• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

Now how about if you wanted to increase the nasal bioavailability?Cud you swab the inside of your nose then sniff?Ive tried this,and I kinda think it increases the bioavailabilty.maybe sumone can try and let me kno w what u think!!

ive been on suboxone for a little over a year and every bit of information ive found on these threads has been helpful..ive been using the alcohol method for a while now and ive found that first of all taking milk thistle sometime a couple hrs before you dose decently potentiates the dose with more euphoria..then brushing your teath, your tounge and underneath really well..followed by either washing out with mouthwash or even just a little bit of the vodka from the solution your about to use..then when i dose even tho im prescibed more i only take a little over 3mgs but under 4mgs cuz thats when i feel i get the best results, now i dont know about yall, but crushing into powder makes me salivate way more which in turn effects the concentration level of the soltuion so i just break into about 3 to 4 pieces and then i get 1/8th teaspoon(.62ml) measuring spoon or whatever and fill it with abosolute vodka and dump under my tounge(sometimes i drop just another single drop depending on dose size) along with my dose thats already there and i keep it pressed as tight as possible until dissolved to keep my mouth from producing as much saliva..i keep it under for about 20 to 30 min

Let me turn this around... If you really want to get the most of alcohol/subs mix then taper down to about 1/2mg... do it sublingual and then take 3-4 shots of liquor over course of half hr to hr. A low dose benzo mixed is even better. You can't do it everyday or it will ruin it.

I know someone already asked but i didnt see an answer.Would this method work with Suboxone sublingual film (The strips)?I think they work better to begin with so if 6/7's method would work with the strips that would be great!

I just rinse my mouth with mouthwash, making sure to hold some mouth wash under the tongue for a while before dosing with suboxone. If you rub an alchol swab over your veins you will see that it dilates them temporarily. Therfore, the blood vessels under the tongue are dilated, making for more absorption of the bupe.

I just rinse my mouth with mouthwash, making sure to hold some mouth wash under the tongue for a while before dosing with suboxone. If you rub an alchol swab over your veins you will see that it dilates them temporarily. Therfore, the blood vessels under the tongue are dilated, making for more absorption of the bupe.

Sorry man, but that's not going to cut it. Yes, cleaning your mouth may help(assuming you don't salivate too much afterwards) but as Sixpartseven as already said, mouthwash doesn't have much alcohol to begin with, so just swishing it around for a while won't help get any noticable increase in bioavailability. If you are forced to use something low-proof, like mouthwash, then follow his method. Although personally I IV my suboxone, I occasional(or at least I used to occasionally) use other BA's for the hell of it, and I tell you, the method with cotton is genius! I actually stumbled upon it in a similar way as 6p7, trying to recycle my cottons, but never thought of actually mixing my sub dose with the alcohol, and then allowing cotton balls to soak it up.
Well let me tell you, the results are far better than I would have ever imagined. Obviously, the alcohol increases BA(despite what some skeptics say, though I will address them later) but the real beauty of his method is the cotton balls. Normally, a portion of bupe get's wasted, getting mixed in saliva or going down the throat. This is even worst if you try to just mix the bpe with some alcohol in a cap(as I have tried before) as the alcohol temporarily causes the mouth to water, not to mention it burns like a motherfucker. But with the cotton balls, all you have to do is press GENTLY, and hold for a good 10 minutes. The cotton stays in place, allows the entire dose to be absorbed both more QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY, and is just so simple to keep there. Also, as 6P7 has pointed out, when you take it out, you will immediately know if it fully absorbed, as the color will be gone.
As I said, I IV now, but this is nonetheless a vital technique that any and everyone who uses suboxone should know. With this method, BA is AT LEAST as good as intra-nasal, perhaps higher, and you get that killer fucking half life. Just don't let the skeptics bring you down;
This method is great, and the science behind it is PROVEN. This is not some wacky junky theory; it is a certified fucking fact. For anyone who's prescribed suboxone not to believe this is beyond me. All you have to do is read the goddamn pamphlet they give you...
It has a chart labeling different doses; to the right, it says how much of that dose is actually being absorbed. It has separate listings for what I believe it calls the "high dose sublingual tablets" and the Buprenorphine ethanolic solution, the latter being much higher. So anyone who uses

lorne667: Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks using the cotton is the best way to so it. At the beginnig of the thread, no one understood what I meant by that and why I suggested doing it. Also, thanks for pointing out the info on the pamphlet. I pointed that out as well but I don't think anyone who doubted this method bothered to check for themselves.

hey i loved this method, but my doctor is switching me over to the films now. will it work just as well?

I haven't tried it, but if the films dissolve enough to be made into a solution, then I eont see why it wouldn't work.

Now how about if you wanted to increase the nasal bioavailability?Cud you swab the inside of your nose then sniff?Ive tried this,and I kinda think it increases the bioavailabilty.maybe sumone can try and let me kno w what u think!!

