• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

After 7 months away from Fyntinol Methodone has become way to strong Anyone else experience this?

Wattt 305 bro???? Holyyy shit , have you been off dope or you battling that still? And I do know wat you mean about fast metabolizer , I'm a chunky kinda 240 right but I just started really working out hard a few weeks ago , but there's a kid in my groups that is super skinny AF and he is in 220 and still sick as fuck everyday and if doesn't hold him at all , but when I got to 178 was exactly how high I went now that I think 🤔 i stopped the dope all together and i swear bro i did not even get a snffle , i had some craving but i was ready also so i battled through the mind shit which was easy because i wasnt sick at all . Butt at first I didn't feel the done at all just not sick ya know . But you got me thinking now bro maybe because I gained a bunch weight and sit around a lot in off season of work maybe it just builds up in my system dam that gotta be it , see they don't really check your blood like that at my clinic ? Is that test something you gotta specifically request tho ? And yea bro fr it's crazy if I take my dose all at once I'll be sleeping in 45 mins if i sit down lol now if im moving up working i dont but im not motivated and tired af but if i sit down ill nod dropping cigs and shit its crazy but didnt do that so much until we got laid off for winter and i started sitting on my ass . Bro I literally have like 4 bottles of 50mg left over from this week's take homes
Yes 305 dude, lol, Id show you a pic of my take home bottle if I could figure out how to post a picture in these forums.
Anyway, the more I thought about your situation, the more I started thinking Id like to give you different advice.
First your questions: Usually the clinic in mandated to do at least 1 peak and trough blood test per year, unless Ohio does not have that specific regulation, Wisconsin does for sure. And yeah if you were not having the side effects you are having now when you were working, I'm assuming during the summer, so sweating etc.. Then yes, it is likely the buildup is because of being somewhat sedentary if you've been off work.
But that leads me to my new advice for you. I actually wouldn't go to the doctor and ask to go down on your dose and here is why: The problem you have is actually not a bad problem to have, not necessarily good either if you dont like those effects. What I mean is that it is definitely not a bad thing that you have methadone left over. What if something happens like an economic crash or natural disaster and you cant get your medicine? The good thing is that you get take home doses so you have some freedom. What I would personally do if I was in your shoes is I would lower my dose myself (which it sounds like you are already doing) and take less so that you dont have these negative side effects, and save up as much methadone as you can. It is probably, almost certainly against the clinics rules to do so, but it is your medicine, you payed for it and its not illegal as it is YOUR prescribed meds. Go on Amazon, they sell these little clear plastic 10milliliter bottles, similar to your take home bottles with sealable caps. Id start puting that shit away in those and start treating it like the liquid gold that it is. Just remember for dosing that 1 ml of red methadose liquid equals 10mg of methadone. Another reason for doing so is that what if next summer when you start working again you find that you need more methadone to stay out of withdrawal because your metabolism is faster. Its not going to be super easy to just go see the doc and ask to be raised back up, that shit takes time. So I would stay where you are, lower your dose yourself and start putting the extra methadone away for safe keeping as a "just in case".

Seems like your opioid receptors might have recovered from the extreme desensitization/tolerance from your fentanyl use. That, and that you're experiencing the typical effects of methadone build up/accumulation.

It's funny, years ago I was on 380mg a day of methadone (usually 240mg in the morning and 140mg in the evening), and while I usually did feel sleepy enough to take a nap about 6-8 hours after taking my morning 240mg, the 140mg in the evening didn't seem like enough because each morning I would wake up in mild withdrawal (feeling cold, yawning, watery eyes, general discomfort). As soon as I woke up I took my 24 pills (I had the 10mg tablets), nearly choking each time because i would eat them by the handful and they are very crumbly, and then I would sit around in a chair with a blanket feeling uncomfortable until around 90 minutes later when I'd start to warm up and begin to feel better. But it's crazy I was taking 380mg of methadone a day and still waking up in withdrawal.

Sometimes I miss those mid-day methadone naps. I've never been a person who could take a nap (even as kid -- I remember in preschool during "nap time" I'd just lie there wide awake). I also miss how enjoyable food was when I was on methadone -- food just tasted better and was more enjoyable (it's like I could appreciate it better). Interesting, the opioid antagonist naltrexone is used to treat overeating, since blocking opioid receptors makes food less enjoyable.

I've neve4 been able to sleep well since I was kid nor enjoyed eating, which is probably why I wound up on a massive dose of methadone. Seems like I naturally have an under active opioid system. What's weird is that I remember sometimea feeling symptoms resembling opioid withdrawal when I was a kid, long before I ever fucked with them.
How did you manage to get off that massive dose of methadone? I only ask because I am on 305mg and at some point I would like to get off as well but I am a fast metabolizer so even at 305 I still feel like crap in the morning before I take my dose. So if I start going down that will very likely just get worse.

Consider yourself lucky this is very rare

Any other medications like gabapentin etc will affect how methadone affects you

Yes 305 dude, lol, Id show you a pic of my take home bottle if I could figure out how to post a picture in these forums.
Anyway, the more I thought about your situation, the more I started thinking Id like to give you different advice.
First your questions: Usually the clinic in mandated to do at least 1 peak and trough blood test per year, unless Ohio does not have that specific regulation, Wisconsin does for sure. And yeah if you were not having the side effects you are having now when you were working, I'm assuming during the summer, so sweating etc.. Then yes, it is likely the buildup is because of being somewhat sedentary if you've been off work.
But that leads me to my new advice for you. I actually wouldn't go to the doctor and ask to go down on your dose and here is why: The problem you have is actually not a bad problem to have, not necessarily good either if you dont like those effects. What I mean is that it is definitely not a bad thing that you have methadone left over. What if something happens like an economic crash or natural disaster and you cant get your medicine? The good thing is that you get take home doses so you have some freedom. What I would personally do if I was in your shoes is I would lower my dose myself (which it sounds like you are already doing) and take less so that you dont have these negative side effects, and save up as much methadone as you can. It is probably, almost certainly against the clinics rules to do so, but it is your medicine, you payed for it and its not illegal as it is YOUR prescribed meds. Go on Amazon, they sell these little clear plastic 10milliliter bottles, similar to your take home bottles with sealable caps. Id start puting that shit away in those and start treating it like the liquid gold that it is. Just remember for dosing that 1 ml of red methadose liquid equals 10mg of methadone. Another reason for doing so is that what if next summer when you start working again you find that you need more methadone to stay out of withdrawal because your metabolism is faster. Its not going to be super easy to just go see the doc and ask to be raised back up, that shit takes time. So I would stay where you are, lower your dose yourself and start putting the extra methadone away for safe keeping as a "just in case".
EXACTLY wat I was thinking it's NOT a bad problem to have and I definitely STOPPED telling them and am keeping ALL my extra FUCKEM it's mine hahaha

Most definitely looking at it that way brother I've got a bunch stacked up already!!!