• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on dilaudid use with zero opiate/opioid tolerance

I’m a long time experience drug user so don’t worry I know the risks very well and am always responsible. Got naloxone on hand. Recommended IV or IM dose for zero tolerance? I’ll think about it for a while but wanna make sure I know what dose is safe first regardless.

Also if anyone has harm reduction tips or tips in general for an IV/IM virgin, from experienced slammers, would be helpful 🙃

Dilaudid tablets are original formula apparently …which are “Hypodermic Tablets” ment to be crushed into powder, dissolved in sterile water and administer via IV/IM/SC injection.

Hydromorph Contin and other XR Hydromorphone formulations are NOT ment to be injected and can be very dangerous. I myself was banging IV HM Contin capsules / crushed beads and had to go to the hospital with chest pains. They told me I had endocarditis (inflammation of the sack that lines/protects the heart). They asked me if I was injecting drugs, which I lied and said no.

I also read an article about Hydromorphone capsules causing an alarming rise in Endocarditis cases by IV users abusing Hydromorph Contin in Canada , after OxyContin was removed from market for new formula OP

If you google vintage Dilaudid bottle pics it will say “Hypodermic Tablets” on bottle label, which is meant for injection, and the formula has never changed since the 30’s apparently

It’s a shame this water soluble potent opioid narcotic analgesic has piss-poor oral bioavailability and is best when administered IV injection. Pure powder for injection Dilaudid HP Fort (100mg/per ml) would be a gift from the gods, second only to Swiss manufactured Diacetylmorphine HCL pure powder, which Id love an unlimited lifetime supply of

Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals website has listed on their product page, Pure Powder of:
Cocaine hcl
Dextro-amphetamine
Hydromorphone
Methadone
Methylphenidate
Oxycodone

Imagine entering the factory at 4am with highest ranking individual with unlimited security access and walking away with sealed containers of raw pure powder of each substance, to last you 3 lifetimes of heavy daily usage lol. Jesus I’m sick lol…fantasizing about that is like an erotic dream for me :)

Last edited:
Even snorted, 2-4 mg should provide something if you have zero tolerance.
This post is kinda old but I hope op didn't go through with this. Iv Dilaudid took me from an opioid habbit to a full blown addiction.

Dilaudid 2mg (oral) = Morphine 10mg (oral)

IV Dilaudid 2mg is more than adequate ….oral is a shame (roughly 70% of oral dose is destroyed by the liver)

When starting out at pain management clinic I was started out at 6mg XR & 2mg IR: (which is decent for a 240lbs / 6” man) was taking 2 TEC / Perc Oxy 5mg daily before going to pain clinic

Hydromorph Contin 6mg capsule (hot pink) XR
Dilaudid 2mg tablet IR

Once in morning, and another after dinner.

Last edited:
where they have the Opioid Vending Machines that dispense Hydromorphone Pills for Heavy IV Addicts as way to Reduce Harm and Crime since the Addict can easily dissolve and IV

Fucking hell, I'll be back on opioids if we had those in the UK, thats not a good idea for ex heroin addicts to have around town lol

So a few years back I got my hands on some dilaudid, snorted them in various doses and never got even the slightest effect. Fast forward to recently, same situation. Got my hands on some, snorted 2mg, no effect. Snorted 4mg a few hours later and still zero effect. I have rarely done opiates throughout my life so my tolerance is at absolute baseline. I had considered slamming them but again I have no tolerance and I know hydromorphone is considered one of the more potent opioids, so wasn’t sure how safe it would be. Has anyone else experienced this? I know hydromorphone has screwy bioavailability, but seems folks say intranasal works fine… I still have 14mg left in total and really don’t wanna waste them all again like last time.
Thanks! 🧛🏻‍♀️🦇

Eatings okay, 2mg if you must slam.

Turned me into a opiate / hydromorphone addict next decade greatest rush ive ever had ughh

So a few years back I got my hands on some dilaudid, snorted them in various doses and never got even the slightest effect. Fast forward to recently, same situation. Got my hands on some, snorted 2mg, no effect. Snorted 4mg a few hours later and still zero effect. I have rarely done opiates throughout my life so my tolerance is at absolute baseline. I had considered slamming them but again I have no tolerance and I know hydromorphone is considered one of the more potent opioids, so wasn’t sure how safe it would be. Has anyone else experienced this? I know hydromorphone has screwy bioavailability, but seems folks say intranasal works fine… I still have 14mg left in total and really don’t wanna waste them all again like last time.
Thanks! 🧛🏻‍♀️🦇
20-21 years ago, I was an opioid virgin, with several 8mg hydromorphone tablets. I discovered my love for opioids 2mg at a time, every 3 or 4 hours until they made me too manic to stay indoors, then 1 or 2mg lorazepam + a manic skateboard around town would usually get me ready for bed.
Of course I can't in good conscience neglect to tell you just how bad my legs hurt upon running out after a month or 3 of this.

Iv 2,3, or 4mg at a time that all you need and it's a safe amount. Take that from someone who started opioids that way getting the 4mg Dilly's for the stupid low and only doing one pill s week, to one a day, to an eventual fent habit but I only sniff now because I'm scared of needles and have only had D's shot up because of the bioavailability and the wonderful high association of them.

If you're snorting that much dilaudid and not getting any effect its probably not dilaudid. My first round of opioid addiction was from snorting 4-12mg a day. By the time I kicked cold turkey I went through a full and extremely painful withdrawal. When I started shooting them 1-2mg would have me leaning on the bathroom wall for support. I've had the instant release shake n' shoots, hydromorphcontin in every dose from 3 to 30mg and pure hospital grade ampules. I find it both more euphoric and powerful than heroin, oxy, fentanyl or morphine. Heroin and morphine came the closest. Dilaudid isn't a starter drug for opioids. You should have experience with lower potency opioids before giving this a try. If it is real then 90% of people puke uncontrollably their first time, same as with heroin. If you ease into it you'll enjoy yourself more and be less likely to OD. I've never had hydromorphone that wasn't effective when it was snorted and more effective when IV'ed. I've seen a lot of people do a lot of opioids but last time I saw someone snort 12mg of dilaudid he spent the next hour vomiting. I'm not sure what you have but it doesn't sound like dilaudid to me and if you do decide to use actual dilaudid bear in mind that mg for mg it is much stronger than morphine and heroin, especially if the h has been cut (it all has). I found that 1mg of dilaudid was about equal to 10mg of morphine. Probably my favourite substance. Incredibly addictive and dangerous to anyone without a tolerance. I almost OD'ed my first time off of just a couple mg insufflated. I was told it was regular morphine.

I'm sure others have said this but this is a really bad idea lol!

For an opiate "virgin" dilauded is very strong. Many have needed narcan for the same situation. It would not be good to pass out and no one around you to deliver the narcan so at least have a friend or someone you trust to be around you when you do it? I think dilauded would be ok to take for someone with mild tolerance but honestly a couple of days of kratom or some experience with oxy days prior would help.. but I don't recommend doing other drugs either to gain tolerance for one stronger one.

Just be rly cautious and not administer more if it feels really really good or the high dies down later in the day. Just better to wait for the next day or a long time after before redosing again. Opioids can kill you and thats a mistake so commonly forgotten.

Not sure if this should be in a new post but I was thinking of IVing hydromorphone 2mg generic pills. I know iv pills are not a good idea. Never IVd in my life . Do you think I'd OD or puke? And I'm new to any IV or drug abuse. What gauge needle for an average guy? Thinking about getting wheel filter. Any tips?

Do you have any past opioid experience or tolerance?

Also, don't take this the wrong way but if you haven't IVd its best you don't my brother. The risk of addiction and OD outweigh the short immediate pleasures in the long run. Im not trying to be a dick or tell you what to do, just trying to give humble advice. Insufflate is the farthest id go one if someone's got experience and tolerance. And thats already pushing it and asking for it.

Thanks! 🧛🏻‍♀️🦇
If you’re to scared to slam it then I suggest IM injection. Hits within about 2-3 minutes.

Not sure if this should be in a new post but I was thinking of IVing hydromorphone 2mg generic pills. I know iv pills are not a good idea. Never IVd in my life . Do you think I'd OD or puke? And I'm new to any IV or drug abuse. What gauge needle for an average guy? Thinking about getting wheel filter. Any tips?
My advice…DONT GET STARTED ON THAT ROA! It’s a slippery slope that WILL lead to a nasty addition problem.