• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

A year without MDMA and weed.

I know right. fuck that , cannabis wds don't even come closer to the AGONIZING PAIN THAT IS OPIATE WD. I've never been through cannabis wd tho, if that even exists.... xd NZN

Why are you gate keeping withdrawal and pretending that because weed withdrawal isn't as severe as opiate withdrawal that it doesn't exist? This guy is suffering and you're dick-sizing about withdrawal severity for no apparent reason except to stroke your own ego. I've had to cold-turkey off H multiple times but I wouldn't tell someone their suffering doesn't matter because mine was worse because it accomplishes nothing. When you were in opiate withdrawal, if someone told you to man up because it's not as bad as benzo withdrawal would that have helped you?

Why are you gate keeping withdrawal and pretending that because weed withdrawal isn't as severe as opiate withdrawal that it doesn't exist? This guy is suffering and you're dick-sizing about withdrawal severity for no apparent reason except to stroke your own ego. I've had to cold-turkey off H multiple times but I wouldn't tell someone their suffering doesn't matter because mine was worse because it accomplishes nothing. When you were in opiate withdrawal, if someone told you to man up because it's not as bad as benzo withdrawal would that have helped you?
im not gonna answer to that seriously. weed wd...mhmm what a joke ?

hmm I doubt the drugs have anything to do with your problems. Has your doc tested your thyroid? I am sorry your going through this! But there is always hope!
this, i dont think what OP is experiencing is related to him quitting weed. It could be a combination of factors, some other medical issue, etc. BUT cannabis wds??? PLEASE....

It iz ztill. morphine and MDMA

hahaha you think MORPHINE withdrawals were bad?? does morphine even have withdrawal symptoms? XD haha, cold turkey off carfentanyl and then you can start talking about withdrawals. imagine thinking morphine withdrawal is anything other than mildly unpleasant hahaha

hahaha you think MORPHINE withdrawals were bad?? does morphine even have withdrawal symptoms? XD haha, cold turkey off carfentanyl and then you can start talking about withdrawals. imagine thinking morphine withdrawal is anything other than mildly unpleasant hahaha
all opiate wds are bad, even codeine wds can be a beast if u take it for certain amount of time on moderate doses xp.

I wasn't dicksizing by thr way, im just talkinf about FACTS.

I wasn't dicksizing by thr way, im just talkinf about FACTS.

No, you weren't talking "FACTS". Cannabis withdrawal is a legitimate syndrome that is recognized by medicine and pharmacology at large - FACT. When you deny it's existence for no apparent reason other than to brag about how you've gone through morphine withdrawal, unintentionally or not it's completely unhelpful to the OP - FACT. You denying the existence of cannabis withdrawal is you saying that your opinion goes against the medical literature and the research.

No, you weren't talking "FACTS". Cannabis withdrawal is a legitimate syndrome that is recognized by medicine and pharmacology at large - FACT. When you deny it's existence for no apparent reason other than to brag about how you've gone through morphine withdrawal, unintentionally or not it's completely unhelpful to the OP - FACT. You denying the existence of cannabis withdrawal is you saying that your opinion goes against the medical literature and the research.
youre totally right. I was wrong mister, indeed it exists. But only a weakass guy would suffer from cannabis wd. zi used to smoke tons of cannabis and onr day i decided to quit entirely. Didnt feel anything apart from some mild apathy and tiredness. that was it.Even codeine has worse wds. The OP should just MAN UP and go through it, its not the end of the world.

youre totally right. I was wrong mister, indeed it exists. But only a weakass guy would suffer from cannabis wd. zi used to smoke tons of cannabis and onr day i decided to quit entirely. Didnt feel anything apart from some mild apathy and tiredness. that was it.Even codeine has worse wds. The OP should just MAN UP and go through it, its not the end of the world.

"have you tried like not being addicted to drugs?" your mentality has no place in this sub forum. I can't tell if you're genuinely stupid or just have a fragile ego that you placate by insulting people for no reason. Maybe both?

"have you tried like not being addicted to drugs?" your mentality has no place in this sub forum. I can't tell if you're genuinely stupid or just have a fragile ego that you placate by insulting people for no reason. Maybe both?
OHMYBAD, i forgot i was in the recovery forum. DAM dude sorry, i've been spending too much time in the lounge and shit. I've been researching and yes indeed, you were right cannabis has withdrawal symptomps, they aren't as bad as opiate withdrawal of course but for some people it's sometimes easy to deal with(depends alot on frequency of usage,how many years u've been smoking,etc etc just like other drugs).Now every single person is different and some of em are more succeptible to suffer more anxiety from MDMA or weed after discontinuation).My bad srsly jokes aside, i was being a jerk for nothing, i apologize.It's stupid to compare myself to other people, maybe when i discontinued cannabis nothing happened but for OP he's having a hard time. Sorry Rio Fantastic, i was high as hell when i wrote those things, i know it's stupid to try to justify what i said. But keep in mind i was intoxicated, anyways hope OP gets better with time, I'd recommend doing exercise,taking supplements, eating well, try to sleep at least 8 hrs everyday(if he can't a lil bit of gabapentin would help, it also works well for anxiety.My psych Rx'd me gaba for anxiety as needed it works wonders.) or something more natural like valeriana.OP, you can do this, don't worry there's nothing time can't heal, i'm not trying to dicksize but i've been in worse situations(i had some vascular/circulatory problems from iving too much coke and it got well with time and medication) so don't give up. Regards, NZN

