• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

After 7 months away from Fyntinol Methodone has become way to strong Anyone else experience this?

hwbush336

Bluelighter
So I've been off Fyntinol Now for 7 months maybe more and I was on 160 mg of methodone, First I split the dose and the literally cut down from 160 to 120 in one day . Experienced zero withdrawal or effects of withdrawal. Actually it is still highly sedating me at 120 , and that does is now split 50 and 70 at night . As soon as I take the 50 in the morning I'm tired sleepy no motivation to do my workouts and almost impossible to take entire 70 at night of I nod out like I'm high . Had anyone else experienced this insane increase in effect of methodone after being sober??? I remember when I first started I couldn't even feel 180 mg not for almost 2 months? Now it's crazy strong ? How much can I cut again once without withdrawal? Don't get me wrong I love methadone it's turned my life completely around compared to the torchers and mental side affects of Suboxone it's night and day different i guess I'm just not wanting the sedation anymore where my life's at now I want more motivation.

Thanks guys !!!

Are you currently taking any other drugs/medications/herbs/supplements?

This is pretty unusual and potentially dangerous. My first guess is possible CYP inhibition causing the methadone to build up in your system, which could lead to unexpected overdose.

This is pretty unusual and potentially dangerous. My first guess is possible CYP inhibition causing the methadone to build up in your system, which could lead to unexpected overdose.
A wat? I'm not taking anything. And it's not like that it just makes me sleepy when I take it .

I d

I smoke weed tho but have for years . But it's not that it making me nod out , it's just still making me tired as shit at 120 mg

Are you getting this from a doctor?
Reduce your dose by 10mg. See how that goes for a week. Still too much? Reduce it again.

My guess is you will find a spot where you will start to feel a little uncomfortable.
Stay there for a while and let your body adjust and then go down a little more.
Repeat until you are off it completely.

I take methadone for pain, up to 80mg/day. Then the dr said I could have heart issues being on so high a dose; cut me to 40mg/day. I didn't feel a bit of withdrawal.
Now continuing to taper down lower from a current 20mg/day (@20mgs it feels like I am in constant mild withdrawal. So I split it; I take tablets, but now taking 10mg/twice a day; seems to have helped).

you were stabilized at 160mg; then after a few months that started feeling too strong, so why now? even Now you are at 120mg and it still feels too strong.
Probably you could go even lower and maybe that could help with the sedation.
Only concerning is because of a seemingly sudden big drop in your tolerance; several months after being stabilized on 160mgs. Anything else change to cause the methdone possibly to build up in your system?

Why are you taking split doses, btw?. Maybe try choking on 1/2 your take home dose instead of the whole 70mg,
So; 50mg morning plus 35mg in afternoon and see if that helps.

I feel Methadone is pretty forgiving regarding withdrawals over 40mg/day.
I went from 80 to 40mg overnight and didn't feel much in terms of withdrawal, but possibly less sedation at 40mg in my experience.

Are you getting this from a doctor?
Reduce your dose by 10mg. See how that goes for a week. Still too much? Reduce it again.

My guess is you will find a spot where you will start to feel a little uncomfortable.
Stay there for a while and let your body adjust and then go down a little more.
Repeat until you are off it completely.
Yea man it's from the methodone clinic here in town , inner city Columbus Ohio , and that's wat I been doing , I def don't want to come off completely I'm only 7 months away from Fyntinol I just want to NOT be so dam tired during the day .

I take methadone for pain, up to 80mg/day. Then the dr said I could have heart issues being on so high a dose; cut me to 40mg/day. I didn't feel a bit of withdrawal.
Now continuing to taper down lower from a current 20mg/day (@20mgs it feels like I am in constant mild withdrawal. So I split it; I take tablets, but now taking 10mg/twice a day; seems to have helped).

you were stabilized at 160mg; then after a few months that started feeling too strong, so why now? even Now you are at 120mg and it still feels too strong.
Only concerning is because of a seemingly sudden big drop in your tolerance; several months after being stabilized on 160mgs. Anything else change to cause the methdone possibly to build up in your system?

Why are you taking split doses, btw?. Maybe try choking on 1/2 your take home dose instead of the whole 70mg,

I went from 80 to 40mg overnight and didn't feel much in terms of withdrawal, but possibly less sedation at 40mg in my experience.
What do u mean " why now " lol because it's still to dam strong that's why now ? And I have been splitting it , wat do u mean why am I splitting it ? Because its TO strong 🤔 srry but I don't understand your questions reiterating my questions I've already asked lol 😂

And how do I know what could cause a buildup of methodone in my system ? All I know is it's just To strong , there was NO sudden change in tolerance it's been 7 months change in tolerance I was smoking 2 grams of dope a day before starting methodone, I stabilized at 178 , dropped to 160, spit the 160 , And I think that's where it got to strong , I wasn't used to taking a full 160 all at once anymore. All I'm trying to do is come off some and not be So sleepy tired lethargic the same shit everyone else gets I talked to at the clinic after being off dope awhile , plus I work out cardio everyday , maybe it's my heart from all the speed and crack over the year idk all I know is 7 months later it's just really strong

And how do I know what could cause a buildup of methodone in my system ? All I know is it's just To strong , there was NO sudden change in tolerance it's been 7 months change in tolerance I was smoking 2 grams of dope a day before starting methodone, I stabilized at 178 , dropped to 160, spit the 160 , And I think that's where it got to strong , I wasn't used to taking a full 160 all at once anymore. All I'm trying to do is come off some and not be So sleepy tired lethargic the same shit everyone else gets I talked to at the clinic after being off dope awhile , plus I work out cardio everyday , maybe it's my heart from all the speed and crack over the year idk all I know is 7 months later it's just really strong
I don’t think there is any specific reason for the build up of methadone in your system except for the fact that the half life of methadone for most people is 24 hours plus. Meaning it has taken a while (7months) but enough of it has not been eliminated by your body post 24hrs to finally build up to a point that it’s causing these effects for you.
Question: have you gotten any peak and trough tests done lately to see exactly what your blood levels are? They may well be in the toxic range with the type of side effects you’re experiencing.
I think the only solution to this is to see the doc and start going down on your dose. Probably 10-30mg.
I wish I had your problem bro. I go to the clinic in Green Bay and I’m on 305mg. I’m a confirmed fast metabolizer. Even at 305 my last peak number was only .73 meaning my doctor is still willing to go up 15-20 more mg because I still feel like shit in the morning before I dose.

Seems like your opioid receptors might have recovered from the extreme desensitization/tolerance from your fentanyl use. That, and that you're experiencing the typical effects of methadone build up/accumulation.

It's funny, years ago I was on 380mg a day of methadone (usually 240mg in the morning and 140mg in the evening), and while I usually did feel sleepy enough to take a nap about 6-8 hours after taking my morning 240mg, the 140mg in the evening didn't seem like enough because each morning I would wake up in mild withdrawal (feeling cold, yawning, watery eyes, general discomfort). As soon as I woke up I took my 24 pills (I had the 10mg tablets), nearly choking each time because i would eat them by the handful and they are very crumbly, and then I would sit around in a chair with a blanket feeling uncomfortable until around 90 minutes later when I'd start to warm up and begin to feel better. But it's crazy I was taking 380mg of methadone a day and still waking up in withdrawal.

Sometimes I miss those mid-day methadone naps. I've never been a person who could take a nap (even as kid -- I remember in preschool during "nap time" I'd just lie there wide awake). I also miss how enjoyable food was when I was on methadone -- food just tasted better and was more enjoyable (it's like I could appreciate it better). Interesting, the opioid antagonist naltrexone is used to treat overeating, since blocking opioid receptors makes food less enjoyable.

I've neve4 been able to sleep well since I was kid nor enjoyed eating, which is probably why I wound up on a massive dose of methadone. Seems like I naturally have an under active opioid system. What's weird is that I remember sometimea feeling symptoms resembling opioid withdrawal when I was a kid, long before I ever fucked with them.

I don’t think there is any specific reason for the build up of methadone in your system except for the fact that the half life of methadone for most people is 24 hours plus. Meaning it has taken a while (7months) but enough of it has not been eliminated by your body post 24hrs to finally build up to a point that it’s causing these effects for you.
Question: have you gotten any peak and trough tests done lately to see exactly what your blood levels are? They may well be in the toxic range with the type of side effects you’re experiencing.
I think the only solution to this is to see the doc and start going down on your dose. Probably 10-30mg.
I wish I had your problem bro. I go to the clinic in Green Bay and I’m on 305mg. I’m a confirmed fast metabolizer. Even at 305 my last peak number was only .73 meaning my doctor is still willing to go up 15-20 more mg because I still feel like shit in the morning before I dose.
Wattt 305 bro???? Holyyy shit , have you been off dope or you battling that still? And I do know wat you mean about fast metabolizer , I'm a chunky kinda 240 right but I just started really working out hard a few weeks ago , but there's a kid in my groups that is super skinny AF and he is in 220 and still sick as fuck everyday and if doesn't hold him at all , but when I got to 178 was exactly how high I went now that I think 🤔 i stopped the dope all together and i swear bro i did not even get a snffle , i had some craving but i was ready also so i battled through the mind shit which was easy because i wasnt sick at all . Butt at first I didn't feel the done at all just not sick ya know . But you got me thinking now bro maybe because I gained a bunch weight and sit around a lot in off season of work maybe it just builds up in my system dam that gotta be it , see they don't really check your blood like that at my clinic ? Is that test something you gotta specifically request tho ? And yea bro fr it's crazy if I take my dose all at once I'll be sleeping in 45 mins if i sit down lol now if im moving up working i dont but im not motivated and tired af but if i sit down ill nod dropping cigs and shit its crazy but didnt do that so much until we got laid off for winter and i started sitting on my ass . Bro I literally have like 4 bottles of 50mg left over from this week's take homes

