Advice for mixing in a "super" club?

2 more days...im so psyched, come out if u wanna hear, it WILL be hot

im considering throwing demos into the audience just for fun (i love when dj's do that) ;)

ok, heres what you do:

put your hands up in the air and say:

'I'm Invisible'

thats all you gotta do, it works for 'the man' all the time, it will work for you

thank god....

Sinthetik said:
smile and enjoy the party.

cause that's all that it is.

:)

Just glad there's someone else out there who feels the same way. :-D

yo hydra ive been to space many times....the old one as well as the new...and i know that their monitors are very good ...they are right over your tables facing towards u.....ive seen them many times..ive been able to hear the monitors out in the patio where i once hung out in the booth jammin to Roland and the monitors sounded good so i would think that the monitors in the main room are better..and i dont know if they will change their mixer for u guys but they usually have the rane knob mixer...which is awesome for sum smooth flawless mixing. their booth has its own fuking bathroom!!! and yes its considered one of the best clubs in the world....i will be there for sure this weekend....and for sure im not drinking as much as i did last week that i had to leave early cuz i was soo fucked up. cant wait to hear ya win this thing!!!!! woOt!!!!!!

=D

and if you guys wanna hear him ....go to party931.com @ 12-3 for the broadcast worldwide.. how sweet is that hydra !!!! woooohoo!!!

oh yeah! they are broadcasting it on the internet! :) thanks trojan!

yeah, thats good, specially for us people on the other side of the country that cant exactly be there

My Advice:
You didn't get where you are because they don't like how you mix or what you mix. Just go out there and play another set. If it's the best, you'll win, if it's not, Your a fucking DJ, it's better than living in Liberia.

yo... Adam better fucking reprezent for the fucking masses!!!

Consider this your formal audtion for some club dates in the North East ;)

God damned right!

Anthems are like fucking Boy group music... they're NOT MUSIC.

They are Produce By Numbers bullshit and should be burned at on a pire!

DJ Focus said:
:\ ooohhh... look at me I'm too pure and cultured for anthems!!!!

hey will someone record hydra's mix? i won't be home to record it myself, but i really wanna hear it...

Sorry, I don't mean to start this thread off on a tangent, but since when did anthems become all crap.

There are anthems for one reason, they completely sum up a genre, and everyone who loves that genre gets the F down. I will not argue that some people write tracks for the express purpose of commercial success, but no one can honestly say they hate all anthems.

"American Pie" by Don McLean is an anthem, but it should not be burned on a pyre. I could name others, but you get the point.

My advice Hydra, play for your audience. If they want an anthem, give em a good one, but don't shy a way from what's good because of snobs.