I did not want to start an argument here. I've just been struggling with these symptoms and the catalyst was when I was quit weed. I don't actually think the weed had anything to do with it but the Molly does. My doctor actually thinks my adrenal function is impaired from it. Images of the small adrenals above your kidney showed them to be inflammed. So I might have found what's going on.
As for people coming down or weening off drugs. Can we not try to compare I'm not saying my withdrawals were as bad as someone coming off of a opiate but being a dick is not called for. Let's be adults here.

OHMYBAD, i forgot i was in the recovery forum. DAM dude sorry, i've been spending too much time in the lounge and shit. I've been researching and yes indeed, you were right cannabis has withdrawal symptomps, they aren't as bad as opiate withdrawal of course but for some people it's sometimes easy to deal with(depends alot on frequency of usage,how many years u've been smoking,etc etc just like other drugs).Now every single person is different and some of em are more succeptible to suffer more anxiety from MDMA or weed after discontinuation).My bad srsly jokes aside, i was being a jerk for nothing, i apologize.It's stupid to compare myself to other people, maybe when i discontinued cannabis nothing happened but for OP he's having a hard time. Sorry Rio Fantastic, i was high as hell when i wrote those things, i know it's stupid to try to justify what i said. But keep in mind i was intoxicated, anyways hope OP gets better with time, I'd recommend doing exercise,taking supplements, eating well, try to sleep at least 8 hrs everyday(if he can't a lil bit of gabapentin would help, it also works well for anxiety.My psych Rx'd me gaba for anxiety as needed it works wonders.) or something more natural like valeriana.OP, you can do this, don't worry there's nothing time can't heal, i'm not trying to dicksize but i've been in worse situations(i had some vascular/circulatory problems from iving too much coke and it got well with time and medication) so don't give up. Regards, NZN
Hey man I don't wish these problems on anyone not even my worse enemies . I do miss a good roll at a rave though but it's in the past now

You don't have to apologize to me man, its the OP you insulted. I've had weed withdrawals in the past before I got addicted to opiates and I was a little depressed, had no appetite and trouble sleeping for a couple of days, but after that I was fine. On the other end of the spectrum, I have seen people lose their minds when they run out of weed. One friend in particular was a heavy, heavy smoker, and got through 3.5-4 grams a day, easily. Me & him and a couple of others went on holiday for a week and due to his poor planning and lack of self-control he ran out on our fifth day, two days before we were flying home. He completely lost his shit after that. He was OK at first, but as the first day without weed progressed he got more & more irritable and would start snapping at us over absolutely nothing, being really short & rude with waiters and people working retail at the shops we were in, and even hung up on his own mother when she called.

By the evening he was getting really antsy, probably made worse by the fact that even though he had ordered food when we went out to dinner he took one bite of it and then couldn't stomach anymore as he had 0 appetite (bear in mind the guy had been out-eating us the whole trip till this point). On the way back to our hotel, he checked the weather forecast for the next day on his phone and found out that it was going to rain and he went ballistic. He was just ranting at first - "Oh, well that's just fucking fantastic isn't it!? That's just what we need, a grey, rainy & miserable day. Might as well have stayed fucking home. Fucking brilliant" etc. When my friend suggested we could just find something to do that was indoors he turned on him as well - "like what?! Like what?! Lets hear your great suggestion! you don't have one? Then why are you opening your fucking mouth if you haven't got anything useful to say?". At this point we all told him he was being ridiculous & out of order and needed to calm down, at which point he just turned and left. We had no idea where he was going but at that point we didn't really care - it was actually a relief to be rid of him, for a while since his toxic mood had been really ruining the vibe (I found out weeks later that he had left to try and buy weed on the street, but had been unsuccessful).

We didn't see him again till late that night when we were all getting ready for bed. We asked him where he'd been, and he just said he'd been for a walk and that he was fine. That night, we were woken up a couple of times by him coming in and out of the bedroom, and when we woke up the next morning we found him pacing around outside smoking cigarettes. Turned out despite trying multiple times he hadn't been able to sleep at all for the entire night. That day (which wasn't raining in the end) we went to the beach first to surf, and he hardly said a word all the way to the beach. The whole time on the beach while we were having fun he complained that he was bored and asked when we could go to see the zoo, which was our next destination. We eventually got so sick of him complaining we left the beach even though the 3 of us were having fun and would have happily stayed there an hour or 2 longer. We get to the zoo, and had been walking round for half an hour, the 3 of us all having a good time, laughing & joking as we looked at the animals with him trailing behind us not saying a word. Suddenly out of nowhere he says "You guys are so FUCKING BORING! Is this your plan here then, just walk around and look at the animals and talk to each other and make jokes?! Is that it!? You guys are fucking pathetic! I'm fucking GONE!" We were all baffled as we watched him walk away, but again we didn't try to stop him since it was a relief to be rid of him.

When we got back later that night we were surprised to find all of his stuff had gone. We tried to call him but couldn't get through, and were all confused as to what had happened. We started to get a little worried as the night went on, but we figured he'd turn up the next morning since we had a plane to catch and we still had the tickets. We woke up the next day and there was no sign of him. We waited at the hotel for him to show up, getting more worried as the time to leave drew closer. Eventually, his sister called us, explaining that he was already home. We were again dumbfounded. She explained that he had gone to the airport yesterday to catch a last-minute flight (which cost him around $1400, by the way) and had turned up at her house in the middle of the night begging her for some of her weed, which she had given him. As soon as he was high he had explained to her how stupid he had been, and then at some point had passed out on her sofa, where he still was as she called us. She had tried to wake him up but hadn't been able to - remember that before that he hadn't slept at all for going on 2 days.

When we were back home and next saw him he was ashamed and couldn't apologize enough, and bought us all gifts and took us out to dinner to apologize, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't all see him in a different light after that ordeal.

tl;dr: weed withdrawal makes some people go fucking insane.

Old thread, I know, but I just wanted to weigh in here about cannabis withdrawal. It may be uncommon, and it may not happen to everyone, and out of the people it does happen to most of them might not be that affected by it... But if you are susceptible to it, dear lord it is awful. I was utterly convinced it simply didn't exist as well, and if it did it wasn't 'real' withdrawals, maybe some psychological unpleasantness but nothing serious. I have constant access to however much extremely high quality bud I want for free, so I've on and off been a heavy pot smoker for years and never had any kind of WD or anything, up until recently. I'm going through cannabis WD right now and it fucking suuuuucks.

I was smoking up to maybe 10g a day every day for probably like 6 months, to help me taper off benzos and opiates, then to get me through the subsequent withdrawals from them, and I tried to go a day without weed recently (not necessarily intentionally, I was just out doing stuff and not even thinking about weed), came over all nauseous and trembly, body aching, unbelievable headache, sweaty and clammy, so irritable I was road raging and trying not to bite strangers' heads off for every tiny thing, had diarrhea, kept nearly breaking into weeping fits... I legit thought the opiate withdrawals were back, like I actually panicked and wracked my brain trying to figure out if I could've accidentally been taking any hidden opiates somehow without realizing, coz I'm 5 months clean. The idea that it was cannabis withdrawal didn't even cross my mind, after all, weed doesn't have any withdrawal right, what a stupid idea. Went home, vaped some weed, immediately better. This happened again the next few days and I put it together: the only thing I was using was weed, the only time I felt like that was when I hadn't smoked for a while, the only thing that made it better was smoking more weed - It's fucking weed withdrawal! So I decided I'ma stop right then, but it was like a constant panic attack, godawful pain, surges of uncontrollable rage, no appetite, couldn't sleep, couldn't think or plan or motivate myself, couldn't even cum. Compared to opiate withdrawal? Pretty fucking similar man! Maybe less physically exhausting and with some slight variations in symptoms and sensations, but emotionally MUCH more intense and volatile.

I got some Baclofen and it's doing absolute wonders for the WDs, it's been a week now and the WDs are only a tiny bit better, I'm expecting them to last for quite some time since weed hangs around in your system for so long. But I wouldn't have even been able to make it to a week without the Baclofen. This shit is no fucking joke. You're lucky you're in the majority who isn't susceptible to it because it's easily as bad as kicking methadone and bupe were, and worse than morphine ever was. I'm only gonna take the Baclofen for another week coz no fucking way I want to get addicted to that as well, so I'm hoping 2 weeks is long enough to make the cannabis WDs bearable without it. Maybe I'll have to take alternating days off and also alternate between Baclofen and benzos (like one day Baclofen, next day nothing, third day clonazepam, fourth day nothing, fifth day Baclofen again, repeat) to make sure. About 10% of regular cannabis users experience classic physical withdrawal symptoms, nothing to do with 'manning up' or being 'weak' or whatever. I've kicked benzos, opiates, booze, amps, and cigs, I can take a fucking beating mate but this shit is right up there. Genetic lottery I suppose, but it's definitely real.

Last edited: