• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Addicted to Amphetamines, Getting out of hand, not sure how to stop

blimp166

Greenlighter
So had a rough break up recently and spiralled down into speed use, my medication script and actual amphetamine in weekends. It got way out of control. it worked wonders for cutting off all the pain and allowed me to focus on future things. But now I still get caught in very painful thoughts and feelings when I stop using, and it all comes flooding back anyhow, the loneliness, heartbreak etc.
I've honestly lost control and I can't seem to care enough to just quit and ride it out. I'd rather just stay high and not feel it.
When I don't take dexedrine I find it hard to even get out of bed. I have no energy. I get extremely depressed, boring and unable to get anything done, everything starts to feel pointless and hopeless. When on dexedrine I start initiating social contact again, make plans for the future, and actually do shit. I started associating success with being on the drug and it's hard when I have so much confirmation that people generally like me better when on speed. It's starting to get out of hand. All of my friends use it, and a big chunk of them snort amphetamine during weekends and lines get passed around. I either isolate myself completely, or I cave when I go to these hangouts, and find I say 'yes' when I know I should say 'no'.
Honestly I notice no difference between the meds and actual amphetamine. It works both the same.
I just hate being sober.

So much sleep deprivation and lack of eating can't be good for me, but I hate the intense sadness and emotional spiral down awaiting me when I'm off of the stuff. Just venting, I'm in a pretty dark place. I barely even feel the meds anymore. It just makes me feel sort of there, and able to do stuff but at this point it just makes me wired. What should I expect when I quit? Should I ween myself off of it? I have a script for an ADD diagnosis and without I barely can focus at all. Im worried I may have ruined the usefulness of them by now anyway. Fuck I'm just screwed

You definitely have the right idea with wanting to get off of them. Believe me if you continue down this path it's only going to get worse and soon not even the amphetamines will help.

I think your best option is to stop taking them outright. If you try to taper you might just find that being around them is too tempting and i believe that tapering with amphetamines will just unnecessarily prolong the negative side effects.

I don't know if you have any friends that don't use speed but if you do then get in contact with them and start hanging out, even if you don't want to. Social interaction is gonna he necessary to get you through this, it sounds like you've been in a lot of pain and isolating yourself is only going to make it worse.

You will feel like shit for a couple weeks to a month but i promise you will feel much better not being in the negative loop of amp abuse, sleep depravation, and malnutrition. It might take a little while to get better but it is absolutely worth it and you will get better if you try.

Good luck

You're in luck.. amphetamine withdrawal isn't that bad. I agree that you should just stop cold turkey. Get some of your favorite food and movies... and just hide away for the first couple days. You will feel tired and depressed... but it shouldn't last long. give it 4 - 7 days. I promise you will spring back.

EDIT: Maybe tell your doctor about your addiction, and your friends. Delete numbers where you can get speed from. Granted, I'm sure you could find more if you really wanted to but this will at least make it harder.

Go cold turkey. You can do it and there are no withdrawal symptoms. Erase all your speed contacts and stay away from people places and things that make you think of using. Exercise helps, or taking supplements like L tyrosine, B6 or even B12. I have been off of speed for three years, and it has been the best three years of my life. I look and feel 10x better now. Good luck!

I'm a techno DJ, it is one of my favorite things to do, and it's saturated with it, I wish I could be surrounded by it and not indulge so much, I will have to completely redesign my life to stay away from it :/

Your a dj ??? Idk i think of aviccii dying from alcohol i think and im blasting techno music waiting for the amphetamine to come. Idk about you but just about every techno song would trigger flashbacks . I feel like music is so tied tomy substance use one makes me thirst for the other.

Thats the problem, and my DJ friends all use amphetamines too at these parties, and the afters... its just getting out of hand

You might just need to try your hardest to have an iron will, or change occupations. Out of control amp use will destroy your mind as well as your health, you know this can't continue with this ferocity.

It's a really difficult situation and it will not be easy to get through.

Honestly i think amphetamine isnt the problem. It sounds like you need new people to be around, things to do, ect. If i was around friends snorting amphetamine id prob snort amphetamine. And, being a dj and trying to not use drugs well youd have to have a heck of alot more control then me.

What is your medication script ? Why not keep the social, rowdy DJing sessions to once a month and in between try to meet with more abstinent musicians ?

I recommend to look into nootropics and herbs extracts. There are plenty of really good stuff out there. I was once heavily addicted to pure d-amp and it was terrible, I was such a stupid dick, I'm surprised I didnt end up in jail or died in a car accident. I started nootropics to wean myself off stims and they made recovery a lot quicker and easier.

Now I dont have any cravings for amp or meth, strange, but feels like I have grown up through that period and both my mind and body now have the knowledge of what effects there will be so I choose drugs more carefully.

Psychedelics are the best kind of drugs, period. ;)

Many, if not all of the people who posted in this thread say that kicking amphetamines isn't hard. For me, it wasn't as bad as kicking heroin, but it was psychologically just as difficult.
I have taken stimulant meds since I was 6. I am now 27. A couple months ago, I saw a new doctor and the moron took me off of my Adderall. The hyperactivity came back after not being able to get out of bed for literally almost a month. The depression was so bad that I didn't sleep, eat, or speak to anyone. I never really left my home.
I would wake up with severe cravings for the Adderall, after having dreams of taking my dose. I haven't abused my Adderall since maybe my senior year in HS.
The obsession to get more took over my mind completely. I finally saw another doctor who filled my script, thank god!
I guess my point is is that it is possible to have horrible discontinuation syndrome upon cessation of any type of amphetamine use, even medicinally.
My point is, the depression that you are experiencing is probably from the break up, yes, but depleted dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin will only help keep you depressed. Although these drugs aren't physically addicting, they are extremely psychologically habit forming. Since you do have a script, if you want an extra "boost" from your Adderall, chew up about 3 extra strength Tums and then orally take your dose. The Tums reduce the acids in your stomach that degrade a large portion of the dose actually taken. Good luck!

Yeah, I think most people are speaking primarily to the physical side effects of detox. Which is less dramatic with amps than opioids. But the psychological put can be just as bad, if not worse. From what I understand PAWS from heavy or long term amp use can be worse than opioid.

Yeah, I think most people are speaking primarily to the physical side effects of detox. Which is less dramatic with amps than opioids. But the psychological put can be just as bad, if not worse. From what I understand PAWS from heavy or long term amp use can be worse than opioid.

Yes PAWS can be absolutely terrible from long term amp usage. It's hard to say which PAWS is worse - amps or opioids - they both can suck big time. I imagine it varies person to person, binge to binge, drug to drug.

Lots of people say stims don't have physical withdrawals but I disagree. The worst was being so physically lacking of energy that I could not even stand upright properly. I also could not stay awake - I was constantly nodding off even when standing or even during the middle of a conversation with somebody.

This was after quitting a long term mdpv addiction. Most people would probably argue that I only felt that tired/drained because of lack of sleep/nutrition but I don't agree. I had been using so long that I was sleeping, eating, excersizing aka living normally every day and had been doing so for years while on MDPV. The MDPV was no longer getting me tweaked... Like any addiction dosing would only make me feel somewhat normal for awhile.

Once i stopped the MDPV I ended up sleeping more than 20hrs a day for the first 5-7 days, then like 16hrs a day for another week and it still took a couple more weeks to get back to only 8hrs a day. That is not just simply recovering from sleep deprivation, this is both physical and mental symptoms of withdrawal until the body/mind readjusts.

When I was awake I could not focus. I had no motivation. No desire to do anything. No energy. I believe these are both physical and mental manifestations of withdrawal... At least during the acute stage, anyways. Past that (paws territory) it's just the mental aspect that's left.

I also experienced other physical symptoms that reminded me of symptoms of something like Parkinson's or MS that took weeks to completely disappear. My gait was unusual, I had odd speech problems, muscle tremors, odd physical sensations, coordination issues etc. For awhile I was concerned I had developed a neurological disorder, it was kinda scary.

Not trying to be argumentative with anyone I'm just pointing out that I think stims can have physical withdrawals just most people don't notice then for what they are especially since they aren't usually as obvious as opioid withdrawals.

Hey there! Awful stuff your are passing through. I have been an amphetamine user over 7 years for my psychiatric problem and sometimes recreationally.

Personally and it should not be taken as truth, just a method I use to maintain my amphetamine consumption and tolerance.

First I would recommend you to cut all street form amphetamines, you don't know the yucky stuff it have been cut. I don't find street amphetamine in my contry but I personally never try it. Snorting something like amphetamine + cuts most have some serious problems.

About prescribed amphetamine, I only use it went I need to study, go for work sometimes and recreationally for having a good time every now and then (avoiding doing it every weekend). I don't don't take it every day but that can change in your case because of your ADD.

If you have a strong will power to cut street amphetamines and stick only to your prescribed amphetamines here are some technic I do for stop bulling tolerance or tampering down. Is just my personal experience, so I share it to might help you in some way.

1- If your pill is in press form, divided it! Example; I use 20mg of amphetamines, I divide it in four parts and if I need a little boost in two. Meaning you get or four 5mg pieces or two 10mg pieces. Know the trick is to experiment and know how much is enough to have the desired effects.

2- Don't redose in about 8-12 hours. I know is difficult but with a little practice you may do it effortlessly. Taking an pill of amphetamines after 4 or 6 hour will do nothing to your plasma levels of the drug.

3- Redose only went you need to work in the nights. Get a good amount of sleep, drink water and have a good meal even if your not hungry. Amphetamines works better if you have a good diet for the body to burn off will been on amphetamine. I personally don't have problems with my appetite (such a glotton).

4- If you don't need it daily just don't do it, take a time off, sleep and have your ADD moments if your don't need to work or do stuff. Find a way to enjoy the time you are off amphetamines! Don't do this at the beginning of your recovery of amphetamines, it might be worst, give you self a month on it while reducing your income.

5- Amphetamine is just a boost and not all of your sussces. This is hard to understand at first but after a time you notice that only you are the one who is sussecefull and not just because of the amphetamine in your blood.

If after this you wish to fully discontinue your amphetamine use DO IT. There other none stimulant options for people with ADD.

I wish you the best of the success in getting out of that hole!

I was ripped off of Adderall (90 mgs daily - which is pretty high) at once. I have never felt worse in my life including when I quit "hard" drugs. I couldn't even get out of bed. I slept ALL of the time. If you have to go through this and if you have a say, I beg you for your own well-being and mental and physical health to ask to be weaned off your dosage... otherwise it will be hell - pure hell for a long time. Mine was close to two weeks of non-functioning.

Hey there! Awful stuff your are passing through. I have been an amphetamine user over 7 years for my psychiatric problem and sometimes recreationally.

Personally and it should not be taken as truth, just a method I use to maintain my amphetamine consumption and tolerance.

First I would recommend you to cut all street form amphetamines, you don't know the yucky stuff it have been cut. I don't find street amphetamine in my contry but I personally never try it. Snorting something like amphetamine + cuts most have some serious problems.

About prescribed amphetamine, I only use it went I need to study, go for work sometimes and recreationally for having a good time every now and then (avoiding doing it every weekend). I don't don't take it every day but that can change in your case because of your ADD.
Cut street Speed is all dependable where you live. If it not cut beyond 70 % with no active additives. Just take less ( bumps ) or if you have a sinus problem add inositol, but don't ask me how to not get hot spots. Or go for oral the safest route.

Tropical is obviously not Dutch as unaldurtared/ almost pure DL-Amphetamine is the standard here. And about snorting it, there are worst stims on the nasal vavities. Coke, 2-FA or 3-FPM to name a few.

Best advice Dextro-Amphetamine, as needed. Could be I am an anolamy but I find it non recreactive. While TropicalPsychedelicBear does. YMMV

it worked wonders for cutting off all the pain and allowed me to focus on future things. But now I still get caught in very painful thoughts and feelings when I stop using, and it all comes flooding back anyhow, the loneliness, heartbreak etc.
This sounds to me as if your main problem are unresolved issues that were just pushed aside by your lifestyle. If what you like is being a DJ and you want to keep doing it, you will have to resolve these issues, ideally with a sober mind, and give yourself time to deal with the pain (which will go away then) And then you can go back to doing what you did before the loneliness and heartbreak.

you are in a bad spot brother and I totally get it.

If you want to stop, get some Clonidine, Xanax or valium and keep taking your amphetamine meds as prescribed by doctor

I'm a recovered meth addict/cocaine addict/amphetamine addict what got my to quit was the neurotoxicity of the drugs, at some point stimulants just aren't fun anymore and make your mental health worse, for me it had to get so bad that I didn't like stimulants anymore I had friends that liked me more on speed until I started going batshit crazy, now those friends arent around anymore

I can confirm life is better without the stimulants now that my brain has reset from needing them, as I'm writing this I feel happy, calm cool and collected, excited I can give a helpful input, you just gotta get to the point where stimulants don't help you anymore and really want to quit it took me from the age of 15 to the age of 26 I believe to actually want to quit, and after I quit my life is a lot better, still in the toilet but still significantly better. Don't cave in to the idea of taking benzodiazepines to help, for me that just gave me another drug to be insanely addicted to.

TL:DR stimulants will put you in a dark place from the high itself then you'll wanna quit eventually

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire: