• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

alchohol withdrawls

obviously you need to follow the advice other people are giving you in this thread. another option is get some benzos. last semester i was getting drunk every day and it was getting out of hand but i couldn't face sobriety and all my attempts at "drinking less" just lead to more drinking. what helped me was using benzos, they weren't as euphoric as alcohol but they were good enough to help me abstain long enough to get some control back. i didn't get addicted to benzos in the process either. now i have my drinking and benzo use both under control (although i'm not saying it will stay that way, who knows what the future holds).

lurkerguy said:
Take a shot man.

Don't go cold turkey from a bottle a day my friend, you could seriously die.

You don't have to kill yourself with alcohol brother, what kind of trouble are you in?

It can't be that bad.

My aunt drank herself to death.

She died at 67...

It won't work as fast as you think, it is a slow death.

At 750ML a day, you might do yourself in at 35-40 though.

It is fun until you get liver failure.

You get all fat and bloated and have horrible pain.

My aunt went into a coma and still screamed from the coma in pain until she died.

Your liver is a very vital organ, losing your liver is a fucking painful way to go brother.

This is what your liver will look like in 10 years my man, and it is no coming back:
CirrhosisLiver.jpg

yeahs scary shit man my problem is im not on 750 a day i am now but sooner or later ill be on more and more and more

I did 1500 a day for 12 months. It's a bitch to stop. I got myself some clomethiazole and did it over 10 days. You seriously need to get some benzos or similar. When you get clean, get on the disulfiram. As long as you have the strength to take the pill in the morning, you won't be drinking THAT day at least.

yeahhhh i know what you're sayin usdathashield, i was there a month ago eh... the docs aren't much help... i see ur in toronto too yeahh docs here are a bitch when it comes to dispensing anything that has an abuse potential even if it could save your life from alcohol which is worse even though it's legal! you can hit me up on msn if u need ne advice, i got this sober shit down to a science now, and i have alcoholism in the family so this was a big deal for me

also weird i cant sleep at all my stomach is rolling all over the place if i close my eyes i get some weird visuals, im just seeing images sped up, for example like weird avatars if u know what i mean. im also doing this weird thing cuz i cant sleep if i close my eyes i feel like im losing my balances and fall into this weird sleeping state but tis not sleep anyone heard of this?

ive also got diarrhea, im drinking enough water i think so i dont get that dehydration thing. lol im actually tired now still cuz i havent slept for a day and some time, not sure how long, its cruel tho cuz as soon asi think im making progress to sleep i have shit myself and im afraid if i go to sleep ill get dehydrated

Last edited:
as well, this is a really stupid quesiton but i guess ill ask anways, you know how if someone gets addicted to opiates finishes wd's and their tolerance is a lot better? how long would i have to wait for alcohol, thanks guys

I think alcohol tolerance sticks around for a long time. The liver has a good memory.

Even at my most intense intake, I could not drink heavily for more than 2 days at a time. I always had to take 4-5 days off just to recover. Night sweats are the worst. They usually only last one night/binge.

alanwatts said:
I always had to take 4-5 days off just to recover. Night sweats are the worst. They usually only last one night/binge.

I remember saying the same thing to my uncle "Man I don't know how you can get that drunk, and wake up and drink again, I can only drink like once every few days at most" etc.

Few years later, I get so drunk I piss myself, wake up in my own piss, feel like I will die, and grab a beer from the fridge in less than 15 minutes.

The shit is dangerous, it creeps up on you.

i was at more than a 5th a day a few years ago. unemployed and had absolutely nothing to do. drank around 2 5ths a day for a few months...then quit cold turkey. NOT GOOD. i was trying to call for an AA meeting and couldnt find it cuz i was struggling w/alphabetical order. i tried to quit a few months ago and the DTs were something fierce...slight auditory and visual hallucinations and all of them were of the paranoid variety.
try just taking a few shots to ease the withdrawals

yeah the wd's are getting much better i havent been able to sleep in 35 hours (so fucking long for me im a person that cant survive with sleep lol)

i dont know what to do about it really, im pawning shit so i can buy more vodka soon. ive been helpless to addiciton since april 06 (just got addicted to alcohol 2 months ago tho). worst thing is i cant seem to get out ofmyself, cant really stop myself at all which is why i need to go to rehab to get my shit together, because i need it very very badly. i know every time i get high or drunk im only hurting my body, myself and everyone around me i have 10 0000 reasons to quit substances but its always the same that i want to be addicted i like it too much love the escape.

You get released from rehab and you will be the same person as before.

You have to deal with it yourself.

Only way you will straiten up is if you want to straiten up period.

People have gone to jail for 10 years on a murder they did while drunk, got out, and that same night they are shitty drunk.

usdathashield said:
yeah the wd's are getting much better i havent been able to sleep in 35 hours (so fucking long for me im a person that cant survive with sleep lol)

i dont know what to do about it really, im pawning shit so i can buy more vodka soon. ive been helpless to addiciton since april 06 (just got addicted to alcohol 2 months ago tho). worst thing is i cant seem to get out ofmyself, cant really stop myself at all which is why i need to go to rehab to get my shit together, because i need it very very badly. i know every time i get high or drunk im only hurting my body, myself and everyone around me i have 10 0000 reasons to quit substances but its always the same that i want to be addicted i like it too much love the escape.

get some benzos, sure they are bad for you and the withdrawal is worse than alcohol but they won't destroy your body nearly as fast. benzos can really help with alcohol withdrawal and they aren't that expensive either.

for me, what got me to calm down (i still drink a ton but not as much as before) was 2 of my friends threatening to never speak to me again if i didnt cool it.

I gave up drinking for lent. Working on day 7 now. It's been hard, but not impossible. I was drinking about 1000ml of rum a day. Spending WAY too much money out at bars. Several things made me decide to quit for forty days. 1. I was waking up with the shakes. 2. My buddy nearly ran off the road and killed us both. 3. I was blacked out from booze and xanax and when I came to "someone" had pissed on my djm800 mixer. That happened twice. You know its time to take a break when you mistake a 1500 dollar piece of electronics for the pisser....
good luck man. I hope you make it through this.

The shit is dangerous, it creeps up on you.

Very true , of all depressants actually, but alcohol with its social aspect and easy availability is a real bastard!

but alcohol with its social aspect and easy availability

^ i find it's almost impossible to resist if one is an alcoholic .

^ Yeah there's always that aspect:\ 8) :D

yeah im thru wds now after sleeping for 13 hours mercifully aftre a bad bout of insomnia. strangely i had nightmares for 90% of my sleep i rarely every hgave nightmares. i feel pretty much ok tho except my hands really shake.

im planning on staying sober for today (28th, and 29th) then drinking friday saturday and sunday and monday then taking time off again.

also since i am done wd's physically i think mentally i of course feel like a peice of shit, i want to get my life in order tho, fix shit socially (social doesnt exist at all for me at the moment,, for months basically)

and become an athlete and go to college again since i was a hockey goalie

but i searched one rehab and it was $23, 000, wtf!!!:\

i need outside help because i ALWAYS go back to drugs and booze i always get sober, start playing again (sports) then start using, boom quitting selling my own shit for substances).

im sober now for 48ish hours and im forcing myself to wait till friday so i can binge again and when i stop i hope i wont have wd's that might actually kill me. overall (im no doctor) id say my wd's were mild to moderate... dont want to comprehend what severe is.....

^depending on how long you've been drinking like that, you may not be through with it yet im sorry to say
Delirium tremens (colloquially, the DTs, "the horrors", "the shakes" or "rum fits") is an acute episode of delirium that is usually caused by withdrawal or abstinence from alcohol following habitual excessive drinking. Delirium tremens can also appear after a rapid reduction in the amount of alcohol being consumed by heavy drinkers, or as a complication of withdrawal from benzodiazepines or barbiturates. It only occurs in individuals with a history of constant, long-term alcohol consumption. Delirium tremens typically manifests about 18 to 24 hours after discontinuation of alcohol consumption, but can appear two or three days after.

The main symptoms are confusion and agitation. Other common symptoms include intense hallucinations such as visions of insects, snakes or rats. These may be related to the environment, e.g., drawings on wallpaper that the patient would perceive as giant spiders attacking them. Unlike hallucinations associated with schizophrenia, delirium tremens hallucinations are primarily visual, but associated with tactile hallucinations such as sensations of something crawling on the subject - a phenomenon known as formication. Delirium tremens can sometimes be associated with severe, uncontrollable tremors of the extremities and secondary symptoms such as anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia.
those are just snippets get the rest HERE