• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and Hair Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashdance9

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,
I recently got a prescription to Adderall. I take 10 or 20 mg some days when I need to get things done. I notice it thins my hair out tremendously and I think it's making it fall out too. Otherwise I like Adderall. Can someone please inform me if they know a way to prevent this from happening? Any possible Vitamins or formulas I should take? Thanks.

Eat healthy, take a multivitamin everyday and stay hydrated.

I cant really think of why it would make your hair thin since your hair is already dead anyways.. :\

Very odd, I hope my hair doesn't fall out! I have never heard of this associated with amphet use, however, I have heard that prolonged states of high mental stress will cause your hair to fall out... Perhaps you have a unique reaction. Anyways, good luck with further thinning and I hope your hair grows back!

I would highly recommend you discuss this side-effect with your doctor, seems pretty rare to me. Only thing I could guess is too much stress try mediating your cortisol with some kind of supplement. Also make sure you get plenty of GELATIN in your diet (stuff thats in jello) that will help your hair (and nails) regrow and strengthen your hair.

You do not want to be a victim of hair loss, it can become permanent and therapies and treatments are generally not covered by insurance as they are cosmetic procedures.

i actually read online that its quite common but who know. I was trying Wellbutrin for a few months which is also a slight stimulant anti-depressant and it thinned my hair out FAST so I had to stop it. I guess I'm sensitive to them. But there are people who complained online about Wellbutrin & hair too. Yeah I take vitamins and all that stuff. I was hoping someone would be more familiar with this complaint knew some more info on how to combat this problem. Thanks... =/

<censored by user (profile compromised)>

Last edited:
wen i was using meth i had this one dope slut who's hair would fall out like crazy after day 2 or so of a binge. dunno y. hott girl losing all her hair, thinking back that sucks!

Last edited:
wen i was using meth i had this one dope slut who's hair would fall out like crazy after day 2 or so of a binge. dunno y. hott girl losing all her hair, thinking back that sucks!

Oh, I just lol'ed irl...
but yea.. I can see why you would lose your hair.
I also take amphetamines every day, Vyvanse or Concerta... yes i kno that they both suck.
It's probably because your not getting enough protein, just like me, when I'm on ~150mg vyvanse I dont eat for the whole day... It just doesn't wanna go down.
also the loss of sleep, cant metabolize your protein (e.g., calcium), therefore hair thins. Oh but a good choice I made, get Muscle Milk and drain a couple of scoops every morning and that will be good.

Yea.. try having severe ADHD and try to complete 4 online college classes... you can't imagine the headaches I get, they are like someone skewered my eyeballs and branded my brain.

i was unaware of this potential side effect. ha, now i'm going to start thinking my hair is thinning and stuff. thanks a lot, op :)

Yea.. try having severe ADHD and try to complete 4 online college classes... you can't imagine the headaches I get, they are like someone skewered my eyeballs and branded my brain.

yeah the headaches are no joke. also the paranoia :(
So this hair thinning is definitely a problem for me and I guess I'll have to stop taking it since no one seems to know what to do about the hair thinning. I still eat while on adderall and get sleep too. Not a nutrient deficiency I know thats for sure.

yeah the headaches are no joke. also the paranoia :(
So this hair thinning is definitely a problem for me and I guess I'll have to stop taking it since no one seems to know what to do about the hair thinning. I still eat while on adderall and get sleep too. Not a nutrient deficiency I know thats for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's more caused by the ability of amphetamines to change your metabolism and breakdown of proteins, even if you are eating well, which I don't know how people do in the first place on amp. Amphetamines are sympathomimetic amines, meaning they trigger a sympathetic nervous system response (e.g., flight or fight) and therefore the body consumes more energy working and does not use energy to digest and breakdown proteins, that's why you mainly get your protein when you sleep. (also why you shouldn't eat before bed).

Last edited:
I got ADD, currently taking 5 chemical engineering classes and I have no headaches. I'm not trying to say that your in a Mikey Mouse program, probably your program is hard too. What I try to say is that if I took 150mg of vyvanse daily I would also get a headake so huge that I would trip over my ballsack while trying to feet scratch my back.

Do they even have 5 chemical engineering classes you can take at the same time?, or are you taking Mass and Energy Balances, Thermo, Transport, and Kinetics? That is very hard to believe.

^let's not get into educational dicksizing and derail the thread. I'm sure you both have HUGE brains.

Last edited:
Oh... you live in Canada, that might have been pertinent :p The education system is a little different. And with the hair loss, calcium supplements?

Status
Not open for further replies.