• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

I used to always drink when I did meth or coke, whereas I don't dare drink on MDMA or 4-MMC because it makes me black out and behave like a retarded.

The real danger of drinking mouthwash is the high levels of salicylic acid.

Salicylic acid is an even more potent blood thinner than aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). Think about downing a bottle of liquor with a bottle of aspirin and you're getting the idea.

It's unlikely to kill you if you only do it once.

People who drink mouthwash every day usually don't live long at all though.

Before my day's of drinking, when I was Alcohol naieve. Some f*cked skate dudes we met walking shared a bottle with us.

I was polite and took a swig. It tasted weird, wtf am i drinking kinda feel. So I asked what's in that bottle. It was like an old skool bottle. My granny's 'eau d'cologne', that explained it all and our way's departed. Later I saw mini versions of the same kind standing by a lot old lady's but never had the urge to drink it again.

Oh god that's foul. Must have been horrible...
I obviously had no money, the off-licence that gave me a tab was closed, it was 3:30am so not many people to ask in the street, so it was the only thing I had containing alcohol. But it was the eau de toilette version, basically one of the 2 higher alcohol percentage versions compared to the cologne or aftershave versions (the other being eau de parfum), so it was like 88% if I remember, this was like 20 years ago, luckily had a small amount of lemonade to dilute it down with, and it did stop the shakes but I advise anyone to never ever do this because it unsurprisingly fucked my insides up and the sickness was indescribable. Plus stomach pumping is never the most pleasant....even if they put you out for it you have that kind of interfered with feeling after anyway.

Standard is a 4-pack of 7.5% beer, which I have to finish inside about an hour and preferably on an empty stomach to get a good buzz going. It's not cost - effective at £10 a go.

Over here alcohol is cheap with wine being the cheapest. 1,5l of 10% wine for around 2usd.

Night about bottle of wine,or two bears,or 150-200 g vodka or whiskwy.not often

2 beers somewhere between 6.5% and 8% ABV is my usual happy spot

sometimes i'll have 3 or 4 but not often

some days i just have 1 beer

i don't drink hard alcohol - just beer

:cheers:

One drink, when I feel like it. Type doesn't matter.

Alcohol got boring. It can still take the edge off and sometimes tastes good, though.

I had to learn having fun with alcohol. Years ago if you had asked me I would always have chosen any shitty drug over alcohol but nowadays I really enjoy the shit out of it from time to time.

One drink, when I feel like it. Type doesn't matter.

Alcohol got boring. It can still take the edge off and sometimes tastes good, though.
My intake has declined what used to be a bottle is the equivalent of a six pack at max.

And there sober day's in between.

I had to learn having fun with alcohol. Years ago if you had asked me I would always have chosen any shitty drug over alcohol but nowadays I really enjoy the shit out of it from time to time.

I used to get a lot out of it, but mainly used it at parties or with people who don't use other drugs. It's still useful for those purposes but it just feels like been there and done that by now. I've always enjoyed the high but it was never the kind of drug that felt like it filled a hole in my life, unlike some others. The hangovers and mild withdrawals I got from binges didn't help my estimation of it either. By far one of the best things about sticking to a relatively low amount is never having to deal with those aspects of it.

I enjoy trying new drinks now. I made one of my own last year from 1 shot of apple brandy, 1 shot of orange juice, and 1 shot of pineapple juice poured into a shaker full of ice covered in streaks of honey and shaken heavily and strained into a cocktail glass. It comes out just a little bit sweeter and thicker and it's delicious.

My intake has declined what used to be a bottle is the equivalent of a six pack at max.

And there sober day's in between.

Congrats, it's not easy. I was never every day but I used to drink a lot whenever I did drink and was usually the only person to not be able to drive home from the party, didn't really stand out to me as odd at the time.

For most of my adult life? However much was available. I only stopped drinking when I:
  1. Passed out
  2. Ran out
  3. Got arrested
Sounds familiar Xd
For the last 3 or 4 years? It's weird. Apparently I'm an anomaly: the alcoholic who can practice controlled drinking.
You're not quite as much of an anomaly as you think. According to the available data, including NESARC, over half of people that ever met the classification of 'alcoholic' end up reverting to moderate drinking, instead of becoming totally abstinent.

Over here alcohol is cheap with wine being the cheapest. 1,5l of 10% wine for around 2usd.
That *is* cheap. . . Wine is also the best value alcohol in my US state, but costs almost twice as much (5L of 13% wine for $15).

These days, I don't have much of a taste for booze, so the sweet 9-10% wine is all I really like to drink straight. If I get 13% wine, I'll usually make a kind of "wine cooler" by mixing it with an equal amount of soft drink (Coke for red, 7-UP for white).

My standard dose right now is about 40g of pure ethanol— in beer, 1×25oz Bud Ice tallboy [730ml×5.5%] or 2×16oz Genesee/Rainier pints [940ml×4.3%]; in wine, 2×10oz Chardonnay/7-UP cooler [300ml×13%] or 2×7oz Crisp White iced [420ml×9.5%].