• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Advice on if I I can handle marijuana

eatsapizzaboy

Greenlighter
Hello, I've had 2 experiences with marijuana in my life. I tried to smoke it twice, but I had gotten it from some unknown source. I had horrible horrible horrific panic attacks, especially the first time I did it, and it was also quite bad the second time. The panic attacks were like extreme deja vu and wondering if every thought I had would come to pass, and I had weird thoughts. Anyways, I suffer from some pretty bad anxiety and was just wondering if I am capable of using marijuana to help with the anxiety. Yes, it would be nice to get a little high, but I just want something mostly help with the anxiety. Do you think the pot I had gotten when I had the bad experiences was high THC possibly and that's why it happened? Is there a strain that would be higher concentration of CBD to THC ratio that wouldn't produce the same results? Or am I just doomed to not be able to smoke pot? How about edibles? I need some honest advice about this from someone who may have anxiety like I do. Thanks.

anxiety is not uncommon but still people get it in varying degrees and forms, it is possible that you won't be able to get reliable anxiety relief effect ever of THC, at best just every now and then with tolerance. Or maybe you find out how to make it work just good.
But I would not try too hard and accept it as what it is or not bothering if it does not do what you want, it just increases anxiety if you are resisting anxiety, if you know what I mean.
I would start with CBD bud and then mix with some THC bud in good set & setting.

. I tried to smoke it twice, but I had gotten it from some unknown source.
We're both times from the same source?
If so I would suspect contamination/spiking.
I mean cannabinoid psychoses are one thing, but to reverse it's sedative effects seems another.

We're both times from the same source?
If so I would suspect contamination/spiking.
I mean cannabinoid psychoses are one thing, but to reverse it's sedative effects seems another.
Both times were from the same source. But friend I smoked it with was fine. But he was also not a beginner to smoking.

What other psychedelics do you have experience with?

If I were you, I would tough it out and try again a few more times. If you try getting high five times and keep getting paranoid every single time, it means that you basically don't like marijuana.

Do you think that might be the case?

It's more of a reflective tool than anxiolytic, meaning it can help you process emotions rather than blunting them out. That's why you're getting panic attacks. You're getting overwhelmed by ordinary thoughts and emotions being amplified and twisted. My suggestion is to try lower doses. Getting a panic attack is a very common symptom of too much weed, and it doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

When people say weed helps them relax, what they really mean is it helps them ponder and reflect in their minds and they're comfortable with this (likely because of an already introvert nature).

What other psychedelics do you have experience with?

If I were you, I would tough it out and try again a few more times. If you try getting high five times and keep getting paranoid every single time, it means that you basically don't like marijuana.

Do you think that might be the case?
I have not tried other psychedelics. I will definitely try a lower dose if I decide to try again.

yea just take 1 rip next time - see how that goes

but yea idk if you're in a legal rec state or what - but if you go to the store, they should carry those high cbd low thc strains that might work for you better - but again even when you do find those, just take 1 rip and see how that works

some good advice from everyone in here , try less for sure a low tolerance is a good thing! same with drinking means costs you less

Some people just don't react well to cannabis. I smoke all day, buy if my wife takes a single hit, she gets dizzy, anxious, and feels sick. We used to use hard drugs together too, so it's not like she's a "lightweight" either.

She dosed a single milligram of THC and could barely walk or stay awake. It completely ruined her night.

It sounds like cannabis ain't for you.

My parents had a block of hash in the booze cupboard when I was preteen so I was quite surprised when I shared a joint of skunk with her and she denied feeling anything.
Then she stood up...crabwalked a few steps, then toppled onto the record player.
(Trashing a Nancy Sinatra record iirc. So no harm done really)

You're new to it, so your experiences are going to be wildly intense with it, it's only natural given the climate of ridiculously potent weed these days.
The more you do it, the more tolerance you'll build and the better time you'll have. But what you should really focus on doing is just smoking tiny amounts, I mean, so tiny you can barely see yourself exhale any smoke. Also look into magnesium (glycinate is good). A lot of people who were stoners for years suddenly get anxiety, and many have found magnesium a few hours before smoking helps a lot. I don't know that it'd help you though given you're new to it.

I highly doubt any spiking occurred, that's extremely rare with weed. As for your gummy, what was the exact percentage of CBD and THC? I know edible CBD has a pathetic bioavailability of around 10-15%, you basically have to vape or smoke CBD weed to get the fullest effect. It does cancel out a lot of the psychoactivity of THC but at a ratio like that I'd think you wouldn't even feel high, just relaxed from CBD. The ratio was probably so ridiculous due to the fact that the bioavailability is so low anyway.

Be careful with edibles anyway, THC gets converted into 11-hydroxy and is much, much more potent and is more like a psychedelic at that rate. I know people who can eat 2.5mg and get smacked all day, I also know people who can eat 300mg and not feel a thing. This was me for awhile when I used to smoke a lot, now 15mg gets me pretty damn stoned but 25mg is where I get smacked. If I ate 300mg now I'd be tripping balls and probably high for a week. One friend I know ate literally less than 1mg and he was so high he spent hours throwing up and has turned down even puffing weed ever since this incident, I couldn't believe that little got him high. Well, he has puffed weed, but it's always when he's near blackout drunk. I've told him he's smoked while drunk before and he's like no way, no I didn't lol.

Anyway, I wouldn't take these experiences as anything to turn away from it, you didn't really say how much you smoked. When I was new, I faced a joint of medical and it fucked me up in a way that THC genuinely shouldn't, but I was also 17 with an underdeveloped brain. It was a full blown psychotic episode for sure, I was hallucinating and everything, and I have no history of schizophrenia or anything like that. Hell I've tripped on psychedelics at least 1,000 times in the last 12 years and nothing bad ever came of it, especially 100 or so DMT trips I've had since the beginning of March alone.

How old are you, anyway? Because that definitely does matter, people are recommending not to smoke until you're 25 now because that's when your brain is finishing up development. I can't say if I started 1 year later if I would've been better off, maybe. I think by 18 most of it's developed, but still. My issue was smoking way too much of it as a complete noob during a time when strong medical weed was exploding. The first time I smoked it was mids and I had a great time. After that once I got the chronic, I was just facing joints when it was not necessary at all to get that high.

Anyway, whether you have a joint or a bowl, just puff it once and put it down, wait 20 minutes and then decide if you want more. There is a curve when it comes to getting used to it, I know lots of people that take a T-break, come back and try to smoke like they did and they end up freaking out too, shit is just so strong these days. 20% used to be high THC, now it's like, average. I've smoked on stuff between 32 and 38% this year and the shit smacked me so hard it was like I'd taken edibles and ended up waking up high the next morning, off half a blunt.

I really wish I liked weed. I envy my friends who smoke weed and don’t drink alcohol or drink in moderation.

When I get stoned I get anxious and pound 6 beers to calm myself down. I can only tolerate weed if I’m drunk.

The weed/booze combo can occasionally lead to spins so I usually avoid it.

I feel like theres a period with weed where you have to "smoke through" the paranoia for a few days until you gain a bit of a tolerance, then you can smoke a bit and feel relaxed instead of on edge pacing around. Every time I come back to weed from a break the first hit especially is kind of unpleasant but after smoking a few times Im right back to enjoying it. Good weed without a tolerance is intense almost psychedelic its crazy.

Nice comment. Sweet. 🍬:weedleaf:
I feel like theres a period with weed where you have to "smoke through" the paranoia for a few days until you gain a bit of a tolerance, then you can smoke a bit and feel relaxed instead of on edge pacing around. Every time I come back to weed from a break the first hit especially is kind of unpleasant but after smoking a few times Im right back to enjoying it. Good weed without a tolerance is intense almost psychedelic its crazy.

1rjz4VW.jpg

Or it's like taking three 800mg's of ibuprofen without the ill effects.