No. This only works sublingually as far as I know.

Let me turn this around... If you really want to get the most of alcohol/subs mix then taper down to about 1/2mg... do it sublingual and then take 3-4 shots of liquor over course of half hr to hr. A low dose benzo mixed is even better. You can't do it everyday or it will ruin it.

There's a huge difference between what we're talking about in this thread and what you're suggesting. With an alcohol/suboxone solution, you're using a very small amount of alcohol to increase the BA. They have to be mixed together and absorbed under the tongue. Taking a few shots along with a benzo is just mixing the effects of a dangerous combowith you're suboxone. You are not increasing the bioavailability by doing that. The point of a solution is to be able tto use less suboxone for the same effect. With your suggestion, nothing about it would allow less suboxone to be used, it will just give you a buzz on top of your suboxone.

Last edited:
There's a huge difference between what we're talking about in this thread and what you're suggesting. With an alcohol/suboxone solution, you're using a very small amount of alcohol to increase the BA. They have to be mixed together and absorbed under the tongue. Taking a few shots along with a benzo is just mixing the effects of a dangerous combowith you're suboxone. You are not increasing the bioavailability by doing that. The point of a solution is to be able tto use less suboxone for the same effect. With your suggestion, nothing about it would allow less suboxone to be used, it will just give you a buzz on top of your suboxone.

I understand about the subs/alco bio. If the side effects of subs keeps you at 1mg or less then cravings can be an issue. If you know your tolerance and keep the benzo/alcohol within the range of same... there is very little danger. I don't necessarily recommend it for others, just saying what works for me especially after being pushed from MMT to SMT by VA healthcare. Dr prescribes both benzo/subs and is aware of my dinking and limitations. So for me it works... others???

But what you're doing does not increase the bioavailability. My concern was not the danger of the combo, it's that what you're talking about really has nothing to do with what we're talking about other than the fact that it involves alcohol and Suboxone. Your topic would fit better in the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread. That's the place for more generalized discussion. This thread is very specific.

Good gawd! 1st off, huge thanks to the people who did the ground work on this. It works phenomenally well...with a marked and quite noticeable increase in BA, half-life and effects felt. I was stunned by the success I've had with this...

Let me 1st say I use it with the sublingual strips which I find to be MUCH easier to cut up into precise 1mg and sub-1mg doses. I use a square cut out of .5-1mg doses, 1x sometimes 2x/day. I got the cheapest 50% alcohol vodka I could find, and put the dose of bupe under my tongue then drop a couple of drops of vodka right under the tongue. Yes, it burns for about 20secs. I generally hold it under the tongue for about 15mins. Maybe that's overkill idk...But I've been able to taper down to a .5-1mg dose per day, something that I thought wouldn't be possible for me. There is a definite increase in effects felt, that and the longer half-life have been a big help to me in getting to a low dose.

I'm now at a place that 3 months ago I thought was not possible for me. For the 1st time in YEARS I now am really going to give complete abstinence a try. I'd love to give this info to the people who go to the same doc as I do. But I honestly think that my doc would probably kick me out if I even mentioned alcohol and suboxone. The "knowledge" my doc peddles is a dim comparison to the empirical knowledge I've found here. My doc is drinking copious amnts of the R&B kool-aide. No generic bupe bc that's a dead giveaway to IV seekers (bullshit). He also insists that its the bupe/naloxone combo that somehow "covers up" the opiate receptors and that is how the blocking effect is had. When I said the word "affinity" his eyes glazed over...It's sad...he actually pushes me to "find god" and says complete sobriety is impossible w/out it. :-/

But a big thanks to you guys for this!!

The only reason I thought that chewing tobacco might help is that it has fiberglass and other additives in it that open up the blow vessels and allow the nicotine in.

You really think that it doesn't help any?

Where is your source of fiberglass in smokeless tobacco? Sounds like bullshit

Found this on the naabt.org website about Bioavailability of buprenorphine

Buprenorphine has poor gastrointestinal (GI) bioavailability, and fair sublingual bioavailability. FDA-approved formulations of the drug for treatment of opioid addiction are in the form of sublingual tablets that are held under the tongue and absorbed through the sublingual mucosa. Studies of sublingually administered Buprenorphine have employed either an alcohol-based solution or a tablet formulation of the drug. Confusion may result when reviewing the literature on the effectiveness of Buprenorphine at various doses because most early trials and clinical studies of Buprenorphine were performed with a sublingually administered liquid preparation, whereas the oral formulations marketed in the United States are sublingual tablets. Studies have shown that the bioavailability of Buprenorphine in sublingual tablet form is significantly less than via sublingual liquid solution – about 50 --70 percent that of the liquid form, so the dosages of Buprenorphine sublingual tablets must be significantly higher than those used in the liquid form to achieve the same therapeutic effect.

