• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

SIXPARTSEVEN, help!!!hey I want to try this but I do not have a syringe and also I have the 8 mg strips. I havebeen trying to plug because under my tongue isn't working all that great. sometimes it works. the plugging, well, not working cuz do not know correct ratio. I take 4 to 8 mg twice a day and was at first getting nice. It's been a year and I experiment w/ all different doses so I can feel the energy I once experienced but not really having any luck. PLEASE HELP ME. can you improvise this step by step process say using a nose dropper.instead of a syringe, or...whatever you think might work. once again please help me out. pictures would be great too. waiting patiently..lol I hope this gets posted within your post. if it doesnt and you read this somewhere else because I am real new to this can you explain how to respond to a persons post

AHhhh I love how well this works. All I do is wash my mouth out with Listerine before placing the strip under my tongue. It does in fact feel like it works better than snorting it used to when I used the pills. Anywho I'll have to get some 99% everclear and try out the cotton method! Awesome :) Much thanks everyone!!!!!

Is this worth doing to the strips?

Yup, works just fine with the strips. I do it every day, but instead of using drinking alcohol and cotton I just wash my mouth out with Listerine before popping the 8mg strip in, as enough of the alcohol in the Listerine is left in my mouth to aid absorbtion.

SIXPARTSEVEN, help!!!hey I want to try this but I do not have a syringe and also I have the 8 mg strips. I havebeen trying to plug because under my tongue isn't working a ll that great. sometimes it works. the plugging, well, not working cuz do not know correct ratio. I take 4 to 8 mg twice a day and was at first getting nice. It's been a year and I experiment w/ all different doses so I can feel the energy I once experienced but not really having any luck. PLEASE HELP ME. can you improvise this step by step process say using a nose dropper.instead of a syringe, or...whatever you think might work. once again please help me out. pictures would be great too. waiting patiently..lol I hope this gets posted within your post. if it doesnt and you read this somewhere else because I am real new to this can you explain how to respond to a persons post

First off you can't reply to people directly, all you can do is quote them as I have your post. You can send Private Messages to specific people to get their attention once you become a Bluelighter. Also, in the future try to space out your posts into paragraphs, splitting up sentences or something, so it's easier for us to read, therefore making it easier for us to give you good advice.

You don't need a syringe. Just get some Listerine and wash your mouth out with it, then without washing your mouth out with water or any other liquid after you use the Listerine (you want the kind with ethanol/alchol in it btw) just pop the strip/crushed pill right in under your tongue. It's that simple.

The whole idea is that you need a solution of alcohol mixed with suboxone. You can do this outside your mouth, with the cotton and alcohol and syringe and all, or you can just put alcohol under your tongue/in your mouth and then add the suboxone. Either way you get the same results. Probably easier to use Listerine as I've mentioned though, given that holding any solution under your tongue, especially one that might burn a bit, isn't so easy. However, with really high proof alcohol the solution should be absorbed into your membrane very quickly.

After I wash my mouth out with Listerine and pop the 8mg trip under my tongue, I only have to wait 5-10 minutes at max for them to have dissolved.

EDIT: HAHAHA!!! Okay, so I wanted to try this like how the OP really intended. Well, I've only just put the suboxone infused alcohol soaked cotton balls under my tongue, but I have really high hopes. Like how the OP had to make due with the alcohol he had on hand (Malibu Rum if memory serves), I too didn't have the optimal everclear I wanted. However, I did have a orange/citrus infused brandy. Since it's 40% should work just as well if not better than either my previous Listerine method or the OP's original experiment with the slightly less alcohol Malibu. Okay, a little under five minutes, in, wow! I can feel something other than placebo. But is this the alcohol or the bupe? I guess I'll find out sooooon enough :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question

I have sea%rched this whole thread and sorry if I missed that it was answered, but can you use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol with the films and cotton balls or does it have to be drinking alcohol. I know many alcoholics who drink Isopropyl alcohol to get drunk because they think since it is the alcohol used for astringent purposes that it somehow does not classify them as drinking although they still get the same effects. So, will the Isopropyl alcohol work for 6part7's method?

Frankly I wouldn't in any way sense or form promote such use. Isopropyl alcohol, sorry if I'm incorrect, but doesn't drinking the stuff cause risks way past drinking ethanol/normal alcohol?

