• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abusing Benzos while Tapering

kittyman96

Greenlighter
Ok so I have been trying to taper off benzos just because I have only been on them for a short time (about 2 months) and I fear that staying on them is just gonna fuck me over in the long run just with tolerance and my own problems with drugs (especially benzos). So basically I was just wondering what happens when you fuck up and abuse them while in the tapering process. I take clonazepam and have gotten down to 1mg a day (from 3mg a day). I was just wondering if I were to abuse the kpins a couple times during my taper would that mess everything up? Would I experience extra withdrawals, even though I feel pretty stable on 1mg which Ive been on for a little over a week. Or what do you think could possibly happen.

well all your'e gonna do is reset the taper
stick to your taper plan and shit 3 mg down to 1 mg you should feel accomplished
just keep going man trust me the pro's don't outweigh the cons when it comes to benzos

no disrespect but its common sense
again the pro's of benzos are only good for a short run never a long run

I really do not see the common sense of it all seeing as benzos are complex when it comes to half-lives and tolerance. I have abused the scripts and havent really taken 3mgs daily, I just say that because I would finish a script whithin a month for 3mgs a day (most days taking 2mgs or 1.5mgs, and others alot more). I dont really know the true science on it and am to afraid to discuss it with my doc for obvious reasons, so I have just assumed that I should follow a taper plan for 3mgs a day. I am doing this tapering shit all on my own (havent told the doc in part because I was abusing the script) and just feel like everything is a guessing game at this point. I feel like I need to chill the fuck out (origional reason why they gave this shit to me in the first place) and I was wondering if I were to take 4.5mgs, then 1.5 the next day, and go back to the 1mg dose, will I be in any danger. Will the taper be fucked up? Like I dont see how abusing it one time on the taper would be cause for a complete restart of the tapering process. Calculated that if I do that I will have consumed approx. 1.8 (lets say 2mg) daily (in the past couple weeks) so Idk if that has anything to do with anything.

do you honestly think you can take 4.5mg then 1.5mg the next then 1mg the day after?
shit....unless you have a strong will power and can have it down to a perfect science by all means

i know i couldnt do that, i would confuse the fuck outta myself if i tried to do that
better yet i dont know anyone that can, so more kudos to you sir

well Ive been kinda doing it like that since I got the script. I mean the doc gave me an ungodly amount of this shit and I constantly have it next to me and dont abuse it regularly. I'm not trying to discount my addiction problems, I am just saying I think I do have the will power, I was just wondering if there was any science behind it saying that it would be safe or dangerous or if it would and how it would effect the tapering process.
Does anyone with real knowledge or experience on the subject know?

I agree with deos! From experience it set u back just like taking opiates during opiate wd will lengthen the time u have wd symptoms. It'll make u feel better at first but u gotta pay the bill in the longrun just like with all drugs. Just go back to ur taper and keep on keepin on, ur getting there bro but it just takes soooo long with benzos cause u gotta be careful! Good luck and god bless!!!

no need to get salty i have my fair share of addictions just like anyone else here
i just know for a fact while doing a taper whether it be benzos or anything else you need to stick to the game plan
better question are you sure you wanna taper? doesnt seem like it to me...sounds like you are waiting for someone to approve or.... you'rewaiting for someone to tell you it's ok
no different with me and my alcohol addiction why do a taper then go right back to drinking the same amount as before? what would be the point?

I agree with deos! From experience it set u back just like taking opiates during opiate wd will lengthen the time u have wd symptoms. It'll make u feel better at first but u gotta pay the bill in the longrun just like with all drugs. Just go back to ur taper and keep on keepin on, ur getting there bro but it just takes soooo long with benzos cause u gotta be careful! Good luck and god bless!!!
well put brother

i must admit i fucking love benzos, if i could pop them shits like candy everyday i would ...but i dont
i know the end results
and the longer period of time you take benzos it will damage the gaba receptors meaning months or years after you completely stop you're still gonna issues to deal with as opposed to getting shit under control right now and be done with it

benzo WD is not a joke by any means

again 3mg to 1 mg kudos

Yea like I said I acknowledge my addiction problems and I agree with you that I am just waiting for some kind of approval (even though I'll probably just end up doing it anyways). Sorry if I sound salty I just have been feeling the need to get fucked up for a while and I get a little cranky when I do not get straight, backed up, answers. I do wish to taper just cause I dont want to be on this shit for life but obviously I know that at my core I still wanna abuse the shit. Maybe thats why Im doing it in the first place seeing as not even 12mgs (when I took it last month) felt like 2mgs of xanax when I had no tolerance. But whatever I guess its something I have to figure out myself.

your reply brings truth to my claims of you not being able to handle what you suggested
addiction is a bitch i know it all to well
i dont mean to be an asshole but its the dirty truth and shit honestly if i didnt hear what i wanted to hear i would do it anyway also but this is a HR site
i can show you sources and study's all day but really....you should use info like that as a guesstimate because we're all not the same

guess it's your choice on what you wanna do again, i know if you continue to use high doses its not gonna end well it never does
all you're doing is prolonging the hellish nightmare of what benzo WD really is...maybe ask yourself are you ready for that?

better yet ask yourself ....what if one day or days i cant get my daily fix?...then what ?

Would you be able to either pm me or post those sources here cause I can't find shit and I've been looking all over the internet and can't find shit. Read the Ashton Heather's manual and it doesn't really say anything especially about benzos use of about a month or two. It's either years of use or little use , no real middle ground.

Yea like I said I acknowledge my addiction problems and I agree with you that I am just waiting for some kind of approval (even though I'll probably just end up doing it anyways). Sorry if I sound salty I just have been feeling the need to get fucked up for a while and I get a little cranky when I do not get straight, backed up, answers. I do wish to taper just cause I dont want to be on this shit for life but obviously I know that at my core I still wanna abuse the shit. Maybe thats why Im doing it in the first place seeing as not even 12mgs (when I took it last month) felt like 2mgs of xanax when I had no tolerance. But whatever I guess its something I have to figure out myself.

maybe someone will post the answers you need
i know i wont.... what for?

So I only get this urges to abuse benzos when I am sober. If i smoke weed, I feel no need to use benzos and even get excited about getting the shit out of my life. I made the decision to taper due to the mindset that weed gives me (thank you mary jane). But I guess my marijuana addiction is something I will have to address myself, however, I find it weird how its like night and day when it comes to my urges to abuse (or even take for medical purposes) benzos. Like weed makes me just so present in the moment that I do not see how being mind erased would help anything.

listen I am tapering from a multi year benzo use habit. I was on 8mg xanax. It is equipotent in strength to clonazepam...but is much faster acting and hard hitting. It is absolute misery. I know it is not what you want to hear, but my taper plan didn't work. I am going to my doctor today to get a more realistic approach to this because my brain is so fuzzy and I can't hardly think of anything.

I would highly suggest you follow a taper plan and then just get rid of what you have left. These things can really mess with your gaba receptors and those do not heal quickly if at all. be careful.

It sounds like you're making a ton of excuses that contradict statement posted right before . I'm tapering Valium from 30-40 mgs daily for 3-4 months I'm down to 1.5 mgs every other day or every 3 days , that's equal to .15 mgs kpin and you still don't feel 100% so you convince yourself whatever you want but klonopin is supposedly one of the worst benzos to withdrawal from other than Xanax , I think it's worse cause it's longer but still very intense like Xanax . Bro id taper down immediately to .5 mg daily , maybe .25 spread out twice a day. If you wanna take 4 mgs one day for fun you gotta take a 2-3 days break in between binge and taper let your brain heal as much as it can and get into wd befor taking it , even that would just barely minimize the outcome of the binge , it's up to you

It sounds like you're making a ton of excuses that contradict statement posted right before . I'm tapering Valium from 30-40 mgs daily for 3-4 months I'm down to 1.5 mgs every other day or every 3 days , that's equal to .15 mgs kpin and you still don't feel 100% so you convince yourself whatever you want but klonopin is supposedly one of the worst benzos to withdrawal from other than Xanax , I think it's worse cause it's longer but still very intense like Xanax . Bro id taper down immediately to .5 mg daily , maybe .25 spread out twice a day. If you wanna take 4 mgs one day for fun you gotta take a 2-3 days break in between binge and taper let your brain heal as much as it can and get into wd befor taking it , even that would just barely minimize the outcome of the binge , it's up to you

this...you do not want to end up with the withdrawal symptoms I have.