Good gawd! 1st off, huge thanks to the people who did the ground work on this. It works phenomenally well...with a marked and quite noticeable increase in BA, half-life and effects felt. I was stunned by the success I've had with this...

Let me 1st say I use it with the sublingual strips which I find to be MUCH easier to cut up into precise 1mg and sub-1mg doses. I use a square cut out of .5-1mg doses, 1x sometimes 2x/day. I got the cheapest 50% alcohol vodka I could find, and put the dose of bupe under my tongue then drop a couple of drops of vodka right under the tongue. Yes, it burns for about 20secs. I generally hold it under the tongue for about 15mins. Maybe that's overkill idk...But I've been able to taper down to a .5-1mg dose per day, something that I thought wouldn't be possible for me. There is a definite increase in effects felt, that and the longer half-life have been a big help to me in getting to a low dose.

I'm now at a place that 3 months ago I thought was not possible for me. For the 1st time in YEARS I now am really going to give complete abstinence a try. I'd love to give this info to the people who go to the same doc as I do. But I honestly think that my doc would probably kick me out if I even mentioned alcohol and suboxone. The "knowledge" my doc peddles is a dim comparison to the empirical knowledge I've found here. My doc is drinking copious amnts of the R&B kool-aide. No generic bupe bc that's a dead giveaway to IV seekers (bullshit). He also insists that its the bupe/naloxone combo that somehow "covers up" the opiate receptors and that is how the blocking effect is had. When I said the word "affinity" his eyes glazed over...It's sad...he actually pushes me to "find god" and says complete sobriety is impossible w/out it. :-/

But a big thanks to you guys for this!!

Not to burst your bubble, but taking sublingual buprenorphine with alchohol isn't actually lowering your tolerance, as .5 mg sublingual without adding alchohol has a 30% absorption rate, so only about .15 mg is being absorbed, whereas with the alchohol, it bumps the absorption up to 50% on the low end, which would mean .25 being absorbed, and on the high end, something like .35mg being absorbed, which is a little more than taking one mg of suboxone sublingually without the alchohol. I really don't say this to sound like a pretentious snob, but just because if your trying to decrease your tolerance, youre not actually achieving that by doing this. However I think this is a really great way to make a little bit of suboxone go a long way without resorting to injecting it.

I just tried this, using around .5mg of cheap 80 proof vodka for about 1.5-2mg of Suboxone. I just put the suboxone under my tongue and then squirted the vodka under it with an oral syringe, it burned for the first 5-10 seconds but the burning went away quickly. Now I'm just keeping it under my tongue for 10-15min before swallowing and then I'll just have to wait and see. I didn't want to do the whole cotton-ball thing, seems like too much of a hassle.

Not to burst your bubble, but taking sublingual buprenorphine with alchohol isn't actually lowering your tolerance, as .5 mg sublingual without adding alchohol has a 30% absorption rate, so only about .15 mg is being absorbed, whereas with the alchohol, it bumps the absorption up to 50% on the low end, which would mean .25 being absorbed, and on the high end, something like .35mg being absorbed, which is a little more than taking one mg of suboxone sublingually without the alchohol. I really don't say this to sound like a pretentious snob, but just because if your trying to decrease your tolerance, youre not actually achieving that by doing this. However I think this is a really great way to make a little bit of suboxone go a long way without resorting to injecting it.

That's a spot on point. Better to say, it's allowed me to dose to sub mg levels. It's also way easier to titrate my dose without eyeballing a tiny crumb or in my case strip of film. But you're right, since the higher BA, you're actually dosing MORE.

I'd also like to update my method. I use the films. But I 1st cut them up into 16 .5mg doses. The best method I've found for this is to use a tiny plastic spoon (like the ones for feeding babies) and put the desired amount of sub into the spoon. I then use high proof alcohol with a measured dropper of .6 milliliter worth of alcohol. I let it sit for about 10mins and then use a plastic toothpick or prong from a plastic fork to stir it until completely dissolved. I then simply take the spoon, pour the solution under my tongue. It's a tiny amount of solution and has great effects! Very impressed by this ROA.

Was just wondering, why can't u use flavored/spiced alcohol. In this case 100 proof pepper met schnapps ?

I often have a sip of wine or strong beer with my suboxone to help it dissolve , i think one of the reasons it works better is the alcohol thins the layer of mucous and crap that covers your tongue and pallet.

ive read a study once praising the virtues of brushing your teeth and especially gums and tongue before taking one's suboxone and it does make a big difference , lysterine wouldn't hurt too i can imagine.

Im trying this out as we speak. I am low on my supply and will let u know how it works. I do feel a difference when i brush my teeth and gums first so using alcohol makes sense.