In short, if you value your health, and that of your friends, you'd be much much MUCH better of than not to avoid drinking this stuff.

Using it for this method? Why? That's my one question? I mean, using ethanol based alcohols is hard enough on your body. Will it work? Well, frankly it just might. But there is ABSOLUTELY no reason you should be trying this. Especially considering that "normal" alcohol is pretty much everywhere (although granted as I don't know what part of the world you're from it might not be where you are), if you don't have access to drinking alcohol (such as when one is in rehab), maybe that's a sign one shouldn't be fucking with one's addiction maintenance medication...

I don't know how legit there data is, but this seems like a good start in why you shouldn't ever put Isopropyl alcohol into your body (I mean, unless you're trying to torture someone, and even then, why the fuck would I condone that?!): http://www.livestrong.com/article/125365-dangers-drinking-isopropyl-alcohol/

And of course here we have another set of data that I certain have more faith in that says (in much less strong language) the same thing (don't drink it!!!): http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/584145-Isopropyl-Alcohol-(rubbing-alcohol)

Okay, my drinking rant aside, will it work, again, for small tinctures? According to that last thread (in SMALL amount) it might just do the trick in terms of being usably for inscreading sublingual absorbtion. HOWEVER, once again I cannot condone such a practice, given possible dangers involved, ESPECIALLY when ethanol/ethyl alcohols are readily available.

If its (isopropyl) is all that is available to you (not because you're in rehab, but say because it is illegal in you society), and you're willing to risk (a probably small risk) your health, go right ahead and try it out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do NOT use isopropyl alcohol. If you poison yourself and this method ends up in the media those of use prescribed bupe will have to start taking it like methadone at the window everyday

No, I was not suggesting that anyone drink this, nor would I! I just know alcoholics that have resorted to that because of the reason I said before.....I agree that it is stupid and dangerous...I just did not know since it is such a minute bit you are using, if it would work? Just curious..someone else asked me this when I was explaining 6part7's method. He has no way of getting to the doctor to get on the suboxone and so I have been giving him a few films of mine and suggested this method to him to make them last longer, not the Isopropyl alcohol, but the exact method.

No, I was not suggesting that anyone drink this, nor would I! I just know alcoholics that have resorted to that because of the reason I said before.....I agree that it is stupid and dangerous...I just did not know since it is such a minute bit you are using, if it would work? Just curious..someone else asked me this when I was explaining 6part7's method. He has no way of getting to the doctor to get on the suboxone and so I have been giving him a few films of mine and suggested this method to him to make them last longer, not the Isopropyl alcohol, but the exact method.

I think there are two questions here, with one simple answer:
  1. Would it work? Probably...
  2. Is it safe, responsible, mature, effective, etc. etc., in any way shape or form? No.
Nononononon no NO!

p.s. If you're on a suboxone program, you might be better off (for the sake of treatment and all) not giving/selling your medication. Just a thought.

FYI, I am on a suboxone program and if I choose to spare a few films to help someone out that has no means of getting on them right now, it is at my discretion to do so. I have been clean for 2 and 1/2 years and was clean for a year and 8 mths before I ever knew anything about suboxone. I had never even heard of it when my doctor suggested it. When I got clean, I went cold turkey and detoxed on my own at home because I had no other option. I appreciate my sobriety a lot more, I think because I went through that pain of DT's. I know for me, that is what worked for me, as well as, working a 12 step program. I am not a Big Book thumper and do not push that way upon anyone. I think that different strokes for different folks....But, I was put on suboxone due to real medical problems and having to have 26 non elective surgeries. In August of last year I was diagnosed with Lupus, Gout, and Type II Diabetes. I had to be clean for that long to really know if I had true pain or if it were my addiction telling me I had pain. Even then, hearing these diagnoses I was not willing to jeopardize my sobriety and take prescribed pain meds again which were my DOC. I held out until I absolutely could not take the pain anymore and that is when my doctor discussed Suboxone with me. I was so scared to even try it because I did not want to get into a that vicious cycle again. I finally gave in and tried it and thank God for this drug. It does not take care of all of the pain, however, it does help a great deal! Without it, I can barely walk on my own. I have really good days, where all I have to take is 1 strip and then I have very bad days where I have to take 3 strips. I am very thankful that I have never gotten high off of them because I know my addiction and if I got the slightest euphoria from it, I would wind up back where I was or dead! I am prescribed 90/month and there are some months I have some left over. I choose to give my friend two or three strips every now and then because I know he is trying to do the right thing and has been white knuckling it for over a year because that is the only choice he has at this time. Kudos to him for continuing the white knuckle way as long as he has even though he is completely miserable. So, yeah, if he ask for two or three every few months, HELL yeah, I am going to give them to him! I'm just sayin....! And sorry, did not mean to go off on a tangent!

sup Blers? it's been a while? i remember johnnyschimpo or w/e and capt.heroin, maybe you two remember me from my drug-hazed days back in '07 and '08 ?

anyhow, just reading this thread for purely educational purposes and was wondering if someone were to add a drop of vodka to their sub dose and then plug that solution, would it increase the rectal BA?

i used to be Rx'd 0pium tincture so i know one can successfully plug alcohol, doesn't hurt as much as you'd imagine if the dose isn't too high. plugging tincture was almost as good as IVing opiates IMEs. so how would alcohol dissolved sub plugged be in terms of increased BA?

Have lurked and researched for a while and it is time I finally took the effort to register and make a small contribution.

I have an entirely different perspective on bupe/alcohol to offer being a non-addict, non opiate tolerant individual. To get a good buzz I generally only take a 10mg hydrocodone and I get all itchy and warm and cozy, I have desired more but know better than to raise my tolerance. I only take them on occasion.

When I met a friend with suboxone 8mg sublingual my ears immediately perked up. I had remembered seeing bupe is something like 68x as potent by mg as hydrocodone and like 40x as potent as morphine, not to mention the 37hr half-life. Only a few strips preserved properly could be a lifetime supply for me. After taking 1/50th of a sheet and itching/ nodding/ cozy/ best 2 days ever and searching bluelight for more info on this incredible drug I found the alcohol method.

I take a 1oz(30ml) bottle of visine, empty, fill with 191 proof grain alcohol, add 8mg strip. There are ~350 drops in a bottle making this perfect for dosing small amounts. 7 drops would equal my previous dose, now I only use 4 drops and get a stronger, longer, discreet, convenient effect. I have had a great time with just a few drops a day. At this dosage and with the long half life there are nearly no withdrawal symptoms. I actually sleep longer than I normally would. This would also be very convenient for lowering your dosage by say one drop a day, barely noticeable reduction in desired effect and nearly impossible to achieve with conventional methods.

I recently acquired 50, 8mg strips for nearly free. I also have god-like self control, so for nearly nothing I have a safe, convenient, potent, life time supply of a 37hr half life opiate. Thanks blue-light, opiate-addicts, and the naivety of the FDA for releasing such a potent widely available drug. I feel gooooooood........

Have lurked and researched for a while and it is time I finally took the effort to register and make a small contribution.

I have an entirely different perspective on bupe/alcohol to offer being a non-addict, non opiate tolerant individual. To get a good buzz I generally only take a 10mg hydrocodone and I get all itchy and warm and cozy, I have desired more but know better than to raise my tolerance. I only take them on occasion.

When I met a friend with suboxone 8mg sublingual my ears immediately perked up. I had remembered seeing bupe is something like 68x as potent by mg as hydrocodone and like 40x as potent as morphine, not to mention the 37hr half-life. Only a few strips preserved properly could be a lifetime supply for me. After taking 1/50th of a sheet and itching/ nodding/ cozy/ best 2 days ever and searching bluelight for more info on this incredible drug I found the alcohol method.

I take a 1oz(30ml) bottle of visine, empty, fill with 191 proof grain alcohol, add 8mg strip. There are ~350 drops in a bottle making this perfect for dosing small amounts. 7 drops would equal my previous dose, now I only use 4 drops and get a stronger, longer, discreet, convenient effect. I have had a great time with just a few drops a day. At this dosage and with the long half life there are nearly no withdrawal symptoms. I actually sleep longer than I normally would. This would also be very convenient for lowering your dosage by say one drop a day, barely noticeable reduction in desired effect and nearly impossible to achieve with conventional methods.

I recently acquired 50, 8mg strips for nearly free. I also have god-like self control, so for nearly nothing I have a safe, convenient, potent, life time supply of a 37hr half life opiate. Thanks blue-light, opiate-addicts, and the naivety of the FDA for releasing such a potent widely available drug. I feel gooooooood........

