• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abuse/withdrawal symptoms?

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
These past few days I've been taking more than the recommended dose of Gabapentin and Tramadol for my back as its been hurting more than usual. I'm nearly out of Gabapentin and I wish I'd realised sooner. so I dramatically lowered my dose so I didn't just end up without any atall. Going from 8-10 a day to 1. And I've been taking between 10-12 Tramadol a day, now I know this is dangerous, I'm aware the seizure threshold and addictive properties. So please spare the lectures on that. Anyway, my concern is this, the past few days I seem to have caught a cold/virus or something. Bad cough etc. But I'm not a guy to sweat much atall. I've had beads of sweat literally dripping off my forehead, is this just a coincidence that I've changed my dose and gotten ill at the same time? Or have my dose changes and my higher than normal doses given me withdrawal and/or abuse symptoms? I can't seem to figure out any sort of straight answers from the search engine so I thought I'd ask people of some experience. I am moderately concerned.
Any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Just a quick update. I also seem to be going very very cold now and then. And then eventually to hot a sweating again. My temperature is 38℃. I also feel very weak. I don't knowing any of this is relevant. But I thought I'd add it just incase it is.

The cough, fever, and chills sound like a virus/respiratory infection. When you cough are you bringing up sputum? If so is it discolored?

Gabapentin withdrawal doesn't usually present like traditional opiod withdrawal. It has a few of the same attributes (namely RLS and anxiety/depression). The only way to really know if it's withdrawal is to take more gabapentin and see if your symptoms disappear.

Barring that, take Tylenol/Ibuprofen for the fever, DXM for the cough, and stay hydrated/rest. If your fever/cough persists or worsens seek medical attention.

I don't have enough Gabapentin left really. Only around four left and then that's the end of my prescription for those. The sweating has settled. The coughing is the same. I've been taking paracetamol Tramadol and naproxen which are my normal daily meds. I've been using Benzocaine spray for my throat and cough sweets too. My temperature is still high. I struggle with sleep at night as it is, so this fever or infection doesn't help atall. I can't seem to rest easily. I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing an call the doctors asap. Thank you for your advice.

I forgot to add sometimes I don't bring up any mucus it's just dry as hell and makes me wretch. Sometimes vomit quickly follows.

Sounds like a respiratory virus. Definitely call your doctor in the morning. Not sure what OTCs you have on hand but diphenhydramine, doxylamine, phenibut, promethazine, etc. can all help with sleep as well as decrease mucus/secretions. DXM (Robitussin DM, Delsym,etc.) Will help suppress cough if you've got it. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank you. I got my hands on some robitussin. Although now I'm coughing up brown/redish mucus. Definitely going to the doctors in the morning. Never had my chest feel this bad before.

Been to the doctors. I do have a chest infection I have been given a weeks worth of amoxicillin. Here's hoping it clears up soon. Thank you for the advice.

Is it still okay to use cough suppressants? Surely I don't need to cough up the bad stuff because the antibiotics will kill all of that? Because it's so much to cough, I'd rather I didn't have to.

It's best to expectorate it if you can. The antibiotics will treat the infection but will not clear the mucus caused by it. Best to save the suppressants for nighttime so you can sleep and try to get the phlegm up during the day if able. Drink lots of fluid to help this.

Is it still okay to use cough suppressants? Surely I don't need to cough up the bad stuff because the antibiotics will kill all of that? Because it's so much to cough, I'd rather I didn't have to.
If you have a productive cough, the mucous should be expelled so an expectorant syrup would benefit you. Cough suppressants are meant for dry coughs where no phlegm is involved. This is my experience though, you should check with your physician to be sure. Hope you feel better soon!

Are you still fighting a virus/infection? Still having headaches and chest pain?

Still having WD symptoms?... May I suggest Loperamide? ... Has worked absolute miracles for me and many of my friends. Get to feeling better soon!

Thanks for your concerns. I've finished my antibiotics and I'm loads better, however. I'm still coughing up mucus. Not brown/bloody, but mucus none the less. I have so many appointments At the doctors just lately for my back and my mental health, that I feel like a huge nuisance making even more appointments. Turns out I was having minor Tramadol withdrawal, but since I've gotten more Tramadol and lowered my dose to a more appropriate one.

Oh god antibiotic you know they kill all the good bacteria like the ones you have after birth and once their gone their gone