• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

A safe and simple way to use noids

good bump, this is an interesting thread for sure. i think OP was talking about dissolving the noid in acetone, dipping the e-cig wick into the acetone solution, then letting the acetone evap from the wick before placing it into PG just to wet the wick so that the device works properly. I don't see any issue with creating a large supply of the solution, but for each dose you would need to dip the wick then let it evap before use and it would be tougher to control the dosage so it doesn't seem like there's any advantage to preparing a bigger batch ahead of time versus doing it per dose.

good bump, this is an interesting thread for sure. i think OP was talking about dissolving the noid in acetone, dipping the e-cig wick into the acetone solution, then letting the acetone evap from the wick before placing it into PG just to wet the wick so that the device works properly. I don't see any issue with creating a large supply of the solution, but for each dose you would need to dip the wick then let it evap before use and it would be tougher to control the dosage so it doesn't seem like there's any advantage to preparing a bigger batch ahead of time versus doing it per dose.

So, by your interpretation, you'd need to weigh out (or liquid measure) a dose each time? Less sketchy than a meth pipe or foil, but still kind of a pain. I was hoping for something where I could make some juice and fill it once a week or however long a cart lasts and just casually toke whenever/wherever. I don't want to derail the thread by mentioning this, but it's been done with some synth noid somehow as noid ejuice was sold for a little while. Of course, the exact contents were not advertised, so maybe they used some highly potent chem. I was hoping that there was some co-solvent that made this reasonable to achieve a ~3mg dose. I made my own with jwh-018 and PG, but at the concentration I was able to achieve, you really had to puff for a while to get enough.

I learned a couple of things I figured I'd share. The first thing is that it really does matter what device you're using. I had originally purchased a cheap one that looked like a pen. As I said before, it would work for JWH-018, but you'd really need to dedicate some time to huffing and puffing. I just picked up a "box mod", and it works much better. The little pen was basically either on or off. The box mod can vary voltage up to 50W and you can also control the volume of airflow that mixes with the vapor. These are pretty common features, but all new to me, since I'm not a ecig smoker otherwise. I've been using it at 30 W on a 0.5 ohm coil with air flow maximized, and 3 or 4 hits is enough to feel it. Need more to get to where I'd want to be. This is an entirely acceptable dose method to me, and I am pretty exited to throw away a sketchy meth pipe in exchange for a device I can smoke on the sidewalk in front of the cops.

I won't make any fast progress, but I plan to play with the settings on the device and see what works best for me as well as trying to assess how long holding your hits impacts absorption. I may experiment in the future with the idea of getting a stronger solution by using a co-solvent that later evaporates as suggested above, but I'm still skeptical that it would stay in solution long. FYI, the solution I used was mixed months ago at 20mg/ml of PG in a hot water bath. A small amount had precipitated out as the solution was sitting at a fairly cool room temperature. I'm guessing the current solution is 15 mg/ml, but that's hardly quantifiable. The solution was dripped into a standard tank with a wick, so it should not need to be messed with until the tank empties, and even then, just refill and go.

P.S. I just noticed there's a new vaping forum here. This topic does not apply because right now vaping "RC"s are not part of the topic. I'm sure there's things to be learned over there, though.

Last edited: