• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AET (Alpha-ethyltryptamine)

Invalid Usename said:
So basically, what you are saying is that part of your experience is the result of a placebo effect. And that if we all buy into it, we'll all see that "something extra?"

Nope, you actually inverted what I said. I said that these chemicals are genuinely as unique (even if a few are actually bad in my subjective opinion) as the more well-known psychedelics, but many people don't treat them with respect because they do not have the glamour that surrounds the other psychedelics, resulting in a less-than-impressive trip for them.

Jamshyd said:
Nope, you actually inverted what I said. I said that these chemicals are genuinely as unique (even if a few are actually bad in my subjective opinion) as the more well-known psychedelics, but many people don't treat them with respect because they do not have the glamour that surrounds the other psychedelics, resulting in a less-than-impressive trip for them.

That's cool.

But just so you are aware, I've never cared either way what a compound's legal status. I'm interested in its neurochemical effects, and "glamour" at this level is totally meaningless. All compounds require a profound sense of respect, or else you could very well find that others are paying their last respects. This is why children should stay away from such compounds. :\

I'm pretty much in agreement with PlunX regarding the physicological issues involved with many of these compounds. At the same time, I would be most interested to see someone radio tag 5-MEO-DiPT, and determine where it is neurologically active. The auditory distortions which it produces are extremely interesting.

But as far as some of the reports I've heard such as "seeing God" on 2C-T-21... I'm certain they are more the result of wishful hoping. 8)

Last edited:
Invalid Usename said:

Anyway, none of the research chems that I have tried have I found to have much emotional stimulation to them. And I've found this to be the case with many Schedule I substances as well. It depends on what you are looking for. But in my experience, the RC's that I've tried alter visual perception, but do not impact the emotional sphere.

Personally, I have had some very profound mental and emotional expereinces when working with RCs.

I did LSD literally hundreds of times in my teenage years (good stuff too, not the bunk that's around now). Very intense lifetime expereinces to say the least. However, I have only tried miprocin (4-HO-MiPT) four times. The last time I had it a few weeks back (at 20mg) was probably one of the most mentally and emotionally profound experiences of my life. There is nothing NOT emotional about a moderate-high dose miprocin trip.

Some compounds such as 2ct2, I personally don't find emotional, but it is still enjoyable because of the visual character. However, other people do seem to find a more mental and emotional character with this compound.

I've only tried 2ci a couple of times (maybe two), but I find I have great empathy for others when I've worked with this compound.

And how about 2ce? I've only had one high dose (20mg) experience, but damn. It was a heavy and intense experience that was very 'productive', but I am in no hurry to repeat. Some day I will try it again, but no hurry.

Although some of these compounds have similarities, they are all more unique than they are alike in my experience.

I see so many comments about people 'finding RCs empty' or 'shitty'. Maybe we need to quit looking at them as replacements for other compounds that we like better? They are all unique and are not meant to replace other compounds. Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I like miprocin better than psilocybin, but they could never replace one another.

Although ALL of my expereinces with various RCs were not what I would have wanted them to be, overall, I have found them very rewarding to work with. I have no regrets. Even the less 'complete' compounds have their place in my opinion.

-gp

This thread is about AET, not about if "RC's" miss or do not miss a certain aspect of the psychedelic experience.. I'd like to see more info regarding AET.

Invalid Usename said:
But as far as some of the reports I've heard such as "seeing God" on 2C-T-21... I'm certain they are more the result of wishful hoping. 8)

Never tried 2C-T-21, but I've had classic +4s with DPT, DiPT, iprocin, 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-T-7.

So I assume my experiences did not actually happen? I must have been confused, and it was really just wishful thinking? I just can't stand it when people take their experience and assume it works that way for everyone. That's the hallmark of a truly closed mind.

Is it really impossible for you to believe others actually find the psychedelic research chemicals truly valuable?

