Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Acid/1 Tab) First timel: "Best drug ever"

BishopsBishop

Bluelighter
I'm one of those poor buggers who's been waiting to get my hands on some acid for years - it's always intrigued me as a substance. I'm a fan of psychs, love my disassociatives, and smoke cannabis weekly.

A few months ago I went to a big rave with some close friends and a group of friends-of-friends. It transpired that most of the other group would be on acid for the night - so I got talking to a few of them, and scored 2 tabs the next morning before I left to go home. I'd been waiting for a nice sunny day to enjoy my first acid trip, and Monday seemed perfect!

487349_10151745148085191_1345421085_n.jpg

I'd been lounging around in the sun all day (our first day of lovely weather in a long time) and smoking some nice weed. I invited an old friend of mine over - my oldest friend, infact - and we sat and smoked together and played some Playstation. At one point, I turned to him and said "So Joe, how do you feel about doing some acid today?". He too had wanted to try it, and was waiting for his opportunity. It didn't take us too long to agree that today was the day.

17:30
As advised by the interwebs, we popped a tab each under our tongue, and held it there for 20 minutes. That's a lie - it's impossible to keep a tab sat calmly under your tongue, it forces it's way around the bottom of your mouth and you struggle with it constantly. I settled for leaving it on my upper right gum. We skinned up a few spliffs whilst we waiting to ingest the acid, and swallowed the tabs after 20 minutes.

17:50
Our supply list was interesting - all we really wanted to ensure that we had with us was music. Neither of us had eaten anything that day, so I decided I'd grab a little box of mints for the journey - Joe found this a stupid idea. I had my nice big headphones with AUX-out for sharing music in 2 sets of headphones, but Joe forgot his like a muppet.

18:00
We reach our first destination: the outskirts of a little wooded park area. The warm sun made the day absolutely beautiful - overgrown areas of trees and foliage were an ideal setting. We hadn't foreseen so many dog walkers around, but that didn't bother us too much.

18:15
We were sat on a bench overlooking a nice big pond in the middle of the park. I'd noted minutes before that I felt a tad "different", but I couldn't place my finger on why, specifically. By this point, we were both seriously time dilated. We felt like we'd been gone for almost an hour, and were shocked to find we'd only left 25 minutes prior. Tat could just be our anticipation for what was to come, however.

18:30 (supermarket, started come up)
Having lounged around and smoked a joint or two in various fields and parks, we decided we were hungry and thirsty, and that we'd make a quick trip to the supermarket to get some more sensible supplies. Note: beside Joe's cynicism, the mints were enjoyable. The second we entered and the automatic doors slid open in front of us, a 'wave' hit me, and I started to feel that I was under the influence. I noted this to Joe straight away, and he shared the same sensation. I don't really recall going and picking out what we wanted to eat and drink (although we did decide Capri Sun's was a great shout on the way there) but I do remember standing at the Self Checkout and sharing a laugh that we were coming up on acid and buying snacks in public.

18:40
We made our way to a nice open field near the supermarket to snack on the sweets we'd bought. Leaving the shop, I remarked at how childish we looked: two 20 year old men giggling leaving a supermarket with a bag full of sweets and kid's drinks. We found a nice bench and sat down and shared a few laughs: that tends to be what me and Joe do, make eachother laugh. It was far easier with such a nonchalant attitude towards life.

We agreed that time was definitely slower right now, we'd both thought it to be at least 19:30 by now.

18:50 (back to radford)
We decide to hear back to Radford Park and lie down somewhere nice and enjoy another spliff and some music. When we got there, several dog walkers would pass by and a dog or two would come and greet us: we laughed at the silly faces of the bulldogs and tried to avoid the dogs who'd just had a paddle in the river. At this point, we were both a little disappointed that we were yet to notice any visuals: just a greater sense of finding things beautiful. I'd taken a few photos during the day just to capture some nice moments to remember it by: and see if our surroundings were as gorgeous as we'd perceived. Here's one of them:

AtfKZisCEAA38qB.jpg:large

19:15 (approx) (leaving for home)

We decided to make our way back to my house: my family would probably not be home, and we could just sit back in the garden and relax. We were both in good spirits on our return home, but that changed when my mum greeted us. This was our first awkward i-swear-im-not-on-acid encounter, and we didn't like it one bit. We were beginning to peak at this point, and my mum was angry at me for not having made her dinner - which apparently I'd agreed to do. She could tell I wasn't sober and questioned me as to "what I had been smoking". I fobbed her off saying that we'd had a few spliffs (something I wouldn't usually admit to) and this pissed her off somewhat.

Anyway, a few minutes later I find myself trying to cook - on my own - a dish of meatballs and pasta with some tomatoe-y sauce. I had no fucking clue what i was doing. i wasn't functioning right - I felt like my nervous system had retracted into my body by about an inch. I found the ordeal hilarious. Joe came to ask if I needed help (he could tell I was struggling) and I pointed at the meatballs in the pan and said "Joe, I'm fucking frying mate, I'm doing what they're doing, I'm frying whilst frying!". We had a good laugh.

A long struggle later, dinner was made, and mum was pleased. We went outside for a cigarette.

19:50 (approx)
Sat having a cigarette, we entered an odd headspace together. Every few words we would say, we'd forget we'd said them, and felt like we'd been sat there in silence. We both mentioned we couldn't quite relax and just find our feet, mentally, and we put ourselves on edge. It was as if we couldn't just 'grab onto' a moment as it passed, and we felt a little alarmed by this. We slowly identified we were not making this easy for ourselves, and suggested we try and watch a film instead.

We went inside and tried to order a curry online (we were starving) - but when presented with a menu of things to choose from, I just had no idea how to make the choice. I just laughed loudly at the screen and mocked Joe for thinking we'd be able to order a meal on acid. After a few attempts, we got it done.

20:20 (approx)
Pineapple Express was our film of choice: lighthearted and funny, and we'd both seen it before. We turned off the lights, climbed onto the bed opposite my desk (my sofa in the day, essentially) and both writhed around and tried to get comfy whilst watching the film. The sensory overload was intense: I seemed to be processing a lot of visual and auditory information. After a while, the film began to look more and more odd.

The actor's faces seemed to recede about an inch back into their skull, and at one point I could almost imagine the faces were facing the wrong way out, as if they were looking in. Parts of each scene were a little blurry with wildly exaggerated colour.

At one point, Joe said "have you actually looked at the wallpaper? it's mental". I did, and watched as the patterns on the wall warped and transformed the way it does in the movies. We were both impressed. I also noted that I had some very impressive closed eye visuals: my bright pink snapshot of what I'd last seen would show, then slowly adapt into fractaly shapes, and people and objects would appear and repeat into infinity. It was awesome.

About half way through the film, we grew tired of watching, and wanted to go and play Mortal Kombat now that the big TV in the living room was free. We love gaming - it's our first shared hobby, and we're both very competitive with eachother.

22:00 (approx) (mortal kombat)
We spent hours playing Mortal Kombat, and taking a few cigarette breaks. The shiny characters on the screen looked amazing, and we were very impressed that we were able to play.

The body is odd on acid: I could watch myself move and interact with things fairly normally, but I felt like I wasn't cognitively calculating any of it. We sat outside in the warm evening smoking cigarettes, and it was like watching someone else's hand holding the cigarette, and inhaling. Quite a lovely sensation really, I kind of miss what it feels like. I lay staring up at the stars and felt utterly content and happy about the experience: we had conquered acid together.

23:50 (approx)
My younger brother, who was incredibly stoned, came home and started to chat with us. We realised that we were far more comfortable around him than my mother, and we laughed a lot at some of the funny stuff he came out with. I can't remember exactly what story he told us, but he said something funny enough to make me cry from laughter, and it felt very special to be comfortable to do that. We eventually told him that we weren't just stoned and that we were on acid, and he was very jealous but cool and inquisitive about it.

A few hours later, Joe went home, and I climbed into bed and started listening to music and enjoying the way my body felt under the covers. At about 2am, I sent the following text to my close friends:

"Boys, today I did acid. And I swear to god, it's amazing. One of the most delightful chemicals I've ever ingested, intense and sometimes overwhelming, but hilarious the whole way. Truly it's own beast and really special, like nothing else you've experienced. You'll get to try it soon enough I'm sure, and you'll know exactly what I was talking about. And when you do, do yourself a favour as I am and listen to The Glitch Mob - Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul and tell us about how you're enjoying your first acid trip. Love you all x"

I also wrote down some notes:

"The visuals were not what I had assumed, they're very intense and they creep up on you, very morphy and transient. The shiny gloss and colour is just impossibly marvellous, unforgettable.

Nos and sex on acid must be spectacular, I can't wait to try them both."

So there we have it, I finally tried acid! And I can't wait for some more!

Last edited:
It was the perfect track to shuffle to, I'd never heard it before. Great stuff, and I can only hope that a friend down the line will do the same thing. Full circle!

Cool report! Me and my partner both shared our first trip outside in a nice park near our house. Nature tripping is something else...glad you both had a good time. It's almost time for me and the partner to trip again to :)

i love first time acid stories :)

glad you had a nice time mate!

cheers!

p.s. edit. also, awesome music! :)

Last edited:
dude this is by far the FUNNIEST post ive ever read lmao... hilarious story man... i have yet to do acid i cant find any tabs ever... but this made me literally get my fone out n start searchin... i was gunna take 3 tabs my first time but from the sound of this story ill stick to one... WHY WOULD YOU GO SEE YOUR MOM THATS CRAZY! LOL ahh awesome story man

dude this is by far the FUNNIEST post ive ever read lmao... hilarious story man... i have yet to do acid i cant find any tabs ever... but this made me literally get my fone out n start searchin... i was gunna take 3 tabs my first time but from the sound of this story ill stick to one... WHY WOULD YOU GO SEE YOUR MOM THATS CRAZY! LOL ahh awesome story man

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the read buddy! I can't recommend acid enough, and that 1 tab for me was plenty to have a great time, I'd say try that for your first time. We decided to head back home as that's where the weed was, but in retrospect we should have enjoyed the great outdoors for another hour or two. peace!

Damn fine trip reporting sir. Every time you made mention of something familiar I got a tingle in my spine. I'm very happy you had such a wonderful experience, may I recommend next time spending more time outside on a fantastic walk in mother nature? Nothing better mate.

Damn fine trip reporting sir. Every time you made mention of something familiar I got a tingle in my spine. I'm very happy you had such a wonderful experience, may I recommend next time spending more time outside on a fantastic walk in mother nature? Nothing better mate.

Recommendation taken on board - this weekend I'm going camping with 5 or 6 friends in a lovely forest! I'll let you know how we get on :)

Excellent review mate. Makes me wanna try some right now lol. I will def be on the look out for acid in the future.

I didn't read through the report yet (I will) but the title of it struck me as characteristically "first-time LSD" impression.

Thanks for it and will follow up after I get through it.

Nice trip report. LSD on a small dose is always great especially with a few joints =] Also easier to get your head back into reality the next day.

Depends on how strong the batch is,usually two tabs is what gets your world distorted.