• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

a REALISTIC description of LSD?

dust crawling around on the floor, the paint on the walls running downwards (or upwards if you want it to ), objects melting into other objects

Agreed. Good description.
I also vividly remember a good sign we were "frying" was our hands made very long and colorful "trails" if we brushed them across our field of vision.

Many years ago, on a few doses of "purple aliens" acid tabs, I was perplexed at the left over particles from my waffles in the syrup dancing around for hours. I laughed at this for hours it seemed like.

One of the more memorable trips I had.

Geese I was so young when I took acid I can barely remember it now days lol.
How the heck did I get a hold of it then and can't now. :| :p

"Red suns" tabs at the school pep rally was a real winner of a trip I remember also.

My first trip has been the most hallucinogenic so far. 30 min into the trip I my vision became clouded with afterimages that were not disappearing like they normally do. Then I started to feel a growing sence of very strong euphoria. Since I had only smoked weed before that point, i was mistaking it for a weed high. However, the differences for me was that it felt alot more energetic and intense. My head pounded with extreme happieness and passion. I was tripping with 5 of my friends who were also tripping and a trip sitter. When explaining this trip, i seperate it into different categories. What I saw in my mind, my perception of the world as a whole and individual things, my feelings and impulses, and the visual distortion of myself and other people.

I tripped for about 13 hours starting at 7:30 pm. The first thing that I noticed was that visions that I had seen when I closed my eyes or stared off into blank space were different. When I close my eyes sober or high on weed, I see green organic swirls. On acid, everything became geometrical but flowing at the the same time. I seen a patterns of different shapes of all different colors within eachother. And in the middle of each shape there was a combination of 4 letters or numbers in their own quadrant. If I ever got bored, i would just lay back and look at the ceiling and try to make out all of the letters and numbers that I could.

Based off of media and the internet, I expected 12 straight hours if constant psychedelia and distortion. It was nothing like that at all for me. It felt like my tripping came in different waves. Some moments I was calm and at peace, other moments I was manic and compulsive, and other moment I was just completly tripped out. The world as a whole seemed to sit completly still. It looked like I was in a virtual reality of a very intense and vibrant painting. We started tripping at sunset and we all cried from being overwhelmed with the beauty. However, I was able to make out moving patterns in every individual object that I seen. Words on posters would flow around like a lava lamp. I could make out moving patterns on things without noticable paterns like wood or water. And things with noticable patterns were simply amazing to look at. The patterns would vibrate and slowly travel across the surface of the object, like it was a video.

My friends all agreed that I had tripped the hardest and longest out of all of them that night. I was also the hardest to handle when I was going through my compulsive waves. I felt that it was extremly important that I let myself do whatever my mind felt like. I was at a very dark and depressing point in my life. Being on acid helped me become friends with myself. I felt powerful, independant and beautiful which was mainly the opposite for me. Being on acid felt like a vacation away from the dark side of myself. All of us decided to go on a walk in the woods. My tripsitter had to chase me down multiple times. I would run away to different paths because it felt so good to run and I felt so confident in being alone. At one point, I stripped my cloths off and the woods and insisted that I would tell stories. At another point, i tried to run out the house because the ceiling was seaping rainbow smoke.

My friends all looked very distorted. As the night started out, they looked absolutely beautiful. Their heads were smaller but their eyes were so big and vibrant. As the night progressed they started turning into different people. They had the same hair and skin tone, but their facial features did not resemble my friends at all which freaked me out a little, but I got use it. I thought my one friend had roses on her cheeks. I also started freaking out because I thought my other friends eyes were bleeding. Her eyes would also constantly twinkle like a star. I actually hallusinated the most about my boyfriend at the time who was also tripping with us. He turned into alot of things that intimidated me, one thing he turned into sent me off running for my life. He turned in to an animated lizard human with scales all over his skin and a long pointed tongue. At another point he became an oil painting which was actually beautiful, but later he turned into a voodoo witch doctor with deep black skin and red eyes and long dread locks. At one point when he was walking towards me, his face turned into a scary looking gas mask. The closer he got to me the harder it was for me to breath so I ran away from him. I really believe that these visions resembled how he really makes me feel. It revealed how his abusive and toxic nature really affects me. We didn't last too long after that night. Looking at myself was the trippiest and most amazing experience of my trip overall. My hands looked smaller. To make sure they were the same size, I brought my hand closer to my eyes. However, the closer I brought my hand the my eyes, the smaller it got. I would also look at my skin, i could little bumps and poors popping up and disappearing in high-definition and high-speed. I could see bugs that looked like small black grains of rice constantly crawling under my skin. My trip sitter had to remind me to not constantly scratch and pick at myself. During different waves, my skin would bulge up into mushroom or bubble up like lava.

A common reaction that I get when describing my first trip is that it didn't sound fun at all or even that it sounded scary or too much handle. I truly believe that all trips are different and taylored to fit your own mind. I have never had a trip that I could say I regret having. I have enjoyed every trip completly and thouroughly, even the parts that some people would consider scary. LDS has never presented anything to me that I couldn't handle. If anything, I feel like it takes my brain and projects it out into the world like the world was created exactly for me. It feels like I am one with the universe.

It makes me feel like a kid in the sense that everything is so new, beautiful, and magical, but at the same time it gives me a level of insight that feels far beyond my years and beyond anything anyone could experience without psychedelics. And it can also transport me, it almost feels as if I can time travel in my trips. The visuals are usually neon and opalescent, or digital looking. I like higher doses though, like 300-400ug and I also smoke weed during all my trips. A lower dose feels different but it's actually harder to describe because the effects are much more subtle. On 110ug for example you probably won't get very intense visuals but reality is definitely shifted, it's a good social tripping dose.

Last edited:
Even though this thread is super old... Without doing it, LSD is like nothing you could understand or imagine...;) Like you described, is purely subjective... IMO if your religious you could see or make religious constructs out of it, people do that often enough without psychedelics...

Even though this thread is super old... Without doing it, LSD is like nothing you could understand or imagine...;) Like you described, is purely subjective... IMO if your religious you could see or make religious constructs out of it, people do that often enough without psychedelics...

I agree. The experience is so far removed from your normal sober consciousness that after doing LSD, your perception of the world will change. Like when I look at trees now, the fractal patterns are so obvious, whereas before it just looked like a random jumble of leaves and trees. You can try to imagine what that's like all you want before trying lsd, but only once you do will you really see it. Once you experience psychedelia though, you can read some trip reports that are pretty far out there and "get" it. This is one of the few drugs where I really think that, as long as you're in good enough mental health and are mature enough emotionally to handle it, just try it! It's easy to explain the feel of things like opiates and coke but lsd and psychedelics are truly in a class of their own.

This is a story a green elephant told me while i was on a trip in india: I think it sort of makes you go to "hell" (Just to give it a name) in a way, because you need to go to the place where problems come from, to be able to see them fully from every perspective, and solve them. Its sort of an adventure, where you explore yourself, in your deepest depths, wich is why it is so intens. Its like putting a filter over your eyes, so you can see inside of your own mind, but visualize it suspended over the real world. In turn this will make you lose your sense of time and reality. The place you enter is so beautifull, and at the same time so scary, because you can see your all of your own fears and ideals filtered over the world. Whatever you see is just an amplification of what you'd already percieve it like in reality. You're forced to solve your problems by expiriencing exactly what you fear about them (For instance, if your scared of small spiders, it is because they remind you of big dangerous ones) so you'll have to get over whatever anxiety or other problem you have. By expiriencing your problem in the most intense state possible, and getting over it, you will never be afraid of your problem angain, because you've already expirienced solving your problem in your most vunerable state. (For instance after you've faced tigers, you wont be afraid of cats anymore). You'll be able to see everything from every possible perspective, because you need to get out of yourself, and in a way, into everyone else, to see their perspective. This makes you feel like you lose yourself, afterwards you'll be closer to yourself, beacause you know how it is to have your sense of self completely dissapeared. This is why it feels like your leaving the planet, and you're far away from everyone you love.You go up and away in waves, and you return to the earth the same. Its like floating in to the air, and afterwards coming back down again l, feeling more and more grounded. Afterwards you'll be psychologically destroyed, because you're still dealing with your problems, and are slowly coming to terms with your sense of reality. After three days to a week, every part of you that seemed like you lost slowly returns. Because of this it is also a fun activity to do nostalgic things in this period. Overal i would say acid has it fun moments, and it's beautifull visuals, but i found that it is mostly a though journey. You will face yourself and your problems, learning more about yourself. Because your thoughts and judgement are unfiltered, and you'll have to go with the response that fits you most, so in a way it shows you how you really are, your true colors. Much like an extreme situation would (Think zombie apocalypse/war/battlefields). But in the end i would say it was all worth it, even though i wont ever do it again. :)

I believe this was a very insightfull elephant, i had a great trip as wel :)