• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A little more energy on pure MDMA?

When you say "amphetamine", do you mean prescription amphetamines like adderall or methamphetamines?

Im not sure if you were asking me directly but I mean street speed and not perscription - In the UK and around europe we have base amphetamine, its not the same as methamphetamine.

Anything that speeds your system up will work with MDMA - caffeine is a great, legal and pretty safe one, perscription meds and then street amps will work also.

Dont forget that mixing drugs can increase the strain that your putting on your body etc

has anyone tried ritalin (Methylphenidate) with MDMA? thats about the only amph I can get a hold on... and I got some pure ass molly (along with some great qdances) coming for my next weekend, im going to a rave next weekend, and I will not like to be floored, (for that I rather stay at home)... I have not ever had pure molly, nor have ever taken a pill thats so clean that will put my ass on the floor, but I've heard ppl who has...

The Qdance pills (ATM) are strong and very clean so if you like a more uppy pill make sure you take something with them for the party (I strongly suggest caffeine before adding any other stim like chemical).

I hope you have a great time.

Remember that if your mixing stims to stay hydrated

Last edited:
has anyone tried ritalin (Methylphenidate) with MDMA? thats about the only amph I can get a hold on... and I got some pure ass molly (along with some great qdances) coming for my next weekend, im going to a rave next weekend, and I will not like to be floored, (for that I rather stay at home)... I have not ever had pure molly, nor have ever taken a pill thats so clean that will put my ass on the floor, but I've heard ppl who has...

Every single time that I've taken my Concerta (also Methylphenidate) within 24 hours of rolling, my roll has been dulled.

^srsly? I will edit my post as I always thought that ritalin would act pretty much the same as any other stim.

I had 100mgs once while ~40mgs of Methylphenidate were wearing off. Imho it didn't affect my roll too much, but still gave a lot of energy. I took the MDMA around 2 1/2h after the last dose of Methylphenidate (taken together I think it would have flatened the roll).

Please keep in mind that dopamine releasers are suspected to increase the neurotoxicity of MDMA.

Do you have ADHD?
I do and supposedly that makes my brain chemistry different than someone who doesn't have it, and I think that's why the MPH effects my roll the way that it does.

I've heard that taking Mephedrone (a "legal MDMA substitute" that you can buy online) with MDMA can make you a lot more dancy/happy/excited. I've never tried it myself, but there are quite a few posts on here about it.

Not true I assumed this one the first time I did molly (MDMA) it completely kills your roll bummer

MPH is a DRI, therefore it blocks the ability of DRAs(such as Meth and MDMA) to bind to the transporter and release Dopamine which is why it dulls out the effects of Amphs and MDMA(it actually blocks the neurotoxicity from Meth in the same way that SSRIs block the neurotoxicity from MDMA as far as I know). Alternatively taking a DRA shortly after MPH will be less effective because the receptors downregulate. I can confirm this is a practical consequence and not just theoretical.

Caffeine/energy drinks are your best bet if you really feel the need to add more energy to a roll.

In terms of caffeine, what's a good dose to take with MDMA? Caffeine pills here come in 200mg pills and obviously that's a lot of caffeine...or is it? Any advice appreciated!

MPH is a DRI, therefore it blocks the ability of DRAs(such as Meth and MDMA) to bind to the transporter and release Dopamine which is why it dulls out the effects of Amphs and MDMA(it actually blocks the neurotoxicity from Meth in the same way that SSRIs block the neurotoxicity from MDMA as far as I know). Alternatively taking a DRA shortly after MPH will be less effective because the receptors downregulate. I can confirm this is a practical consequence and not just theoretical.

Caffeine/energy drinks are your best bet if you really feel the need to add more energy to a roll.

Do you have a source for that? Doesn't sound illogical, but if it was that way, SSRIs and MDMA wasn't a dangerous combination, which it actually is.
Possibly there's not so much dopamine released in a space of time, but altogether levels should get even higher.
Also a alternative explanation (of course could go together or even be the same) for the dulling of your amph dose after taking MPH could be that you already have an increased baseline. Do you feel the same way when taking the amph first and then the MPH?

sunnycidal, depending on your typical reaction to caffeine, I'd think a good dose would be 100 mg for starters. Maybe you'll be better of with a energy drink though, as sugar increases the effects of caffeine.

^ Yeah, I usually have a Monster to sip alongside my water. Just take a gulp whenever you need a little energy.

Alternatively, you could get a 5 hour energy or similar energy shot. Half should be plenty, and since it has a quite a few other beneficial ingredients in it it's likely to help much more than a caffeine pill

This thread is from back in 2011.

But to add, pure MDMA is not very stimulating atleast not untill after the peak... Everyone is different but generally people who say MDMA is stimulating are the ones that always get MDMA itself, someone who generally eats pills that more often than not have some sort of stimulant in them, when they do try pure MDMA they find it quite flooring. Another thing to add is those people also have a DA/NA tolerance to begin with, further making MDMA more sedating. Also, people who have a bit of tolerance to MDMA won't find it as sedating as SERT tolerance builds up quicker than DA/NA tolerance.

If you want more energy, caffeine is the best bet to not interfere with the roll yet give it a bit more oomph, whilst it does increase neurotoxicity (if you want the study google search it) it is certainly safer than adding in amphetamine.

In my experience, the ones that are more "pure" make me want to just sit down and talk and hug and stuff. I had some pure stuff yesterday and I was at a rave and I didn't feel like dancing quite as much as normal. At a rave, I almost prefer it cut with meth or something like that.
Yet again, this is just from my own personal experience with myself and friends.

Yup high quality MDMA is really very much like this. My GF can remember taking MDMA back in 89-90 and it was very much like what you describe we have both had more than a few of those pills/crystal over the years (80's-90's it was almost always pills since the early-mid 2000's it seems crystal MDMA has become more available/popular). Thing is add a bit of caffeine or pseudoephedrine/ephedrine and the energy levels tend to increase substantially. Add a tiny bit of amphetamine sulfate or even less meth and they increase even more. So does the severity of the comedown. Add a bit to much prescription/illicit stimulants and you will destroy the MDMA feel. Caffine and pseudo not as much (will not destroy the MDMA high unlike amphetamine) but like anything to much will cause undesired effects to be exponentially increased.

In terms of caffeine, what's a good dose to take with MDMA? Caffeine pills here come in 200mg pills and obviously that's a lot of caffeine...or is it? Any advice appreciated!
1/2 that even a 1/4. Depends on sensitivity to both caffeine and MDMA as they synergize increasing the subjective effects of both compunds to some extent.

generally people who say MDMA is stimulating are the ones that always get MDMA itself, someone who generally eats pills that more often than not have some sort of stimulant in them, when they do try pure MDMA they find it quite flooring.

Another thing to add is those people also have a DA/NA tolerance to begin with, further making MDMA more sedating. Also, people who have a bit of tolerance to MDMA won't find it as sedating as SERT tolerance builds up quicker than DA/NA tolerance.

apparently. i have always found it quite stimulating, but another factor that diminishes the stimulating effect can be tolerance and the associated dosage increase.

btw, SERT is the serotonin transporter. serotonin is usually abbreviated as 5-HT :)

I find MDMA as in the purest crystal MDMA I have (tested with reagents etc) had not sedating exactly but your couch locked for sure and you want to touch/hug etc very tactile same as some pills back in the day so that is almost 20 years now since my first dose of MDMA. Also sleep is possible off just quality MDMA within 3-4 hours of comedown with no other additives. However the moment any sort of stimulant (even coffee/red bull) is added the opposite is true and it becomes stimulating. Even quality MDMA can, after the initial come up, become reasonably stimulating in itself but it tends to wear off after 3-4 hours and then aside from slightly elevated heart rate meh. That said over the years I've used/abused both responsibly and irresponsibly many other substances.

Last time I had purely good quality tested MDMA crystal by itself I was floored but then I hardly touch the stuff anymore. Lay on a mates couch with huge shit eating grin on my face and laughed about, well not much really. We were both fucked. Probably sedated him more as he was a meth head. It is not sedating exactly but not like you want to jump up and down like a manic maniac for hours on end. It's more like I want to hug shit talk shit maybe dance a bit. Not like bk MDMA which has got a speedy vibe (like most cathinones, also cathinone taste yuck! Not that MDMA is brilliant either) with no where near as much euphoria or empathy happening.

btw, SERT is the serotonin transporter. serotonin is usually abbreviated as 5-HT

My bad, was too high to be posting lol. I meant 5-HT haha.

200mg is a lot on itself. IF you have no tolerance, 50mg should be fine.

Do you have a source for that? Doesn't sound illogical, but if it was that way, SSRIs and MDMA wasn't a dangerous combination, which it actually is.
Possibly there's not so much dopamine released in a space of time, but altogether levels should get even higher.
Also a alternative explanation (of course could go together or even be the same) for the dulling of your amph dose after taking MPH could be that you already have an increased baseline. Do you feel the same way when taking the amph first and then the MPH?

sunnycidal, depending on your typical reaction to caffeine, I'd think a good dose would be 100 mg for starters. Maybe you'll be better of with a energy drink though, as sugar increases the effects of caffeine.

SSRIs and MDMA aren't dangerous at all in combination, I think you're confusing SSRIs with MAOIs(which are indeed a potentially lethal combination due to the induction of Serotonin Syndrome). If one takes MDMA while on SSRIs his/her roll will be dulled/completely diminished, this is a known issue and has been discussed extensively on BL. Concurently, SSRIs completely block the neurotoxic effects of MDMA if taken before it(but again, this comes at the expense of dulling and quite possibly killing the roll completely), and theoretically also provide neuroprotection if taken up to 6 hours after MDMA(although it's unclear how effective this really is. Taking an SSRI while peaking is indeed neuroprotective, but also kills the roll).

MPH works the same way with amphetamines. Here's a paper with more detail on the matter
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2701286/

Last edited: