• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Advice for MDMA dosing?

matador2r

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to posting on BL though I've lurked on trip reports for a few years now
I'm female, 5'7" and 138 lbs
Background:
I've done MDMA twice now and MDA once. The first time I did MDMA was at a rave and I bought a capsule from some random dude, it never hit me but it hit my friend and she was rolling pretty hard (she had eaten less than me that day) but later in the night I found someone selling baggies of 130 mg mdma crystals so I bought one, this made me "roll" but it wasn't as intense as I expected. The second time I did MDMA was a few months later and I took 100 mg (it was confirmed to be pure), again felt something but definitely wasn't as intense as a lot of people describe their experiences.

Then, 3 weeks ago my partner and I did MDA and we each did around 250 mg. We didn't realize we were doing this much until later due to some misinformation from his dealer. It was extremely intense and I'd say I was "rolling" pretty hard for the first couple hours, but it was MDA so a bit different than MDMA for sure. The comedown was unpleasant because we were up all night and too speeded out to sleep, but overall it was a good experience and I could handle that dose, though I wouldn't do it again.

So in a month or so my partner and I are planning to try MDMA again. He didn't feel it a whole lot last time either so we are both planning on upping our doses. Normally I'm extremely lightweight for most substances--weed, alcohol, LSD, etc. but MDMA seems to be the one thing that doesn't knock me out at normal doses. I was thinking for myself, 150 or even 170 mg? Is this too much all at once? I know if you take too much the comeup can be really unpleasant. Any advice would be appreciated!

First time I did it it was 150 mg all at once and it was the perfect amount, at least for me. You can always do 100 mg and then redone with another 50 about 1-2 hrs layer but I find my comedown is worse if I redose

Yes too much is horrible I've learnt my lesson doing to much at once, I now do little and often for a better come up and high

And you might of had cut mdma and that's why you didn't feel it as much, next time you might actually get pure mdma and then 100mg might be enough, if not add another 50mg or 100mg

I’m a 220lb male and I’ll roll my fucking face off on 150-160mg. I wouldn’t go above 150mg personally and use less than that now. If that isnt doing it then your product is shit IMO. Get better stuff

Hi, I'm new to posting on BL though I've lurked on trip reports for a few years now
I'm female, 5'7" and 138 lbs
Background:
I've done MDMA twice now and MDA once. The first time I did MDMA was at a rave and I bought a capsule from some random dude, it never hit me but it hit my friend and she was rolling pretty hard (she had eaten less than me that day) but later in the night I found someone selling baggies of 130 mg mdma crystals so I bought one, this made me "roll" but it wasn't as intense as I expected. The second time I did MDMA was a few months later and I took 100 mg (it was confirmed to be pure), again felt something but definitely wasn't as intense as a lot of people describe their experiences.

Then, 3 weeks ago my partner and I did MDA and we each did around 250 mg. We didn't realize we were doing this much until later due to some misinformation from his dealer. It was extremely intense and I'd say I was "rolling" pretty hard for the first couple hours, but it was MDA so a bit different than MDMA for sure. The comedown was unpleasant because we were up all night and too speeded out to sleep, but overall it was a good experience and I could handle that dose, though I wouldn't do it again.

So in a month or so my partner and I are planning to try MDMA again. He didn't feel it a whole lot last time either so we are both planning on upping our doses. Normally I'm extremely lightweight for most substances--weed, alcohol, LSD, etc. but MDMA seems to be the one thing that doesn't knock me out at normal doses. I was thinking for myself, 150 or even 170 mg? Is this too much all at once? I know if you take too much the comeup can be really unpleasant. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi there Matador,

First and foremost, I think its important to point out that you should never EVER take any notice of what a "dealer" says. 1. They are trying to sell a product and more often than not will say whatever they have to in order to make the sale. 2. Chances are very slim they actually know for 100% certainty what the pill/powder contains let alone in what quantities.

Second, Im wondering how you arrived at the various "mg" quantities that you have mentioned. Also how you determined you were taking MDA as opposed to MDMA or anything else for that matter. If you dont already use a test kit then I would strongly urge you to do so. Inexpensive and can save a life.

Re the best dose for you personally........... thats a very difficult thing for anyone to help you with because each time you purchase some there is no guarantee it contains the same quantities of its various ingredients as last time. I would suggest you firstly get a test kit so you have a good idea what it is your about to consume and then take a cautious approach by understanding you can always take a little bit more later if you feel you need to BUT you cannot untake it if you took to much to start.

Another question that comes to mind is if you are using any prescription drugs such as an SSRI for example as that can have an affect on how MDMA works.

Hopefully that answers some questions and provides some enlightenment.........

Keep smiling.

Hi there Matador,

First and foremost, I think its important to point out that you should never EVER take any notice of what a "dealer" says. 1. They are trying to sell a product and more often than not will say whatever they have to in order to make the sale. 2. Chances are very slim they actually know for 100% certainty what the pill/powder contains let alone in what quantities.

Second, Im wondering how you arrived at the various "mg" quantities that you have mentioned. Also how you determined you were taking MDA as opposed to MDMA or anything else for that matter. If you dont already use a test kit then I would strongly urge you to do so. Inexpensive and can save a life.

Re the best dose for you personally........... thats a very difficult thing for anyone to help you with because each time you purchase some there is no guarantee it contains the same quantities of its various ingredients as last time. I would suggest you firstly get a test kit so you have a good idea what it is your about to consume and then take a cautious approach by understanding you can always take a little bit more later if you feel you need to BUT you cannot untake it if you took to much to start.

Another question that comes to mind is if you are using any prescription drugs such as an SSRI for example as that can have an affect on how MDMA works.

Hopefully that answers some questions and provides some enlightenment.........

Keep smiling.
Hi Mazdan,

Thank you for the advice. The dealer in question is a trusted friend of my BF's and he's been selling to him for years so it's not just some random dealer off the streets. I didn't want to go into a ton of detail but the misinformation was also partly misremembering on my bf's part of how much he bought...anyway...I'm pretty certain it was MDA, the reason we thought it was MDMA is because the dealer called it "sassafrass" which when I googled it said is MDA but the dealer described it as "like MDMA but 'more chill'" and all the online sources I read described MDA as more speedy, psychedelic and lasting longer. So I thought to myself there's no way that is MDA. After taking it I was like "oh that's definitely MDA." It matched up with all the effects I had read online. In terms of mg they're approximate, assuming that the stuff I got was pure mdma and MDA, because where i live mdma is sold by "points" which means .1 g or 100 mg. I know we each did 250 mg of MDA because my bf had bought .5 g and we split it. I just bought a scale though so hopefully this will help us be more accurate in the future.

I find MD(M)A varies a lot between experiences and people. I'm around 6 ft and 70kg, I can't take more that 120mg at the very most before I puke from the intensity, whereas I have friends who weigh less and can take a 1/4 gram of the same stuff with average effects.
Unless you reagent tested it, I'd bet it probably wasn't MDA. 250mg of MDA would have you tripping hard, seeing people who weren't there, space battles in the sky and bushes morphing into giant squid, along with euphoria so intense you feel like a vibrating mess. I'd bet it was some kind of cathinone, especially as it was called "sassafrass". Sorry to disappoint but your experiences and dosages just don't add up to MDMA or MDA.

I find MD(M)A varies a lot between experiences and people. I'm around 6 ft and 70kg, I can't take more that 120mg at the very most before I puke from the intensity, whereas I have friends who weigh less and can take a 1/4 gram of the same stuff with average effects.
Unless you reagent tested it, I'd bet it probably wasn't MDA. 250mg of MDA would have you tripping hard, seeing people who weren't there, space battles in the sky and bushes morphing into giant squid, along with euphoria so intense you feel like a vibrating mess. I'd bet it was some kind of cathinone, especially as it was called "sassafrass". Sorry to disappoint but your experiences and dosages just don't add up to MDMA or MDA.
For your information I tripped balls on the MDA and was a vibrating euphoric mess. I don't know why you assume you know what my experience was like when I didn't go into detail about it.

For your information I tripped balls on the MDA and was a vibrating euphoric mess. I don't know why you assume you know what my experience was like when I didn't go into detail about it.
I wasn't trying to be a dick, just sharing what I think. MDA is more potent by weight than MDMA so that is a massive dose, could have been straight up MDMA who knows. What I do know is MDA is visual as fuck in higher doses, you didn't initial mention any visual effects which led me to assume it wasn't MDA.

Hi Mazdan,

Thank you for the advice. The dealer in question is a trusted friend of my BF's and he's been selling to him for years so it's not just some random dealer off the streets. I didn't want to go into a ton of detail but the misinformation was also partly misremembering on my bf's part of how much he bought...anyway...I'm pretty certain it was MDA, the reason we thought it was MDMA is because the dealer called it "sassafrass" which when I googled it said is MDA but the dealer described it as "like MDMA but 'more chill'" and all the online sources I read described MDA as more speedy, psychedelic and lasting longer. So I thought to myself there's no way that is MDA. After taking it I was like "oh that's definitely MDA." It matched up with all the effects I had read online. In terms of mg they're approximate, assuming that the stuff I got was pure mdma and MDA, because where i live mdma is sold by "points" which means .1 g or 100 mg. I know we each did 250 mg of MDA because my bf had bought .5 g and we split it. I just bought a scale though so hopefully this will help us be more accurate in the future.
cheers for the extra info Matador.

I understand where your coming from re the "trusted friend". And it may be that everything he tells you is in good faith. It really doesnt change anything unless of course he sent some samples away to be tested or at the very least did some testing with a test kit himself. Other than that its nothing more than guess work or passing on something that his contact told him, chinese whispers etc. And as for the weight of what you brought, that doesnt mean thats how much active ingredient you got. You can pretty much take it as gospel that at least one person along the supply chain has cut the product with something else so as to maximise the profits. Thats the way the illegal drug industry works.

Anyways the point is that unless whatever you buy is properly tested, and to get active ingredient percentages that would mean in a laboratory, its not possible to know anything for certain hence the need to be wary and cautious at all times.

Re the sassafrass comment, again I would question why someone would say that and what supporting evidence they have. Im not sure if this is still a thing today but years ago MDMA sometimes had a aniseed smell, I believe as a result of not being correctly made to begin with, but was still some of the better pills at the time. All of a sudden everywhere you turned the pills or powder was smelling of aniseed and people were using the smell as some sort of assurance of quality...........but the truth was that someone in the supply chain had simply brought a bottle of aniseed liquid and was adding it to there product which in many cases contained no MDMA at all. Often it was used to mask the smell of whatever else was in there.

Bottom line........... Buy a test kit and remember that you can always take a bit more but you cant untake something.

Ohh and this should provide you with some further help........... https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-complete-mdma-directory.301696/

@matador2r

I have been rolling now for 20 years, and all I can say is that at this point, I would not trust what ANYONE says about drugs that they are providing me, even if those people are my closest and most trustworthy friends. It is not that I do not trust them as people, it is that there is A LOT of misinformation out there and A LOT of bad product going around.

For me personally, I send everything to a lab to be tested. I don't know where you are located, but most places have at least one analysis lab they can use. Even after getting back a result of MDMA only, I still find that some samples are ineffective. Why that happens is a whole debate in another thread.

MDMA is about to become a prescription medicine in the USA. Based on the FDA trials that are going on, 120 mg is supposed to be an ideal starting dose followed by a 60 mg re-dose. If you are not rolling off 120 mg, then I would question the quality of the product. Your friends may not really know what they have or what the quality is. There is just too much unreliable product circulating the market right now.

Properly made MDMA hydrochoride should have no odor at all. Presumably any odor would be MDP2Pol/MDP2P or even worse, unreacted (iso)safrole...

I’m a 220lb male and I’ll roll my fucking face off on 150-160mg. I wouldn’t go above 150mg personally and use less than that now. If that isnt doing it then your product is shit IMO. Get better stuff
If you are not rolling off 120 mg, then I would question the quality of the product.
If only more people would notice that...

Last edited:
Properly made MDMA hydrochoride should have no odor at all.
So if it has an odor then it is contaminated with something.
Worth noting is that none of the smelly samples that I had sent to public drug labs were identified as containing anything else but MDMA HCl.

...MDP2Pol/MDP2P or even worse, unreacted (iso)safrole...
Why is MDP2Pol/MDP2P better than (iso)Safrole ?
Can either of them form a hydrochloride salt ?

Last edited:
IME it takes about 130-135mg to get me up, and the same goes for other people i have dosed. 100mg would never get me up, and I despise not being properly up.

What you need to take into account is that once you take a dose on which you peak, any extra 10-20mg or so (assuming same batch, different day) is going to alter the experience noticably. I used to sometimes take my MDMA in six separate capsules (divided from a gram), and 166~mg would get me very messy.

Maybe your MDMA is just a tad weak, and you need an extra 10mg or so. I'd personally just take more until it worked. Sometimes I'll just snort a little bump to kick it in, but many people hate that.

Get some scales and weigh your doses. And consider getting your MDMA lab tested. Energy Control will tell you the purity.

I roll hard as fuck on ~100-125 mg, when I have dosed closer to ~140mg it was unpleasantly intense and euphoric, I couldn't move, floored, ecstatic haha

My preferred dose is actually round 90 mg, I'm a skinny guy and that's all I need to get open and alert and alive and happy as hell about this moment.

In my opinion people saying that they'll be needing .2 to roll means either they're used to methylone and think the needed doses are close to .2-.3 , massive tolerance/abuse of real mdma over the years or simply being used to having cut product, possibly just newer to using X.

Last edited:
cheers for the extra info Matador.

I understand where your coming from re the "trusted friend". And it may be that everything he tells you is in good faith. It really doesnt change anything unless of course he sent some samples away to be tested or at the very least did some testing with a test kit himself. Other than that its nothing more than guess work or passing on something that his contact told him, chinese whispers etc. And as for the weight of what you brought, that doesnt mean thats how much active ingredient you got. You can pretty much take it as gospel that at least one person along the supply chain has cut the product with something else so as to maximise the profits. Thats the way the illegal drug industry works.

Anyways the point is that unless whatever you buy is properly tested, and to get active ingredient percentages that would mean in a laboratory, its not possible to know anything for certain hence the need to be wary and cautious at all times.

Re the sassafrass comment, again I would question why someone would say that and what supporting evidence they have. Im not sure if this is still a thing today but years ago MDMA sometimes had a aniseed smell, I believe as a result of not being correctly made to begin with, but was still some of the better pills at the time. All of a sudden everywhere you turned the pills or powder was smelling of aniseed and people were using the smell as some sort of assurance of quality...........but the truth was that someone in the supply chain had simply brought a bottle of aniseed liquid and was adding it to there product which in many cases contained no MDMA at all. Often it was used to mask the smell of whatever else was in there.

Bottom line........... Buy a test kit and remember that you can always take a bit more but you cant untake something.

Ohh and this should provide you with some further help........... https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-complete-mdma-directory.301696/
That aniseed Smell you're talking about i compare it More to sunblock. It's weird but it's a distinctive Smell. The best shit I've tried had that Smell, also true mdma tastes sweet first AND bitter in the end.

I roll hard as fuck on ~100-125 mg, when u have dosed closer to ~140mg it was unpleasantly intense and euphoric, I couldn't move, floored, ecstatic haha

My preferred dose is actually round 90 mg, I'm a skinny guy and that's all I need to get open and alert and alive and happy as hell about this moment.

In my opinion people saying that they'll be needing .2 to roll means either they're used to methylone and think the needed doses are close to .2-.3 , massive tolerance/abuse of real mdma over the years or simply being used to having cut product, possibly just newer to using X.

I think whats being forgotten here is that everyone is different. Not everyone metabolises the same and what one person may consider the perfect dose for them may be completely different to what someone else is looking for.

eg. Mate I used to roll with prefers the subtle effects whereas I enjoy being hit like a sledghammer. He loves mild visuals whereas I get off on much wilder stuff than that.

Also its important to understand that unless you have arranged for a lab to test and provide a purity report then its impossible to know just how many milligrams your dosing. Sure there may be a few who get every batch of gear lab tested but its hardly a common practice hence the majority of suggestions re what mg a person is consuming would at best be a guess and therefore its irrelevant information.

That aniseed Smell you're talking about i compare it More to sunblock. It's weird but it's a distinctive Smell. The best shit I've tried had that Smell, also true mdma tastes sweet first AND bitter in the end.
My point was that smell, any smell, is NO GUIDE to determining what is in your gear.

Likewise with the concept of tastes before and after.................NO Im sorry thats just not accurate at all. And it would concern me if someone read that and went away thinking they had a way of discerning "true mdma".

The only way to know what it is you have purchased is to use a test kit or have your drugs lab tested. If you have a pill then it can also be helpful to check out Pill Reports for a rough guide.