• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice for using Datura and similar plants

I have taken it but neither the summary in post #14 nor the above quote are mine. I only touched the delirium effects when I took a second dose a few hours after an initial low dose. Nothing too memorable. Slip into a dream state, e.g. I thought my Aunt was present in my apartment briefly (heard her voice from the other room) but then I snapped out of it. The only memorable hallucinations were mild 'electrical' CEVs and I saw some type of object appear on the floor, like a milk carton or something and it was partly faded like how dead bodied disapaear in some video games and when I reached down to touch it it went away. It was so faded to begin with though plus I didn't have my glasses on.

I enjoy deleriants. Maybe I'm weird.. Sekio's avatar is appropriate though, I think that was the real final word on the matter..

If you work that tek and make a paste, it's interesting to note that scopalamine can be absorbed transdermally while hyoscyamine and atropine cannot.
(Witch's ointment was applied to the calves, underarms, and genitals.)
The deleriant user base has also (generally) seemed to concede that, comparing pharmaceutical and pure compounds, scopalamine has a much gentler effect on the body than either atropine or hyoscyamine.
Finally, hyoscyamine (being reported as the most physically taxing of the three datura alkaloids) is generally found in only negligible amounts in bush daturas (like stramonium).

Oh, and I only ever took this drug out of curiosity and novelty. Interesting experiences aren't intrinsically pleasant.

Last edited:
I've used datura. Scariest experience of my life, hands down. I totally lost my mind.. It lasted 3 days and wiped out about a 6th of my childhood memories. It truly felt like dying. It causes brain damage. Please stay away from this plant. All you're doing is abusing your brain.

If you had an unpleasant experience, fine, report that here.

Do not, however, make serious claims without serious proof. It's unprofessional and reflects poorly on the validity on the information here.

Brain damage? I hear that shit tossed around all the time, attributed to every drug under the sun.. but come on! I used datura way more than I ought to have over the years. I'm also an elementary school teacher now, and I've always been an avid autodidact.

I have no brain damage, and I take offense to the spread of baseless propaganda.

Harm reduction is one thing, but I try to keep my personal opinion out of it.
Different strokes, folks.

I've used datura. Scariest experience of my life, hands down. I totally lost my mind.. It lasted 3 days and wiped out about a 6th of my childhood memories. It truly felt like dying. It causes brain damage. Please stay away from this plant. All you're doing is abusing your brain.

I'd love to hear you elaborate. You basically felt like you had been poisoned?

Very powerful plants with a long history in our folk-lore ....I am certain they merit the utmost respect and caution .

Witches' brews and " flying ointments " are fascinating reading .....
saddened somewhat to learn that very many people were horribly tortured and executed for their heretical " witchcraft " , by the good God-fearing folk of the day .

Just the name datura brings goose flesh to my brain.......I have met many people here in central Illinois that have done it......not one good story out of dozens.....stuff grows like wildfire here....they call it jimpson weed and thorn apple

Just the name datura brings goose flesh to my brain.......I have met many people here in central Illinois that have done it......not one good story out of dozens.....stuff grows like wildfire here....they call it jimpson weed and thorn apple

very interesting.

hmm, i should think about this again. the main active constituents in that plant (atropine, hyoscyamine, and scopoalamine) are each prescription medications. i have effectively used about 1/2 of a medium size leaf as an allergy remedy. i also experimented using standardized extracts in low doses as neutropics and the effects weren't unpleasant. from memory i want to say that at lower doses the peak effects only lasted a few hours. you should probably question this. other people report longer experiences at higher doses than the chemicals half-lives and my low dose experience suggest. i never consumed higher doses. diphenhydramine was bad enough. if any of you all consider higher doses you should think twice.

Well I ended up in a mental hospital. I remember them taking me into a general hospital and strapping me down. There was a horribly toxic, heavy body high that gave my entire body restless leg syndrome. My throat was drier than paper, and no matter how much I drank, it would stay so dry. I couldn't urinate at all, either. I have a few scattered memories of nothing making sense and having about a 2 second long span of memory. I could hardly walk, and certainly couldn't see for shit. First my vision started changing tinted colors, but every color was very ugly. Dull brown, baby barf green, rust-color, just the worst colors you can think of. Then, everything kind of turned into little spheres, as if each sphere was a pixel of color. It felt like my eyes were that of a fly's or something. I spent hours in the hospital bed and started freaking out because I had no idea what was going on, and my memory goes blank here. Then I remember them throwing me into a dark room with another person in it, who was sleeping. I spent the entire night thrashing around in my bed and staring at things for, well, who knows how long? It was a horrifying experience. I remember watching these giant people made of cement tromping around the room and trying to step on me, I remember the entire room turning into blue lines somehow, and there were some kind of giant scorpion-like bugs crawling around. At times, I couldn't tell if my eyes were closed or open. I threw up all over the floor. It was like being deleriously ill, but somehow hundreds of times worse because the world is like some shit straight out of akira.

There was actually a tribe who gave datura to their boys during a manhood ceremony in order to "make them forget what it was like to be a boy, and make it easier to learn to kill". This is because, yes, it can actually cause you to lose memories. Datura acts on the cholinergic system, the same system suspected to be responsible for alzheimers'. I've personally lost childhood memories from using datura. You don't have to take that as proof, I don't really care, but this was my experience.

ok so i think i have all my questions answered about datura. i'm not going to be using it anytime soon. i may try it in a highly controlled setting but it would be nothing more than a one time experiment.

personally i'll be sticking to classic psychedelics :)

I know people who took Datura but it was Brugmansia or tree datura, and they took it in an Ayahuasca ceremony where it was mixed in with the Ayahuasca, and they were in a country where it was legal to take it and taking part in an Ayahuasca ceremony.

I just found out my mums prescribed scopolamine patches for motion sickness actually :)

just legally buy belladonna and eat 1 berry, allergy test, and then a week later eat 5 with 2 friends.
Datura is quite harder to dose for beginners.
You wont remember a lot during your first trips, if at all.
Trip may last days.
Trip will actually damage your brain, thats just the way it works, because you need damaging dose to trip, if you are under that, you dont really trip balls, but it doesnt mean you become dumb right away, there are actually chemicals that are said to repair recent scopolamin damage, like nopept.

If you are about to die, let someone inject you muscarin.

You are welcome