View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acacia confusa info

Seph

Bluelighter
Hi there earlier today I ordered some acacia confusa root bark ,a dmt and nmt containing part of the plant, I was wondering what peoples experiences with this enthogen are like with and without and maoi and with smoking the dried powder as I've read a couple reports of effects being had with all of the above MOA's but none of them give gram amounts just in table spoons which varies extremely from person to person

I can't answer any of the oral questions I just wanted to say that spice from Acacia is different than spice from mimosa ime. It's more dark and flashy (dark as in color not heads pace as that's all on u)

^What do you mean by "flashy"?

i think by flashy you mean strobe like, would that be right? when you say darker in colours are we talking like earthy tones etc like shrooms? also ive no experience with mimosa or straight dmt so ive nothing to base the darker colours off but ill take your word for it. when you smoked it was it the straight root bark powder or did you have it extracted?

\when you smoked it was it the straight root bark powder or did you have it extracted?

You cant smoke root bark. Think of it like this if there is 1-2% dmt in the bark itself and the dose is 40-70mg in 1-2 hits, you would need to get 10X that in smoke into you in short order to trip. You would literally have to smoke half a gram of root bark in 1 hit to get a low/moderate dose... I dont think it would be possible and if it were pleasant.

Also on the color, that is related more to the types of oil in the plants. I always found MHRB to impart a yellowish color due to the oils found in the plant. As far Acacia confusa... I gave up after excessive defatting steps still yielded a translucent goo that wouldnt recrystallize. I gave up because i can focus that energy on something not so gooey lol

I was smoking extracted dmt and by flashy I meant strob like as seph said. It lacked that fade to white geometric patterns I always got with mimosa and was lots of orange purple and green. I had good comparison of effects cause I had smoked mimosa extract a day before the acacia.

As far as extraction goes I am no master as iv only performed 3. Once with mimosa and 2 with acacia. I did a/b with naptha and a defat befor basifying. It was inconsistent I got pure white almost clear crystals the first pull by not letting my solvent sit very long but the yeild was low so I let it sit longer and ended up with goo which still smoked just fine.

I think the difference in effect comes from the extra nmt in Acacia compared to mimosa although I'm not 100% on that. All I kno is that the Acacia goo was extremely potent normally I try to break thru and get in 3 hit but this goo hit soo hard and fast it was hard to get a second hit in. I still have a kilo and a half to mess around with when I have the time so next time I am going to try to defat the goo after extraction and recrystalize with heptane.

Yeah I know the goo works, i tested it with a marquis and it tested positive for the presence of DMT. This is going to sound odd but I wasnt even doing it for the outcome i was doing it for the path to the end. Once i got something that after repeated steps didnt clean up i gave up on the project. Only so much shaking and mixing can be done before i lose the point... but my guess is my reasoning is slightly different then yours as to why we were performing such a task :)

Somehow I feel like the different effects of 'jungle spice' / xylene extraction of MHRB still have to be explained before we even proceed, though that is obviously not fair and a different perspective, parallel to it ;)

The NMT is thought to be a MAOI by some, but it is just basically a competitive one - could be that the second methyl doesn't cleave quite that readily. So that perhaps keeps MAO a little busy, but enough for oral activity? I would personally think that some other kind of RIMA is involved..

You cant smoke root bark. Think of it like this if there is 1-2% dmt in the bark itself and the dose is 40-70mg in 1-2 hits, you would need to get 10X that in smoke into you in short order to trip. You would literally have to smoke half a gram of root bark in 1 hit to get a low/moderate dose... I dont think it would be possible and if it were pleasant.

You mean five grams would be required to smoke. Definitely impossible.

Also on the color, that is related more to the types of oil in the plants. I always found MHRB to impart a yellowish color due to the oils found in the plant. As far Acacia confusa... I gave up after excessive defatting steps still yielded a translucent goo that wouldnt recrystallize. I gave up because i can focus that energy on something not so gooey lol

I wonder if the goo would be worth vaping, though, or eating with syrian rue powder or caapi tea. I imagine it would be worth examining at some point, haven't tried it myself, like you just Jurema DMT, but could consider putting on ice this one.

The smoking was only a thought , may roll a spliff of it sometime just for curiosity's sake. The oral activity I ask about I've since read a little more on it today and apparently there is the presence of some naturally occurring maoi's that may be short lived but I think the source was one of the dmt nexus threads . I'd also much prefer to do a d-limonene and vinegar extraction so it's a bit more food safe as I know the method has had success by others using it with mimosa

I wouldn't recommend smoking plain acacia without extracting it first, and even with the extract , I always found the acacia confusa stuff I made to be much much weaker than good ole mimosa hostilis/tenifloura..... The quality of Mimosa bark you get is important, it should be dark to light pinkish in color...

i'm sure there is some acacia out there that is amazing, i just have yet to find it , and i've ordered it from 3 different places before, it does work , and it even has a distinct feel to the trip compared to mimosa hostilis, just not as strong as you need..... I feel like there is an "aztec" kind of vibe to the acacia extracts I smoked and produced... whereas mimosa I would describe as more of a "universe/circus/entity" type trip.. but anything can happen and these are generalizations.

The smoking was only a thought , may roll a spliff of it sometime just for curiosity's sake. The oral activity I ask about I've since read a little more on it today and apparently there is the presence of some naturally occurring maoi's that may be short lived but I think the source was one of the dmt nexus threads . I'd also much prefer to do a d-limonene and vinegar extraction so it's a bit more food safe as I know the method has had success by others using it with mimosa

In the name of harm reduction leave out the root bark smoking but you are right about there being oral activity without needing extras. I am sure harmalas would be worthwhile in experimentation too but I remember reading the same, that it is active of itself on some level. I remember reading that the bark makes a tea which is particularly beneficial to the body which is used in Chinese medicine. I actually made a surprisingly nice DMT-tasting tea from some I was given a few years ago but in a dose too low to be psychoactive. My curiosity is reawakening and I am now looking forward to obtaining and experimenting further with this material.

Yeah I suppose as far as harm reduction goes smoking bark couldn't be too good on the lungs :L I may try an extract if it's successful and I enjoy it I may take it further and order more while it's available but as of the minute My main approch will be making it into a tea without any maoi , I just don't know enough yet about what needs to be avoid before and after the. Consumption of the likes of Syrian rye and how long for so . I'm wanting to use it to get the creative and intellectual juices flowing again before I go back to my placement . Does the tea you made taste nice? And I'd get mhrb if it were as accessible to me as the acrb . Also if it's weaker that's not nessaceraly a bad thing as this will be my first dmt experience

I imagine the goo would work with making a changa

Oh yeah as long as DMT is present in large enough quantities to get an active dose it most definitely is. I actually prepared a quantity of full spectrum (jungle spice) extract form my MHRB jugs way back in the day (2010-11) and ended up with like 8g of red gooey spice that i would just give away to people. But there was a point where i had white, yellow, and red jungle spice.

To be quiet honest dmt was never really my thing. There was a time where i had a huge abundance that no man should ever have simply because i had a contact in mexico and the price for 5 kilos was the cost of 1 now, as i eluded to before i just like "working with my hands" ;) But I didnt really notice a difference between the 3 types i would get. I did notice the difference in taste and harshness of the smoke but other then that they all seemed to work fine, it just a matter of getting it to smoke properly.

Ah that's pretty cool do you reckon it would work if I put it onto a joint like dab or wax instead of having to infuse the actual herb making it wetter and harder to smoke ?

You cant really use a joint or a blunt, you could if you wanted to just taste the smoke and maybe get a minor head effect. The choice of carrier is pretty important because you want a loose enough material that you can get a decent amount of dmt onto it. It is also important that the carrier be easy to smoke as it is going to impart at least a decent amount of smoke so it cant make you choke.

The people I gave it too said ground up weed in a bowl and then the jungle stuff on top along with a good effort to inhale as much as possible and hold for 5 seconds worked. It may take some effort due to the impurity and extra burning matter but its definitely something worth trying. I am pretty sure when i smoked jungle i just put it on some weed in a bong to ensure i got a good dose, i cant believe that was like 5 years ago 8(

This plant contains roughly 1.2% DMT/NMT if grown correctly. This means that to smoke a reasonable amount of DMT (~30-50 mg), you would have to smoke 3-5g of root bark, preferably in one hit. That's a lot of anything to inhale, let alone all at once. In my experience, I would not smoke just powdered root bark. This sounds unpleasant, and the powder can actually coat your lungs making it difficult to breath. I wear a mask when I handle this stuff for making extractions since it is so powdery and irritating. It is very simple to extract the DMT out and can be done with a handful of supplies. The high NMT content of confusa makes it much easier to breakthrough in my opinion. It is quite enjoyable.

Consider yopo seeds. These are smokeable right out of the plant and contain DMT as well.

MAOI's are rather useless in my opinion, unless making an ayahuasca type brew. They will extend the peak of the DMT trip but from my experience, they aren't reliable, especially things like syrian rue, as nature isn't always consistent in the chemicals it produces.

Last edited: