• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Advice for MDMA dosing?

My point was that smell, any smell, is NO GUIDE to determining what is in your gear.

Likewise with the concept of tastes before and after.................NO Im sorry thats just not accurate at all. And it would concern me if someone read that and went away thinking they had a way of discerning "true mdma".

The only way to know what it is you have purchased is to use a test kit or have your drugs lab tested. If you have a pill then it can also be helpful to check out Pill Reports for a rough guide.
Ofc im aware of those things but i think that aniseed Smell might be some leftover byproduct from the sassafrass, it smells very distinctive AND organic. Also, mehmda tastes just bitter, all the magic mdma I've done has this very unique taste that Is sweet kinda like true cocaine has it's own unique organic taste. Uknowwhaimeannnnnnn, that doesn't mean Ppl shouldnt be tasting their drugs though.

My point was that smell, any smell, is NO GUIDE to determining what is in your gear.

Likewise with the concept of tastes before and after.................NO Im sorry thats just not accurate at all. And it would concern me if someone read that and went away thinking they had a way of discerning "true mdma".

The only way to know what it is you have purchased is to use a test kit or have your drugs lab tested. If you have a pill then it can also be helpful to check out Pill Reports for a rough guide.
Something that amuses me Is that even though some people in this thread are based in the UK, very close to the source AND they get shitty meh product. Whereas me, being from southamerica I've had consistently Been able to Score magic for a few years now. Last Time i encountered a meh pill was in 2017.

Something that amuses me Is that even though some people in this thread are based in the UK, very close to the source AND they get shitty meh product. Whereas me, being from southamerica I've had consistently Been able to Score magic for a few years now. Last Time i encountered a meh pill was in 2017.
It is sad but true. Apparently, the Dutch megalabs are cranking out the Meh product which is sleepy, does not dilate pupils at 100mg and requires higher doses to compensate. Some people wrote they used catalytic hydrogenation of MDP2P derived from PMK Glycidate.
What precursor they are using after the PMK Glycidate got banned ? - you tell me.

Yours is most likely manufactured locally with the more traditional methods and has the traditional effects.

It is sad but true. Apparently, the Dutch megalabs are cranking out the Meh product which is sleepy, does not dilate pupils at 100mg and requires higher doses to compensate. Some people wrote they used catalytic hydrogenation of MDP2P derived from PMK Glycidate.
What precursor they are using after the PMK Glycidate got banned ? - you tell me.

Yours is most likely manufactured locally with the more traditional methods and has the traditional effects.
Not at all, it comes from europe. We got partysquadNL presses here too AND they're magic.

Most of the mdma here Is brown/Golden tho and has that distinctive sweet smell

How do you know that your local supplier doesn't just say that to increase his credibility?
Because i have Been using mdma consistently for the past 10 years AND i know how to differentiate real MDMA from meh. Meh Is utter garbage, mdma has Made me cry from the blissful euphoria in the past AND Made me connect with people in a very deep meaningful way.

How do you know that your local supplier doesn't just say that to increase his credibility?
They have never busted a single lab in my country iirc, it's all cocaine. Ppl bring the pills/crystals from overseas.

Not true in my experience mate I'm in the UK and almost always get magic. DNM stuff is the best because the reputable vendors get their product straight from NL (okay often it's trafficked through Germany first) and then direct to you, no cutting in the middle. This has been confirmed by EC lab tests. The UK gets MDMA that is 90-99% pure. And obviously pills straight from the big crews like Q-Dance are banging and we get those by the tonne.

In fact the big problem we have in the UK with MDMA is that it is too strong and people are taking higher doses than they should because they expect a low quality product (and just because we have a culture of boshing shit, which is fucking stupid).

Here's a pretty in-depth report about changes in MDMA production and purity, also suggesting an increase in MDMA production from China and Canada:

The main source of MehDMA is copycat pills and cut powder. If I had to guess, I'd say meh synths are more likely to come from cheap Chinese sources than our neighbours in the Netherlands.

Anyway, OP, I'd recommend a MAXIMUM of 200mg. Go over that, especially with limited experience, and you will have a harsh comedown for a few weeks. But as others have said, if what you have is truly high quality MDMA, you should roll nicely off 150mg.

