• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on dilaudid use with zero opiate/opioid tolerance

KremKrocInc

Greenlighter
So a few years back I got my hands on some dilaudid, snorted them in various doses and never got even the slightest effect. Fast forward to recently, same situation. Got my hands on some, snorted 2mg, no effect. Snorted 4mg a few hours later and still zero effect. I have rarely done opiates throughout my life so my tolerance is at absolute baseline. I had considered slamming them but again I have no tolerance and I know hydromorphone is considered one of the more potent opioids, so wasn’t sure how safe it would be. Has anyone else experienced this? I know hydromorphone has screwy bioavailability, but seems folks say intranasal works fine… I still have 14mg left in total and really don’t wanna waste them all again like last time.
Thanks! 🧛🏻‍♀️🦇

Have you tried simply eating them, or taking sublingually?
I have heard shooting them is good but I'm sure there is multiple other ways you can get something out of them with little tolerance.
Stay safe!

Hydromorphone has been a super opiate for me; I get it at the hospital 2-3 times yearly. Of course this is IV Dilaudid, and I’ve never tried snorting it.

I did try snorting a Percocet years ago, and fuck all, compared to swallowing it. Now I take pharmacy grade Oxy and I’m not about to waste that up my nose.

Swallow next time (that’s what he said!)

Have you tried simply eating them, or taking sublingually?
I have heard shooting them is good but I'm sure there is multiple other ways you can get something out of them with little tolerance.
Stay safe!
Never considered sublingual, thanks! And ya I was set on just shooting them before I got them to not waste them like last time but can’t seem to find much harm reduction info on shooting a more potent opioid like dilaudid with zero tolerance.
Thanks for your reply! I’ll give sublingual a shot! ☺️

Hydromorphone has been a super opiate for me; I get it at the hospital 2-3 times yearly. Of course this is IV Dilaudid, and I’ve never tried snorting it.

I did try snorting a Percocet years ago, and fuck all, compared to swallowing it. Now I take pharmacy grade Oxy and I’m not about to waste that up my nose.

Swallow next time (that’s what he said!)
I’d imagine it’d require higher dosing swallowed to get high, no? From what I’ve read it’s bioavailability orally is pretty low…?

Yeah I'd also say don't plug. Also I wouldn't shoot unless you're with someone with experience who can show you how to do it right (you're not saying if you've IV'd before) and who for preference has some Narcan because you can OD on the stuff quicker than you think. I'd just go with simply taking them orally to start off and remember they'll take up to half and hour to take effect, so don't do what I once did like an idiot which is after 10 mins go 'oh this is doing fuck all' and eat three more XD

I also think sublingual ROA would be smartest thing to do.
Edit: Nevermind that. Sublingual is a little less effective than snorting.

Yeah the inactive ingredients are a problem because they're not designed to go into your bloodstream.
I've shot Dilaudids a couple times but is a risky business and the Wizard is right ; very much NOT recommended.

Yeah the inactive ingredients are a problem because they're not designed to go into your bloodstream.
I've shot Dilaudids a couple times but is a risky business and the Wizard is right ; very much NOT recommended.
Wasn't Dilaudids in pill form designed to be dissolved and IV'd? I'm not trying to encourage or persuade OP to choose this ROA. Im only trying to clarify this Since in Canada, where they have the Opioid Vending Machines that dispense Hydromorphone Pills for Heavy IV Addicts as way to Reduce Harm and Crime since the Addict can easily dissolve and IV like they normally do.
AGAIN I'm not suggesting OP try this ROA since I may have Great liability for addiction.

Here's the entire article:

And this is the specific part they mention it:

On a typical morning outside the Molson, a handful of Sutherland’s patients will gather by a side door in the alley, buzzing the doorbell until it’s time to be let in. When the doors open, they take their seats at the metal tables inside and wait for one of the nurses to bring them a clean syringe, preloaded with liquid hydromorphone. Patients who opt, instead, for hydromorphone tablets, which are far less expensive than the liquid stuff, get a syringe and a premade slurry of ground-up pills, served in a sterile cooker.

In general medications intended for injection will be in a liquid solution.
Tablets are meant to be taken orally. There is an oral hydromorphone solution which may also be injected.
The problem with injecting crushed - up tablets is that this introduces particulate matter into the bloodstream which can irritate the lining of veins and even block small capillaries.

Last edited:
Oral hydromorphone has low bioavailability, I believe snorting is higher. But sublingual has good BA. Even so, it's odd that you have gotten zero effects considering you have no tolerance or past experience. Very unusual, are you 100% sure the pills aren't fakes?

And for last
In general medications intended for injection will be in a liquid solution.
Tablets are meant to be taken orally. There is an oral hydromorphone solution which may also be injected.
The problem with injecting crushed - up tablets is that this introduces particulate matter into the bloodstream which can irritate the lining of veins and even block small capillaries.

In general, yes, pills aren't designed to be IV'd. I will agree on that and won't debate it since its very risky for said reasons. Though Dilaudids in pill form (some of them, though you would have do your research to verify which Manfacturers produce them for This reason) are intended to be IV'd. Its not like Oxy or Hydro that have many binders in them that were only intended for oral use.

sekio mentions it here.

here in BC there is this "safe supply" thing going on where opioid addicts get a whole bunch of 8mg dilaudids daily from a pharmacist (free). in addition to methadone or SR morphine. it crashed the market - 8mg dillies used to be the holy grail and would sell for $$$ but now you can't give them away...

anyway the 8mg ones they distribute are the ones that have just hydromorphone HCl, lactose, and a little magnesium stearate. you can dissolve 10 of them per mL water I'm told.

oral hydromorphone may have low BA but it is still absorbed. here in the hospital plenty of people with zero opioid tolerance are given 1mg oral hydromorphone and it seems to do the job. (however these are not chronic opioid addicts nor are they trying to get a nod on)
when I was in rehab they gave me hydromorph and I stuck it under my tongue - the "studies" seem to suggest it has ~30% BA sublingual but I felt it was more than that.

I can't suggest doing Dilaudid this way from experience because I've never done it and I'm only referencing from others on here and articles I've read in the past. Plus IV is just risky overall unless you have experience and know exactly what your doing. Even then there isn't 100% Guarantee.

With a moderate tolerance I need about 10mg insufflated or 24 - 30mg orally. but even when I had no tolerance I dont remember 2 - 4mg doing jack shit, no matter roa.

With a moderate tolerance I need about 10mg insufflated or 24 - 30mg orally. but even when I had no tolerance I dont remember 2 - 4mg doing jack shit, no matter roa.
Ya weird how so many people say 2-4 in the nose gets them loaded.

Just plugged 4mg, still no effect. I think slamming is my only other option. Is IM fine? Never IV’d don’t wanna spend an hour trying to nail a vein don’t even know how lol.