• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Acid Movies.

Look for a movie called The Cell. Make sure
you're trippin' before you start the movie.
It starts in the middle of the movie. No
beginning, no end. This movies fukks with
you sober. I love it.

A Nightmare Before Christmas DVD. I can't believe no one mentioned this!!!
other favorite movies are:
-Ghost in the shell (definitly cool if muted and just watch it with trance music. you can associate the trance with parts of the movie)
-fantasia 200 (i didn't think i would like it but the stories were really emotional for me, espically the flying whales, wow)
-croutching tiger, hidden dragon (most amazing music, plus like someone else mentioned, to hear another language while trippen is pretty fucked)
-belly (this hip hop movie has some awesome direction and photography and colors too. Its like one big long music video.

Somebody mentioned "The Trip" with Jack Nicholson. There are a ton of these B-grade movies that came out in the late sixties with LSD as the underlying theme. They are all completely horrible movies but funny as hell at the same time. You can find a ton of them on e-Bay. I really wouldn't recommend them to watch while tripping though.
I could have missed it but I don't think I saw Easy Rider on the list.
If you want movies in which people are really high on LSD Ken Kesey sells a few videos through his web-site chronicling The Acid Tests, Furthur Bus Trips, and late 60's and early 70's Grateful Dead shows. I would recommend "Sunshine Daydream". Part of it is from an Acid Test and part from a Grateful Dead show from 1972 near Eugene, OR. If you think raves are nuts you should watch this one. It's pretty eerie the whole band and crowd of 25,000 people are spun out of their gourd in the hills of Oregon. Good stuff.
There are a couple of Tim Leary movies out there too.
Also, there are plenty of documentaries about LSD that were made in the late sixties. There's little factual info, instead mostly myth, but again fun to watch. You can usually find these on e-bay as well.
[This message has been edited by descend (edited 05 September 2001).]

a good movie is Terror Vision, it's a 80's B-movie horror flic. they stop producing it a few years back, so it's hard as fuck to find.
ALSO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A PLACE I COULD ORDER IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

It's hard to find, and subtitled (if you can handle reading while tripping, or jsut ignore the words altogether) but it's a Japanese flick (not animated) called Tetsuo: The Ironman. It's fucking freaky as hell. Definatly a precursor to Pi (IMHO). Anything Darren Aronofski (PI, RFAD) get your hands on some old George Lucas college films, some of the creepy sci fi he did in school, that's wierd as hell (some has no dialough, others told entirely through surveilence cameras..) OH DAMN! I got a great one! Metropolis! Try to get the really fucking old one, with synced music (the new DVD has trashy crap playing, it's not even sync'ed) or the 1980's version with hairbands doign the tracks (it's actually very good!) or maybe Abyss. Such a great movie, very lucid. Well, just my 2 cents...
Oh yeah, and the_anihilator? You have fucking great taste. Jim Henson is (was) a god, or at least, a minor Diety (lol). David bowie's potato hangin out in those too tight tights in Labyrinth (belch). Brazil is pure gold. Such a great flick.
------------------
As women are bereaved, so shall your mother be bereaved amongst women.
-------------------
What You represent to them is FREEDOM
[This message has been edited by Quoin (edited 05 September 2001).]