• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid story told to me by a cool hippy, must read!

Originally posted by gun toting hip gansta:
whether is true or not, i am gonna believe it because it is funny :)
Maybe i am dumb but, how do you 'dip' a sheet of blotter into crystals? surely the paper would absorb nothing, granted small amount of crystals might stay on the paper, but would fall off easily.
If the above is true, then perhaps they were dipping in liquid acid which would explain how the hippies had it, as it isn't as hard to get ahold of as pure crystal lsd, and perhaps of blowing crystals at the cops they throw the liquid?

you dissolve the crystal lsd with 151 bacardi or everclear . 1 gram to 300 ml of alchohol = 100 vials , or 100 sheets.

Dude, everyone knows LSD tabs are made by one-eyed Eunuchs in abandoned NYC subway tunnels. At no point does a tent come into the process.

LSD IS a tryptamine. It is also referred to as an indoleamine.
LSD is also 5ht2 agonist. LSD binds to 5-HT1A, 1B, 1D, 1E, 1F, 2A, 2C, 5, 6, 7, dopamine D1 and D2, and alpha1 and alpha2 adrenergic receptors.

lsd is NOT a tryptamine
It shares enough characteristics to be generally clumped with the tryptamines.
An Example: The most frequently encountered precursor for the manufacture of LSD is ergotamine, a major alkaloid of the ergot world. It is totally unknown in the morning glories. The usual commercial form is the tartrate salt, and is often referred to under the code abbreviation of ET, for ergotamine tartrate. It has found medical use in the treatment of migraine headaches, and as an oxytocic (an agent that is used in childbirth to stimulate uterine contractions. Care with the ET terminology must be taken, in that in the drug world it has two additional associations; a-ET for alpha-ethyltryptamine and NET for N-monoethyltryptamine.
There you go buddy, don't be so quick to slam what someone says before understanding what they are saying. Learn, progress...

"LSD that is bound to the post-synaptic serotonin receptor sites in animal brains"
-Shulgin
"And yet it is as potent a serotonin agonist as is LSD"
-Shulgin
Mechanisms of LSD action
LSD has its greatest effect on 5-HT neurons. It is a powerful agonist of somatodendritic 5-HT1A autoreceptors in the Raphe nucleus, and presynaptic 5-HT1B/5-HT1D (rodent and human respectively) autoreceptors - both actions would cause a decrease in serotonergic activity in this area. However LSD’s most potent effect is in binding postsynaptic 5-HT2A receptors increasing the firing rate of neurons bearing these receptors. The 5-HT2A receptor may be a common binding site for hallucinogens as both LSD and psilocybin (but not mescaline) act as agonists at these sites in the parietofrontal cortex, the neocortex, the limbic system and brainstem (all areas involved in perceptual processing and affect).
-http://psychology.unn.ac.uk
I'll dig up a few more sources that defeat your argument in a few more minutes when I get a chance.

Every drug story, not just LSD story, but drug story in general that sounds like this is fake. It's not even worth arguing over any facts or details. People love to come up with bullshit about drugs.
Quite frankly, drugs aren't that exciting. There is no super unknown. Really odd things don't happen to people that take drugs such as thinking they are a glass of orange juice or just magically going insane forever.
And you know why you never hear about people drugging up cops in the face of arrest in the paper? Because it never happens.

SovietContin,
Don't believe everything that you read.
You get a parking violation and a maggot up your sleeve.
So you shave your face with some mace in the dark, savin' all your food stamps and burnin' down the trailer park?
Beck,
Mellow Gold

thanks for the corrections on the binding sites and mechanisms of action. i hate giving out false information.
even though i still cant see the tryptamine skeleton, i guess there's no point in arguing about whether its a tryptamine or not, since it doesnt really matter. i'm guessing it was included in TiHKAL because of its psychedelic properties, but how would i know. i suppose we should just say that the beta-carbolines are tryptamines too, since they're also in TiHKAL. no point in making any distinction, as long as it makes you trip. if thats the case, lets put phenethylamines in there too! who cares what you're taking, as long as it fucks you up! the only real reason to care is if you're studying how molecular structure influences psychedelic properties.
i've never seen it called an indoleamine, but i have seen it called a carboxamide and an ergoline. guess i should do more research.

Originally posted by C21H23NO5:
[QB The 5-HT2A receptor may be a common binding site for hallucinogens as both LSD and psilocybin (but not mescaline) .[/QB]
Where do you propose mescaline's action potetial is located then????

The original post of this thread is definately bullshit and ther are a number of similar urban myths.
I will say this though. There is a HUGE misconception about the availablity of crystal LSD and the DEAD scene. I toured for almost 10 years and saw literally thousands of grams of raw LSD. Any well-connected "hippie", whether deadhead or phish-head, wouldnt even consider purchasing acid that wasnt in it's raw crystal form. It's not difficult to obtain crystal LSD.
And yes, the vast majority of the acid in the US as far back as early Grateful dead days have been "layed" by hippies in hotels rooms. This still goes on today.

Originally posted by Snitch:
The original post of this thread is definately bullshit and ther are a number of similar urban myths.
I will say this though. There is a HUGE misconception about the availablity of crystal LSD and the DEAD scene. I toured for almost 10 years and saw literally thousands of grams of raw LSD. Any well-connected "hippie", whether deadhead or phish-head, wouldnt even consider purchasing acid that wasnt in it's raw crystal form. It's not difficult to obtain crystal LSD.
And yes, the vast majority of the acid in the US as far back as early Grateful dead days have been "layed" by hippies in hotels rooms. This still goes on today.

I agree
Why are you guys arguing over this anyway? Im not trying to be rude at all, but it's NOT like this can be proven a myth or reality, even though it is almost positively a myth.
Just let it rest :)

The story is bull shit. There is no such thing as a cool hippy; even if they do have a bucket of acid.

so what?
i would love to drop a few hits on any cops face any time any day. them and george bush, asa hutchinson, i forget the drug czar's name, and just about every other toolish leader and enforcer in the world.
just to watch em FREAK OUT and probablly commit suicide since their all-powerful and all-knowing ego's would be tainted forever.

Originally posted by THE WOOD:
so what?
i would love to drop a few hits on any cops face any time any day. them and george bush, asa hutchinson, i forget the drug czar's name, and just about every other toolish leader and enforcer in the world.
just to watch em FREAK OUT and probablly commit suicide since their all-powerful and all-knowing ego's would be tainted forever.

John Asscroft?

Originally posted by fairnymph:
LSD IS a tryptamine. It is also referred to as an indoleamine.
LSD is also 5ht2 agonist. LSD binds to 5-HT1A, 1B, 1D, 1E, 1F, 2A, 2C, 5, 6, 7, dopamine D1 and D2, and alpha1 and alpha2 adrenergic receptors.

I cant speak for LSD but, I always thought most hallucinogens were 5-ht2a ANTAGONISTS instead of agonists... The role of 5-ht2a has been shown to regulate muscular function and more importantly filter "important" information from background "static information".. Blocking 5-ht2a would therefore reduce the brains abilty to select which perceptions to focus on, therefore mixing the information. i.e hallucinations. ONe good read ~ http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/psilocybin-solution/ch5.htm
Chapter 5 is the good chapter, plus some paper in the lsd section of erowid..

No, it's not John Ashcroft. It used to be Barry MacCaferry(sp?). I may still be.

Phish-heads, Phish-heads, rolley polley Phish-heads
Phish-heads, Phish-heads, eat them up - YUM.
You can take a Phish-head out to a movie, you won't have to pay to get him in. . .

I'm staying out of this. Anything I could add is either redundant or pointless!

Originally posted by Kosmicdog:

Werd.
I toured on and off with Phish for 5+ years.
The best tour urban legend i heard was the one that goes...
"My boy sketchy was in a bus with his mama summertime, and they had a huge mayonnaise jar full of liquid... they were like traveling through the south, right? So this big redneck cop pulls them over and starts hasseling them... he looks in the back and sees the big jar... so he's all "Oh I sees you hippays are samplin' some of the local moonshine?!" So then like boss hogg grabs the jar and takes a BIIIIG ol' drink off of it!!... a couple minutes later he takes his gunbelt and keys off, hands them to them and starts trippin' balls, and walks off into a field... then my boy drove the bus off and threw his keys out the window!"

this happenned to Ken Kesey and friends, i believe. not some "kid" named sketchball. seriously though, my good friend (in jail for 9 years-- 22 vials-- luv you rybo!) had access to crystal all the time,sent from cali and i actually was lucky enough to do some "raw". he eventually got set up by a junky "friend" who was covering his own ass. my friend went to phish shows all the time, toured with them sometimes. but he was more into dnb. he was your every day raver/hippie/rainbow kid, who happenned to meet up with the right(or wrong, depending..) people.
lotsa people round here are pretty close minded. not everybody who likes jambands like phish is a "groovy hippy" the whole scene has gotten more urbanized- and the people that go to these things are people who are OPEN to ALL types of music, and not people who think theres nothing out there besides electronic music. sheesh.
youse guys r cwaaazy!!

Originally posted by C21H23NO5:
interesting note though splatt, LSD is one of the only tryptamines that begins working within seconds of absorbtion. That is, effects could be noted within seconds of ingestion.
Why must you expel verbal content out of your anal opening? LSD INGESTION key word INGESTION could never be felt within seconds. Within 10min Maybe, but oral LSD could never possibly be felt within seconds. Plus since your so confident that LSD is a Tryptamine, simply proves that your ass is doin all your talking for you.
With all your posts, you never gave a single shred of evidence to support your argument that LSD is a tryptamine. I know you went to Erowid, and looked at that little 3d picture of LSD, and saw what you thought is Tryptamine chain attached to the rest of compound. Your half right, Idole is "in" there. Ahhhh fuck it. believe what you want.
By the way, LSD was in PiHKAL, not TiHKAL.
[ 05 August 2002: Message edited by: K9Unit ]