Doctor always told me to drop 10% a week or 2 and when you get down to 1/3rd of your original dose cut it to 5% drops

Seems like your opioid receptors might have recovered from the extreme desensitization/tolerance from your fentanyl use. That, and that you're experiencing the typical effects of methadone build up/accumulation.

It's funny, years ago I was on 380mg a day of methadone (usually 240mg in the morning and 140mg in the evening), and while I usually did feel sleepy enough to take a nap about 6-8 hours after taking my morning 240mg, the 140mg in the evening didn't seem like enough because each morning I would wake up in mild withdrawal (feeling cold, yawning, watery eyes, general discomfort). As soon as I woke up I took my 24 pills (I had the 10mg tablets), nearly choking each time because i would eat them by the handful and they are very crumbly, and then I would sit around in a chair with a blanket feeling uncomfortable until around 90 minutes later when I'd start to warm up and begin to feel better. But it's crazy I was taking 380mg of methadone a day and still waking up in withdrawal.

Sometimes I miss those mid-day methadone naps. I've never been a person who could take a nap (even as kid -- I remember in preschool during "nap time" I'd just lie there wide awake). I also miss how enjoyable food was when I was on methadone -- food just tasted better and was more enjoyable (it's like I could appreciate it better). Interesting, the opioid antagonist naltrexone is used to treat overeating, since blocking opioid receptors makes food less enjoyable.

I've neve4 been able to sleep well since I was kid nor enjoyed eating, which is probably why I wound up on a massive dose of methadone. Seems like I naturally have an under active opioid system. What's weird is that I remember sometimea feeling symptoms resembling opioid withdrawal when I was a kid, long before I ever fucked with them.
The way you say , your opioid receptors may have recovered sounds refreshing AF bro hahahaha 🤣 seriously!!!! Because really before I started fyntinol even when I was prescribed massive amounts of percs and Opana after my car crash I still had a really low tolerance for shit id get really fucked up off not a lot it took me a long time to build up to where I was Id say 7 years tbe lol

I never felt any sickness until i got down to 20mg and then it was mild. Just go slow

And yea man 380 that just sounds nutty in my case that is the way it's working for me but are the pills different than the liquid I'm on the liquid? And were u getting the m box methodone pills malinkrodt

Dam man crazy for sure yea you def have under active or fast metabolism something. Are you clean or on something still?

I never felt any sickness until i got down to 20mg and then it was mild. Just go slow
Hell yea thanks girl I ld say that's probably gonna be the same with me since I'm still nodding sometimes off a dose of 75 lol after a 25 or 50 in the morning and a workout so prob 100 or 125 total by end of day

And yea man 380 that just sounds nutty in my case that is the way it's working for me but are the pills different than the liquid I'm on the liquid? And were u getting the m box methodone pills malinkrodt
They were "methadose" branded 10mg pills.

I was on liquid other times and it felt similar. But yeah I just had a crazy tolerance.

I once took over 900mg of methadone in a single dose. I felt asleep face down in a bowl of cereal a few hours later, only woke up when I started choking on it 🤣

Yeah I managed to get off all of it. I use opioids sometimes but nothing serious and only occasionally. I'll never be clean 100%, but I don't plan on being hooked on narcotics ever again, unless I have cancer or some shit.

They were "methadose" branded 10mg pills.

I was on liquid other times and it felt similar. But yeah I just had a crazy tolerance.

I once took over 900mg of methadone in a single dose. I felt asleep face down in a bowl of cereal a few hours later, only woke up when I started choking on it 🤣

Yeah I managed to get off all of it. I use opioids sometimes but nothing serious and only occasionally. I'll never be clean 100%, but I don't plan on being hooked on narcotics ever again, unless I have cancer or some shit.
That's to funny bro hahaha so did u ever get on the Fetty or did you not get to that shit?