• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid story told to me by a cool hippy, must read!

hopeless_without_acid

Bluelighter
Ok this hippy I know said that once, when he was at a phish festival, him and some friends were dipping their own sheets of acid in a tent. And then the cops came in and in a panic move his buddy blew the crytal acid that was in the lid of a jar in the polices' faces and they were almost instantly reduced to babies crawling around crying not knowing where they were or wtf was going on. Just trying to see the validity of this story, and if ne1 has heard it before. Btw he said that they undressed the police and let them go off on their own to get locked up or put in the booby hatch.

COMPLETE bullshit.
Anyone who has access to crystal LSD would not be at a phish festival first of all.
Second, they would not waste it by blowing it in some ones face.

plus there's a saturation point with LSD where you can get no higher, it's about 800mcgs or maybe 15 hits of today's acid. It takes a while for LSD to absorb and bind, too.

interesting note though splatt, LSD is one of the only tryptamines that begins working within seconds of absorbtion. That is, effects could be noted within seconds of ingestion.

By this you mean you could start tripping seconds after swallowing a tab?
Do you know of that happening to anyone? Ever, like? I note that you say 'could' ..but still????

Originally posted by Crimson Cloud:
COMPLETE bullshit.
Anyone who has access to crystal LSD would not be at a phish festival first of all.

why not? many former deadheads
would follow phish around, and i know some that have access to all sorts of interesting things.
although i think this story is bull because if they were laying sheets they wouldn't have the crys sitting in an open jar lid sitting on the floor of a tent. they would have dissolved it into the 151 bacardi or everclear then put the crys away.
also if they were laying sheets in a tent wouldn't they have a lookout looking for approaching danger? also it seems like a tent wouldn't be a good place to be dealing with this kinda stuff anyway , to easy to accidentally spill crys or liquid

^^^Becuase a person with access to crystal LSD is likely to be an experienced organic chemist or a close friend of one, and not some far-out hippie dude that follows phish around because they're so groovy man! Furthur more, such a smart person would not subject themselves to such a high risk situation, and they would never tell someone such a stupid fucking story.
And to buscuit.biter, i have started feeling effects within a minute of taking very large doses of LSD, and was tripping hardcore after 5 minutes.
[ 29 July 2002: Message edited by: Crimson Cloud ]

I was just stating that since acid is active at such low levels (mcgs) that it would be very possible (wouldnt it) to trip off of a large dose very quickly. This was apparently back in the day too when acid flowed freely. The crystal is active when inhaled wouldnt it be? I mean it does mix with the fluids in your body eg your nose and mouth this would def be enough to make some one trip right?

Why would someone with access to crystal LSD be at a Phish festival?
Heh.
What you don't know, won't hurt you.
Night night.

whether is true or not, i am gonna believe it because it is funny :)
Maybe i am dumb but, how do you 'dip' a sheet of blotter into crystals? surely the paper would absorb nothing, granted small amount of crystals might stay on the paper, but would fall off easily.
If the above is true, then perhaps they were dipping in liquid acid which would explain how the hippies had it, as it isn't as hard to get ahold of as pure crystal lsd, and perhaps of blowing crystals at the cops they throw the liquid?

.....yeah, that could of been what happen. or maybe the cop thought it was coke, and he tasted it and started tripping. or the hippies could have just been running from the cops with sheets tied to there legs, and then....... oh forget it. lets just say it all ends up with people turning into citris drinks
[ 29 July 2002: Message edited by: toastyroachy ]

I know of a **** who had a vial of L sprayed in her face while the Feds watched from the tops of rooftops.
Either you people are even stoopider than I thought, or you are underestimating both Phish-heads AND lsd.
Someone please lock this thread now.

By this you mean you could start tripping seconds after swallowing a tab?
Do you know of that happening to anyone? Ever, like? I note that you say 'could' ..but still????
I'm saying the receptors activate might quickly for a tryptamine of such structure.

to clear some things up, lsd is NOT a tryptamine, its a lysergic, which is an ergot alkaloid. it doesnt even affect the same receptors as tryptamines (its a d2 agonist, rather than 5ht2 agonist).
most lsd urban legends are false, straight up. actually, if its an urban legend about lsd, you can almost guarantee its false. it IS possible, though, because anything is possible.
method of intake affects how quickly the effects come on. inhalation and insufflation typically come on quicker than sublingual or subcatanious. and lsd does work in extremely minute amounts. i suppose if some freak decided they wanted to dry out a vial or 2 to get the crystals and snorted/inhale them, they might start tripping quicker/harder. i doubt you could start tripping balls within seconds, but you could start comming up within a few minutes.
now, if some hippies were making blotter sheets, they would have to have the crystals disolved in some sort of liquid, right? and why the hell would they be doing in in a tent, out in public, without somebody posted to watch out for the cops? at least they were smart enough to forfeit the drugs and stay outta jail.

Originally posted by Curious_George:

Either you people are even stoopider than I thought, or you are underestimating both Phish-heads AND lsd.

Werd.
I toured on and off with Phish for 5+ years.
The best tour urban legend i heard was the one that goes...
"My boy sketchy was in a bus with his mama summertime, and they had a huge mayonnaise jar full of liquid... they were like traveling through the south, right? So this big redneck cop pulls them over and starts hasseling them... he looks in the back and sees the big jar... so he's all "Oh I sees you hippays are samplin' some of the local moonshine?!" So then like boss hogg grabs the jar and takes a BIIIIG ol' drink off of it!!... a couple minutes later he takes his gunbelt and keys off, hands them to them and starts trippin' balls, and walks off into a field... then my boy drove the bus off and threw his keys out the window!"

to clear some things up, lsd is NOT a tryptamine, its a lysergic, which is an ergot alkaloid. it doesnt even affect the same receptors as tryptamines (its a d2 agonist, rather than 5ht2 agonist).
Now I'm not doubting your chemistry knowledge by any means. However I'd rather place my faith in the good Dr Shulgin, who thought LSD was enough of a Tryptamine to include it in 'Tryptamines i Have Known And Loved'
While I do not personally believe this story, it is not too hard to believe that dead heads from a phish concert could come into contact with LSD crystal. They could have been laying as little as a 1/4 of a gram, or even less. This would still produce over 2,500 hits. And most LSD operations would be selling the crystals on, in most cases they'd not be bothered laying it themselves.

I have an idea....maybe the old hippies at the Phish festival dropped a couple tabs of strong acid. They then IMAGINED that they were making stuff from crystal acid, their friends came back to their tent, they THOUGHT it was the police, and the 'police' seemed like they were tripping because their friends had, in fact, dropped some acid with them earlier, and were indeed tripping. Hell, maybe they even took their OWN clothes off.
Then there was a mighty explosion and they all woke up in bed.
"great acid" said the one...and they all shook hands and walked off into the sunset.