• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall alternative?

zachl927

Greenlighter
I started taking adderall XR at 30mg recently for finals week. Over the course of the week, I realized I had much more than I needed and took numerous pills each day as well as snorted portions of some at night. I am on vacation now and have had enough until today. This morning I took my last 30mg and starting tomorrow I will have nothing left. What are some good OTC alternatives. I am aware that the best thing for me to do is just stop taking adderall but I have ADHD anyways and it's been prescribed to me, my parents just never let me use it; rightfully so... I have access to a walgreens type store but not much more. Any ideas?

you have to live in the fog for alittle bit but in a couple days it'll be easier, try to drink caffeine, my particular fav is an iced coffeine yum, with simple syrup

Yeah just cold turkey and some coffee.

I went up to 100mg a day for a heavy organic chemistry course load. Quit cold turkey and was tired for a few days but bounced right back after that and a little extra sleep, good diet, and exercise.

Otherwise, DMAA and DMHA are decent alternatives but not finding those at Walgreens obviously

There's no point in trying to supplement, you're going to crash eventually. Just accept that you'll feel run down for a couple days. Also the OTC alternatives will either not cut it or just make the crash 10x worse.

A healthy dose of caffeine immediately before an exam is a good stimulant, IMO.

Otherwise, you could try using propylhexedrine. It's pretty much a one-time thing, and you can't (or at least I wouldn't recommend trying to) redose with it, in the way you could with other, more traditional stimulants like meth or Rx amps like Adderall. But the initial psychoactive effect of propylhex is quite strong IME and it's favorably comparable to a good amphetamine buzz, just much less hedonistic/enjoyable. You'll get alert quick though. I've used it once or twice during my academic career. It's the active drug in Benzedrex inhalers, you just pop the top off one of those babies, submerge the drug-soaked cotton ball inside in a small amount of lemon juice, wait an hour or two, then drink the lemon juice as a shot (minus the cotton ball of course)

Then go rage. lol. Or study, or whatever you need to do

nice I do thoes once in a wile i use a shot glass usually cut the cotton in half haven't tried it with lemon stuff tho

Although going cold turkey on addy will be unpleasant, staying off it will be better for you in the long run. As a college student who has been there, my grades significantly increased once I started to push myself without amphetamines (adderall, vyvanse, ritalin, nootropics, etc.). To be honest, I think that when I study on them my retention is significantly reduced. Or even worse, when I go to take the test I'm either speedy and anxious, or feeling shitty because of the comedown.

One tip, a chilled bottle of pedialyte for the come down does WONDERS.

Although going cold turkey on addy will be unpleasant, staying off it will be better for you in the long run. As a college student who has been there, my grades significantly increased once I started to push myself without amphetamines (adderall, vyvanse, ritalin, nootropics, etc.). To be honest, I think that when I study on them my retention is significantly reduced. Or even worse, when I go to take the test I'm either speedy and anxious, or feeling shitty because of the comedown.

Amphetamines have only had a positive outcome for myself, you aren't taking adderall or amps in a correct fashion, you've got to be prepared to take the edge off one way or another if you intend on indulging in them aswell as know you maximum dosage.

Amphetamines have only had a positive outcome for myself, you aren't taking adderall or amps in a correct fashion,

It is a well known fact that drugs affect different people differently. What may work for you may not work for me or anybody else.

Trust me, I know how to handle amphs. I have plenty of experience. Just in my personal experience my retention is not as good. I also have general anxiety disorder so they make my anxiety worse while on them. Taking a benzodiazepine when done is my routine.

It is a well known fact that drugs affect different people differently. What may work for you may not work for me or anybody else.

Trust me, I know how to handle amphs. I have plenty of experience. Just in my personal experience my retention is not as good. I also have general anxiety disorder so they make my anxiety worse while on them. Taking a benzodiazepine when done is my routine.
take a gabapentinoid, trust me on this one over the benzo, and that way you can take the amps as needed, and not deal with an edge or anxiety

take a gabapentinoid, trust me on this one over the benzo, and that way you can take the amps as needed, and not deal with an edge or anxiety

I am prescribed 900mg gabapentin daily.

My only point here is that you shouldn't rely on study aids as a permanent tool for performance. As this is a harm reduction website I believe it is fitting to suggest so.

What do you study Zon?

I am prescribed 900mg gabapentin daily.

My only point here is that you shouldn't rely on study aids as a permanent tool for performance. As this is a harm reduction website I believe it is fitting to suggest so.
No one ever suggested to do that, i'm speaking to you about your particular case at the moment. 900 isn't high, but you should use with caution if taking benzos aswell.

No one ever suggested to do that, i'm speaking to you about your particular case at the moment. 900 isn't high, but you should use with caution if taking benzos aswell.
Of course, I rarely use benzos. Only in specific cases (such as an amphetamine comedown, PCP, etc.)

Dadderall - you get your daddy to fuck the life back into you
Ladderall - down testosterone pills and anabolic steroids
Gladderall - snort a bottle of Prozac
Fadderall - combine all of the latest synth drugs
KKKadderall - um, just avoid this one
Padderall - binge eat yourself high (and fat)
Radderall - combine the retro-70's drugs LSD and Quaaludes
Vladderall - drink the blood of someone high on Adderall
Sadderall - don't take anything

A healthy dose of caffeine immediately before an exam is a good stimulant, IMO.

Otherwise, you could try using propylhexedrine. It's pretty much a one-time thing, and you can't (or at least I wouldn't recommend trying to) redose with it, in the way you could with other, more traditional stimulants like meth or Rx amps like Adderall. But the initial psychoactive effect of propylhex is quite strong IME and it's favorably comparable to a good amphetamine buzz, just much less hedonistic/enjoyable. You'll get alert quick though. I've used it once or twice during my academic career. It's the active drug in Benzedrex inhalers, you just pop the top off one of those babies, submerge the drug-soaked cotton ball inside in a small amount of lemon juice, wait an hour or two, then drink the lemon juice as a shot (minus the cotton ball of course)

Then go rage. lol. Or study, or whatever you need to do

I came here to post this lol. Just tried it out a few days ago. Great time but hellish comedown. Gonna have some clomethiazole or whiskey next time I use it for another marathon gaming session.

That’s seriously weird lol. I’m in a grad school but every single student that I know in my program is using amph of some type and everyone has their grades go up after introducing them at whatever point that was individually. I think you were doing it wrong or possibly not getting good enough nutrition to have great baseline functioning