"God-Like Self Control"

That is worrysome-

As someone who empathizes with your belief of a "Godlike Self control" (I used to think that too), I wanted to put that out there...
PS: I like the visine bottle stealthiness, sounds great for on-the-job safety ^_^

Also, I have no idea if this has ever happened, but- Seems like having a username/referance to a possible place of employment (Really, Mr. JohnHopkins ^.^) is really unneceassarily Risky (albeit a Tiny risk, but nonetheless, a Risk) As someone who empathizes with your belief of a "godlike Self control" (I used to think that too)- I just wanted to put those thoughts out there..

Back on track: I left my .5mg/ML tequila solution in the fridge for 2 weeks (by happy accident), and I'm getting an effect that is CLEARLY stronger/ SMACKIER than that same dose used mnay times before. I always made 8 mg worth of solution, and used it in 8 days, so this is the longest I/ve ever stored the solution. May post in ADD if no responses here.

Anyone else notice this Unusual change?

Last edited:

If you had "god-like self control don't you think that you would refrain from using any opiates/opiods at all? Haha
I said I had self control one time.... 6 months later I was slamming OC and Morphine, 6 months after that 1 and a half to 2 grams a day of heroin.
So be really careful in saying that you have self control, cause everyone who ends up saying that ends up dead or sick.
Subs have saved my life and I am very thankful for them, otherwise my "self control" would have ended up killing me, or even worse.... Me traveling to Baltimore (H capitol of the US) or even better Afgan(H capitol of the world).

But like stated in a post above, to get back on track. :p

I used the only alcohol I had, brandy (Yuk!). I just did the fast easy method of putting the strip under my tounge.
And then I measured out in a medicine cup 1 ML for the 8MG that I was using.
Let the mix sit in my mouth for an hour, waited and now... Well now.... I'm writing this ;)
I feel great, the mix really does work.

I have been a opiate addict since 14 (22 now), My tolerence to any kind of pill is quite high, especially opiates and 'oids inculding Subs.
So when I read this article refered to me by my man Captain.H I was excited.

Here is my dose schedule:
I take 16 MG when I wake up
And 8 MG when I go to sleep.

I have been on a sub plan for about 1 year and 4 months. (Yes I am still at 26 MG after 1 year, told you about my tolerence)

So I took my last 8MG dose with the alcohol (Brandy).

After a year of subs you don't really notice the effect, yes it gives me a boost of energy and makes me feel better and normal but its not something that I can
notice anymore... BUT with the mix I feel great, I might even say I have a slight euphoria.

So anyone who is trying to get the most out of there subs, I recommend this straight up.

But I have a question, does the strips works better then the pill or vise versa?

Thanks for this information!

Generally speaking 24 MG a day is much more than needed. I transitioned to Subs from long term MMT [20+ yrs] and only needed 8 mg to maintain. I've since slowly tapered to 1 mg and feel better than the higher dose with little to no side effects... that came with 8 mg. If you read thru the Suboxone Mega thread you'll find many more who feel and believe that less is more. However, it's really an individual thing and cravings seems to be a factor for many of those who take the higher doses.

Generally speaking 24 MG a day is much more than needed. I transitioned to Subs from long term MMT [20+ yrs] and only needed 8 mg to maintain. I've since slowly tapered to 1 mg and feel better than the higher dose with little to no side effects... that came with 8 mg. If you read thru the Suboxone Mega thread you'll find many more who feel and believe that less is more. However, it's really an individual thing and cravings seems to be a factor for many of those who take the higher doses.

Cravings are what made my dose go up, some peoples tolerence is just naturally higher then others it seems, cause I weigh 130 pounds and take more then most other patients my doctor has. If I go anywhere under 20 I will have cravings, not so much withdrawl just cravings.

Cravings are what made my dose go up, some peoples tolerence is just naturally higher then others it seems, cause I weigh 130 pounds and take more then most other patients my doctor has. If I go anywhere under 20 I will have cravings, not so much withdrawl just cravings.

Understandable.. since others have the same issue. I do have minimal cravings which I suppress with alcohol which I know isn't good but is my reality. I feel certain a higher dose would take them away but I'm one of those who have bad side effects with higher dose. Headaches, constipation, sweats...etc