To lay my opinion down, I find research chemicals very useful. However, in the end, I believe much more in completely organic substances, and traditional use. I just find it much more "meant to be" that way. However, I am not against synthetics/semi-synthetics. I have had completely amazing experiences on 2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-D, Iprocin, Miprocin, 4-AcO-MiPT, MDA, Methylone, Ketamine, and DXM. A few of those were ++++ experiences. I had one on 2C-I, a little flirting with it on Iprocin, a definite on 2C-E, but only for a moment, then it was gone, and another definite on 4-AcO-MiPT. They have been very valuable to me. If you even believe in God, as I do, He created chemistry. His perfection is beautiful to me. To me, extracting chemicals and changing the chemistry of them can take away from the spirituality of the tradition, but it doesn't take away from the spirituality of the experience.

Just wanted to say that 2C's and the other RCs are all organic substances and that the "natural vs synthetic" argument makes no sense since everything that can exists in our universe *is* natural. As such the differences you're claming to find between these two subjective man made categories are largely due to expectation and are largely ideological in their origin (ie the belief of a qualitative difference between naturally occuring compounds vs synthetics). Since you're expecting to find this difference, it's no wonder that you have actually experienced it with psychedelics. That's the very nature of the psychedelic compounds and of the psychedelic experience in the 1st place !

Plants are chemicals. Just complex mixtures of them. For that matter, I too am chemicals, just a complex mixture of them. All of this is Divine, as are individual chemicals.

All of which as little to with AET. Sorry, but I've just never seen that one around and don't know if I ever will.

Last edited:
^^^^^

As far as I am concerned...I have no beliefs (nor did I ever) that psychedelics isolated from plants are better than ones made in a lab. But with what I've tried...natural ones like DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, mushrooms, etc do feel much better than the synthetics. But I don't think that they are better just because they occur in plants. MDA, a lab creation, is my all time favorite though.

morninggloryseed said:
Never tried 2C-T-21, but I've had classic +4s with DPT, DiPT, iprocin, 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-T-7.

So I assume my experiences did not actually happen? I must have been confused, and it was really just wishful thinking? I just can't stand it when people take their experience and assume it works that way for everyone. That's the hallmark of a truly closed mind.

Is it really impossible for you to believe others actually find the psychedelic research chemicals truly valuable?
I never said that they weren't valuable. I said that people claiming that they were a substitute for other drugs such as MDMA is wishful thinking.

That is the only point that I am trying to make.

Regarding 2C-T-21, I have tried it about 10 times in varying dosages. And the conclusion that I've come to is that it only produces visual distortions.

For example, my intention here is not to compare 2C-T-21 to LSD, but to describe a contrast. Given a large enough dose of LSD, there would be no way that I could simply walk away from the experience and say that it was solely visual. It would be like denying that you've just taken a rollacoaster ride. LSD is not my person drug of choice, but I think that it illustrates what I am pointing out here.

Anyway, we've been asked to not discuss RC's in this thread any further. So this will be my last post regarding the subject in the thread.

Honestly, from what I've heard, AET sounds like it would pale in comparison to AMT. The few things that I've heard say that AET is shorter, slightly more euphoric, and even less visual than AMT, not to mention MUCH higher dose.

If it was still legal in this day and age, it would certainly be yet another thing for the greedy companies to build their empire off of.

Furthermore, I remember reading something about agranulocytosis being associated with AET usage. Hence the reason it left the market as an antidepressant.

^^^
Erowid has a copy of the DEA Federal Register entry on it (Citation: 58 FR 4370), which mentions that Upjohn took it off of the market for that reason:

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/law/federal_register/58.FR.4370.shtml

Date="01/14/93"
Citation="58 FR 4370"
Group="legal"
Type="PROPOSED RULE"
Department="DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE"
Agency="DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION, JUSTICE"
Subject="Schedules of Controlled Substances Temporary Placement of Alpha-ethyltryptamine Into Schedule I"

Excerpt:

"Alpha-ethyltryptamine acetate was marketed by the Upjohn Company in 1961 as an antidepressant under the trade name of Monase. After less than one year of marketing, Upjohn withdrew its New Drug Application when it became apparent that Monase administration was associated with the development of agranulocytosis..."

I wasn't able to find any medical references citing an association to agranulocytosis, though.

MagickalKat777 said:
Honestly, from what I've heard, AET sounds like it would pale in comparison to AMT. The few things that I've heard say that AET is shorter, slightly more euphoric, ...

... But aren't these advantages? lol.

What would be a very interesting read, would be all of Upjohn's documentation done while they were in the process of pursing an NDA for AET. The amount of clinical information and studies that have to be performed during the NDA procedure is incredible. I'm guessing that even just one year into the process of the NDA, they probably had a great deal of documented research that would no doubt be very interesting if nothing else.

Since the NDA was withdrawn, I'm guessing this documentation would still be the private property of Upjohn, no???

-gp

MagickalKat777 said:
Honestly, from what I've heard, AET sounds like it would pale in comparison to AMT. The few things that I've heard say that AET is shorter, slightly more euphoric, and even less visual than AMT, not to mention MUCH higher dose.

Nobody's interested in how AET comapres to AMT re: classical psychedelic FX. what we're interested in here is how it compares on an entactogenic basis in re: say to MDMA..

So AET vs MDMA, from everything i've read about this so far, that would be an interesting comparision !

I too am very interested in the comparison between MDMA and alpha-ET. I personally doubt alpha-ET would substitute for MDMA at all, but I don't doubt it has effects that do resemble the MDMA state. At least from the reports I have read. Also, it did substitute for MDMA in animal discriminatory tests, as shown in a study also involving a positional isomer of DOM.

Indeed, I noted some of this "tryptamine induced MDMA state" with DiPT. During the comeup, I entered a place for perhaps twenty minutes where the bodyfeeling and empathy I experienced reminded me very much of MDMA. I was in a sort of spiritual bliss and it was very beautiful. This phase only lasted a short while before the nature of the experience changed and was much more akin to that of the other psychedelic tryptamines.

It seems there is some of this as well with 5-MeO-DiPT, though I didn't experience it myself when I tried it. Also said to occur with alpha-MT, 5-MeO-AET, and alpha-O-DMS. I've not yet tried those alphamethylated tryptamines so no experience there. To be honest, I don't plan on ever trying any but 5-MeO-AET. So I will probably never know.

Sadly, I don't think anyone who has experience with alpha-ET seems to post in this forum. It is fairly rare, so I don't see that changing.

georgiapoppy said:
What would be a very interesting read, would be all of Upjohn's documentation done while they were in the process of pursing an NDA for AET. The amount of clinical information and studies that have to be performed during the NDA procedure is incredible. I'm guessing that even just one year into the process of the NDA, they probably had a great deal of documented research that would no doubt be very interesting if nothing else.

Since the NDA was withdrawn, I'm guessing this documentation would still be the private property of Upjohn, no???

-gp
Actually, from everything I've read, Monase was actually marketed by Upjohn. Therefore, at the time it has already passed evalution by the FDA and was approved. Meaning that Monase made it far past the NDA (New Drug Application) process. That being the case, the studies used to justify FDA approval are public documents.

It doesn't matter that the drug was taken off of the market, and later rescheduled. The fact that the FDA held these studies, and approved the application, makes them available for public review.

gloggawogga said:
Plants are chemicals. Just complex mixtures of them. For that matter, I too am chemicals, just a complex mixture of them. All of this is Divine, as are individual chemicals.

That is exactly why I believe there is a balance of chemicals in nature that are meant to be that way. The mixture creates a more "full" feeling or experience. However, I do agree that individual chemcials are divine as well. I just find it beautiful and utterly amazing that a plant has such a complex chemical stucture within it.

Keret, if you want to get that technical about it, you are correct. However, a psychedelic experience, for me, is not just ingesting the compound. I find just as much spirituality in going out and picking mushrooms as I do eating them. If I were to make a Peyote or San Pedro brew, I would have a much better experience than I would from a capsule full of Mescaline, both because of the multi-chemical cacti, and because it is coming from a once living plant material, not powder in a capsule. The meer image of things creates part of the experience. Our psychological/spiritual world is just as "real" to us as our phsycial world.

Last edited: