• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abusing Benzos while Tapering

OK so I'm probably not gonna do it even though no one has given a clear reason as to why I shouldn't. I've only been on the shit for 2 months and no one who has experience with taking the same dose for a similar amount of time has given any kind of answers. The Heather Ashton manual on benzos is informative and I guess I thought that people on this site were more knowledgeable on the subject but I'm realizing now itd just a bunch of junkies relaying opinions on things they don't really know completely about.

OK so I'm probably not gonna do it even though no one has given a clear reason as to why I shouldn't. I've only been on the shit for 2 months and no one who has experience with taking the same dose for a similar amount of time has given any kind of answers. The Heather Ashton manual on benzos is informative and I guess I thought that people on this site were more knowledgeable on the subject but I'm realizing now itd just a bunch of junkies relaying opinions on things they don't really know completely about.

you have it absolutely backwards fellow. We know by anecdotal, and empirical data. I personally have over fifteen years of opiate addiction knowledge, as well as a good six years give or take of benzodiazapine knowledge. Yes it will reset your taper. Basically you will be flooding your gaba receptors again when you are actually trying to slowly take some of the clonazepam off of them. Considering the half life of clonazepam you are merely delaying the inevitable. Even after two months you will experience withdrawal, not as bad as say two years...but two months can be considered chronic use.

I can tell you from experience, that after two months if you just stop taking your kpins you are going to feel pretty shitty after about a day and a half. You are going to have some horrible rebound anxiety, maybe some dark ideation...but you really won't have as many of the physical symptoms. If you taper down you can minimize those symptoms. My firmest statement is that you should stay the course and try to taper completely. The symptoms of withdrawal I experience are nightmarish. You do not want this.

Now I am going to say something you don't want to hear. You are an addict. It doesn't matter the drug (though you will have some you prefer more, or become dependent on) you just want to get fucked up. You gotta work on this. The only way to beat the cravings is to just be real with yourself and accept that this is what it is and that you are going to need to get a little help till you can beat cravings on your own.

good luck....hope shit goes swell for you.

Thank you. I do realize my addiction problems as I have said before and I am working on them. I'm sorry if I sounded like a douche I just felt like I might as well have asked a group of bar heads than post here, but your answer proves to me that this site does have some useful users. I have enough, so going cold turkey isn't really a problem. I'm just home for the holidays and felt the need to use them but I guess with support from my doc back where I go to school and my friends who've dealt with similar things I'll figure it out. But damn fuck benzos

I just broke my taper and took 17.5 mgs of Valium .. But it's an attempt to quit opiates so there's a reason .

Thank you. I do realize my addiction problems as I have said before and I am working on them. I'm sorry if I sounded like a douche I just felt like I might as well have asked a group of bar heads than post here, but your answer proves to me that this site does have some useful users. I have enough, so going cold turkey isn't really a problem. I'm just home for the holidays and felt the need to use them but I guess with support from my doc back where I go to school and my friends who've dealt with similar things I'll figure it out. But damn fuck benzos

you don't fuck benzos benzos fuck you in the end i'm afraid
life saver when used properly but trust me trying to resist benzos is like....
the hottest female in a bar during last call coming up to you and saying let's go f....i mean....how do you turn it down?

you don't fuck benzos benzos fuck you in the end i'm afraid
life saver when used properly but trust me trying to resist benzos is like....
the hottest female in a bar during last call coming up to you and saying let's go f....i mean....how do you turn it down?

Yeah or a hotshower on a cold day and not having to get out while your blasting some badass shower tunes to sing along too. That kinda relief.

my doc cut me down to 30mg temazepam and .5mg xanax x3 a day. I am feeling pretty freaking gnarly right about now.

Yeah or a hotshower on a cold day and not having to get out while your blasting some badass shower tunes to sing along too. That kinda relief.

my doc cut me down to 30mg temazepam and .5mg xanax x3 a day. I am feeling pretty freaking gnarly right about now.

my real journey started with temazepam many moons ago i foolishly didnt do any proper research i fucked up by going to the doc for my hellish insomnia
he put me on tema 15mg a night and i thought about time, but little did i know what was in store for me
fukn docs are so quick to toss out pills and not give you proper info

why its always good to research your doc as not many have the proper knowledge when giving out benzos
most of the time they go based on what you suggested