Not true in my experience mate I'm in the UK and almost always get magic. DNM stuff is the best because the reputable vendors get their product straight from NL (okay often it's trafficked through Germany first) and then direct to you, no cutting in the middle. This has been confirmed by EC lab tests. The UK gets MDMA that is 90-99% pure. And obviously pills straight from the big crews like Q-Dance are banging and we get those by the tonne.

In fact the big problem we have in the UK with MDMA is that it is too strong and people are taking higher doses than they should because they expect a low quality product (and just because we have a culture of boshing shit, which is fucking stupid).

Here's a pretty in-depth report about changes in MDMA production and purity, also suggesting an increase in MDMA production from China and Canada:

The main source of MehDMA is copycat pills and cut powder. If I had to guess, I'd say meh synths are more likely to come from cheap Chinese sources than our neighbours in the Netherlands.

Anyway, OP, I'd recommend a MAXIMUM of 200mg. Go over that, especially with limited experience, and you will have a harsh comedown for a few weeks. But as others have said, if what you have is truly high quality MDMA, you should roll nicely off 150mg.
Yeah Wilson, whenever i read of necking 2-3 pills I'm like what the actual fuck.....no wonder these crazy english lads overdose. I've never in my life had More than one pill or exceeded 0.2 in crystal form. Shit i rmemeber those technogyms that were circulating in 2018, Holy mother of god they had 0.3+mdma too fking strong. The comeup was intense as hell but nevertheless the whlle experience was enjoyable.

Yeah Wilson, whenever i read of necking 2-3 pills I'm like what the actual fuck.....no wonder these crazy english lads overdose. I've never in my life had More than one pill or exceeded 0.2 in crystal form. Shit i rmemeber those technogyms that were circulating in 2018, Holy mother of god they had 0.3+mdma too fking strong. The comeup was intense as hell but nevertheless the whlle experience was enjoyable.

Exactly we have a stupid culture of MDMA use here. It's like our alcohol culture, we just binge, and we are the biggest drinkers in the whole of Europe.

Most I've had is about 250-300mg I think. Was utterly stupid of me. No point at all getting to 300mg it's no more enjoyable than 200mg but you get a horrible comedown for two weeks after. I'd say 200mg is probably the limit, and for new users I'd say even 150mg. This is all assuming it's good stuff of course.

I had a mate brag to me about how he did a whole gram of Mandy in a night. I'm just thinking yeah nah mate, if that was true you'd have gone home in an ambulance.

Exactly we have a stupid culture of MDMA use here. It's like our alcohol culture, we just binge, and we are the biggest drinkers in the whole of Europe.

Most I've had is about 250-300mg I think. Was utterly stupid of me. No point at all getting to 300mg it's no more enjoyable than 200mg but you get a horrible comedown for two weeks after. I'd say 200mg is probably the limit, and for new users I'd say even 150mg. This is all assuming it's good stuff of course.

I had a mate brag to me about how he did a whole gram of Mandy in a night. I'm just thinking yeah nah mate, if that was true you'd have gone home in an ambulance.
i -facepalm- everytime i see people dosing mdma like doing 1-2 small fingers every half hr- hr, when all u need is one moderate dose 120-150m and maybe couple hrs later a small booster dose(although i always only dose once). WHenever i see thati think to myself( these people don't even know hpw it works/research/ what theyre taking....

Hi, I'm new to posting on BL though I've lurked on trip reports for a few years now
I'm female, 5'7" and 138 lbs
Background:
I've done MDMA twice now and MDA once. The first time I did MDMA was at a rave and I bought a capsule from some random dude, it never hit me but it hit my friend and she was rolling pretty hard (she had eaten less than me that day) but later in the night I found someone selling baggies of 130 mg mdma crystals so I bought one, this made me "roll" but it wasn't as intense as I expected. The second time I did MDMA was a few months later and I took 100 mg (it was confirmed to be pure), again felt something but definitely wasn't as intense as a lot of people describe their experiences.

Then, 3 weeks ago my partner and I did MDA and we each did around 250 mg. We didn't realize we were doing this much until later due to some misinformation from his dealer. It was extremely intense and I'd say I was "rolling" pretty hard for the first couple hours, but it was MDA so a bit different than MDMA for sure. The comedown was unpleasant because we were up all night and too speeded out to sleep, but overall it was a good experience and I could handle that dose, though I wouldn't do it again.

So in a month or so my partner and I are planning to try MDMA again. He didn't feel it a whole lot last time either so we are both planning on upping our doses. Normally I'm extremely lightweight for most substances--weed, alcohol, LSD, etc. but MDMA seems to be the one thing that doesn't knock me out at normal doses. I was thinking for myself, 150 or even 170 mg? Is this too much all at once? I know if you take too much the comeup can be really unpleasant. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sometimes one pill is legit and another isn't also i usta snort pure mdma 150mg a line id do 2 lines every 45 minutes for 3-5 hours the next day if be super burnt out n just wanna sleep ive also shot mdma at 75-100mgs at once and it only feels like mdma for 10-15 minutes and then it just feels like speed

Normal dosage is 75-120mg
Medium dose is 120-250
Heavy dose 250+

The dosing of MDMA is affected by the individual genetics, for example by the CYP2D6 activity. Allegedly at least 3% of the population has a defficiency of this cytochrome.
Thanks to indigoaura, I recently came across a protocol that identifies some of the vulnerable people. So if you consider using MDMA for the first time, first make sure it really is 3,4-MDMA HCl and only 3,4-MDMA HCl and you may also want to test yourself whether you are one of those very vulnerable people described below, who deserve a smaller dose:

DOI 10.1007/s00213-002-1131-1 said:
Potential volunteers were screened for cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) deficiency using dextromethorphan. For the CYP2D6 test, 30 mg dextromethorphan was administered orally and urine was collected for 8 h. Urine was assayed for dextromethorphan/ dextrorphan ratio using high pressure liquid chromatography (Lam and Rodriguez 1993). An excreted dextromethorphan/dextrorphan ratio of >0.3 was considered indicative of poor metabolizer status for CYP2D6 (Schmid et al. 1985). Since 3–10% of the population is CYP2D6 deficient (Nies and Spielberg 1996) and CYP2D6 deficiency has been postulated to increase the risk of acute adverse reaction (Tucker et al. 1994), poor metabolizers were excluded from this study. Two of the 13 individuals evaluated for CYP2D6 status were excluded for this reason. Potential volunteers were also screened for inducible myocardial ischemia using a dobutamine stress test. The dobutamine test is described in detail in Lester et al. (2000) and followed standard procedures (Mason et al. 1984). All volunteers tolerated this test well

Last edited:
For myself, as a 6' 175 lb older (60's) male, I found my perfect dose is 100ug 1P-LSD and 100 mg of magic MDMA with NO redose (totally unnecessary).
I also take 1 gram of piracetam and a CYP3A4 inhibitor (grapefruit extract) and a whole buffet of vitamins/anti-oxidants and NAC.
I roll blissfully for so long that I need to shut it before I want to, with etizolam so I can get a full nights sleep and feel fine for the next day.
I do not follow the 3 month rule.

I find MD(M)A varies a lot between experiences and people. I'm around 6 ft and 70kg, I can't take more that 120mg at the very most before I puke from the intensity, whereas I have friends who weigh less and can take a 1/4 gram of the same stuff with average effects.
Unless you reagent tested it, I'd bet it probably wasn't MDA. 250mg of MDA would have you tripping hard, seeing people who weren't there, space battles in the sky and bushes morphing into giant squid, along with euphoria so intense you feel like a vibrating mess. I'd bet it was some kind of cathinone, especially as it was called "sassafrass". Sorry to disappoint but your experiences and dosages just don't add up to MDMA or MDA.
250mg of good MDA would also have you puking your guts out

I can concur that a lot of us in the UK do have access to high quality MDMA, but we also have a lot of cathinones and low quality MDMA. This is most sold and consumed by younger people/uni students who either aren't aware that they're actually consuming methylone etc... or just don't care about the quality.
Anything over 200mg is a massive dose ime when consuming high quality MD, don't know how kids these days handle some of the 300mg+ pills doing the rounds?!