him to go from little appetite to eating everything in site for a week or so.

Melatonin, fish oil, theanine, magnesium, b complex would all be good supplements to use if needed

As a experienced rehab counselor resident, I suggest to look for a psychologist specialized in addiction. Conductual cognitive theraphy is the way an addict learn how to modify a conduct.

I personally believe good therapy sessions make a big difference.

In my case after 8 rehabs and rejecting any kind of help, I finally accepted therapy seriously and until then things changed.

Therapy + AA gruop sessions even much better.

Last edited:
L-theanine I found particularly useful for mild alcohol withdrawal, particularly with cravings. The main problem is you develop a semi-permanent tolerance very quickly after just 3-4 days. So use it only during serious attempts to quit. 400-600mg per day helped me out a lot on one attempt to quit.

also second magnesium and b complex, important

L-theanine I found particularly useful for mild alcohol withdrawal, particularly with cravings. The main problem is you develop a semi-permanent tolerance very quickly after just 3-4 days. So use it only during serious attempts to quit.
Interesting. I'd heard of L-theanine but didn't know much about it. I Googled it and apparently it has several benefits.
Thanks for the tip.

Interesting. I'd heard of L-theanine but didn't know much about it. I Googled it and apparently it has several benefits.
Thanks for the tip.
I had tried it casually before at about 200mg, mostly only found it useful for counteracting caffeine anxiety which I am sensitive to, but relegated it only for that purpose and nothing else.

I randomly tried it again at higher doses while also trying to quit alcohol and it really helped a lot, but after 4-5 days the magic was gone, and even after a 4 week tolerance break it never came back.

I had significantly less cravings and also felt relaxed during that time period. More than placebo, there was a noticeable effect, that I would almost call a buzz, but not quite. I honestly thought I had found a magic cure, but after 5 days that feeling stopped no matter how much I took.

Thank you so much bluelight fam, we got B complex, milk thistle, a melatonin + L-Theanine vitamin (200 mg L-Theanine 3 mg melatonin), a anxiety and stress relief vitamin which contains Ashwagandha 600 mg and L-Theanine 200 mg, a daily multivitamin and elderberry sambucus vitamin. We got them stocked up on all kinds of sweets and candy. This is a New beginning for both of us, because I'm not physically addicted to alcohol but I drink it everyday so in order to support him I also need to change for the better of myself. I truly appreciate your guys's support! My fiance never heard of blue light before and I got to introduce him to the community today, and read him all the messages and responses that you wrote and I think that gave us both a lot of Hope and encouragement! I will keep you guys posted an updated!! I will definitely give you guys an update tomorrow on how the detox is going, thank you for the support and kind words!!

Be prepared to hear other participants say things like this:
"You drank how much? If I could do that, I wouldn't be here!"
I've been through AA so many times, I could never drink their kool-Aid!!! A.A. is not to sound mean but for individuals who aren't strong or don't believe in THEMSELVES!!! I HAVE FOUND AA TO BE JUDGY AND IT'S THEIR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AND YOU'LL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL OR SOBER WITHOUT THEM. never could get with that ideology!

He was s 35

I just asked bc the younger the better :) So 35 is good and the male body copes better than female.

Keep 72 hours in mind if he's having a rough time. The brain chemicals start to go back to normal.

Lots of hydration! B vitamins, rest. The body knows what to do to heal itself, it's the brain that can be a problem :)

Sounds like he's got good support ❤️

Abbey xx

Lol.

My comment about injecting vitamins got deleted. There is literally nothing wrong with an IM shot of b12 or b complex.

Get a grip fascist moderator

Great support!

Yall are gonna wave some cash! You should treat each other to a nice dinner date after a week or so...

If he does need therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy is great!

Keep us posted!

I've been through AA so many times, I could never drink their kool-Aid!!! A.A. is not to sound mean but for individuals who aren't strong or don't believe in THEMSELVES!!! I HAVE FOUND AA TO BE JUDGY AND IT'S THEIR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AND YOU'LL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL OR SOBER WITHOUT THEM. never could get with that ideology!
Yeah I've been to thousands of AA meetings over the years. I was even a sponsor a few times. My sponsees usually stayed sober longer than I did.

I ain't knocking AA. It works well for some people and helped me in some ways. But it's not for everybody.

Live and Let Live