• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few quick questions about Morning Glory

Cold water extraction is the way to go with this. Grind up the seeds and put them in a large tea bag and let it soak in a glass of cold water for 20 minutes, then throw away the tea bag with the seed mush inside and drink the water. Supposedly the stuff in the seed coating that gives you cramps isn't soluble in water, so as long as you throw away the seed mush you should be fine. The water should be a pale yellow-green color, if it's brown then you let it soak for too long. You could also add some ginger root and/or a couple drops of peppermint oil to help with nausea.

There was some guy posting a few months ago about adding fresh garlic to the water to take care of the cyanoglycosides in the seed coating, it was an interesting theory but I don't know what came of that.

LSH is obviously a thing, but if you are referring to LSA + "PEPERMINT OIL" = LSH, then that has been debunked. I so much wanted that one to be true though. If you want to have a clean LSA I have to say A/B, though if you go down that route one might as well fork over the extra cash for some Mescaline.

Yes I am aware of this, when I said LSH, I guess I meant the best current explanation provided (by ebola? perhaps?) about indications of different molecular conformation / rotation of the LSA's, catalyzed by the oil. Apparently the change experienced goes beyond the range of what is considered likely subjectively by placebo...
Anyway I mean it may still be unsure what the precise compound is or what they are, but it sounds interesting to explore at the very least.

It is not simply about money either, some things sound interesting to explore and invest in even when an extra dose of mescaline could be had for the same amount of money.

Whatever one may think the holy grail of psychedelics is, it is simply not the same getting a stock of 100 doses of that as exploring other boundaries.

--

Sekio, do you think ergotism is a proper name for what could be a result of morning glory ingestion ? Or are other compounds found in ergot that are not found in morning glories necessary for the label 'ergotism' ? Is ergotism intoxification by ergot or by lysergic alkaloids? :)

Been awhile, wonder how your trip went, OP.

the amount you stated would be effective chewed but not CWE.

LSA is defintely not just weaker LSD. Two totally different drugs. They seem related though. Like cousins almost.

I doubt the LSH thing. Has anyone actually ever succeeded with this?

A cold water extraction works OK. A low dose is worth trying I think, but it's not amazing. Seems to cause some vasoconstriction, cold feet, etc. They aren't as bad as HBWR seeds.

There are about a dozen ergoloids in morning glory seeds other than LAA, not counting alternate isomers and stuff like that; the exact number depends on seed type. And it seems like there's a lot of opportunity for these chemicals to be filtered out. This is based on both reports that state little to no side effects resulting from chemical extractions and this is also based on the solvent selectivity indications stated by the following literature. Anybody want to take a look at it?

Edit Dumbass me, the second one clearly tells you how to filter out all the other ergolines.

Genest, K. A direct densitometric method on thin-layer plates for the determination of lysergic acid amide, isolysergic acid amide and clavine alkaloids in morning glory seeds. Journal of Chromatography A. 15 February 1965, 19(3):531-9. DOI: 10.1016/S0021-9673(01)99495-6. DOWNLOAD

Chao, Jew-Ming; Ara DerMarderosian. Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian baby wood rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 1973, 62(4):588-91. DOI: 10.1002/jps.2600620409. DOWNLOAD

And I do believe that LAA is the only desirable chemical found in morning glory seeds and I primarily base this on the following comments from Albert Hofmann:

Grof: Have you actually tried the ololiuhqui yourself? [uh-lowli-uh-kee]
Hofmann: Yes, I did. But, of course, it is about ten times less active; to get a good effect, you need one to two milligrams.
Grof: And what was that experience like?
Hofmann: The experience had some strong narcotic effect, but at the same time there was a very strange sense of voidness. In this Void, everything loses its meaning. It is a very mystical experience.

Stanislav Grof Interviews Dr. Albert Hofmann. MAPS Bulletin 9.2 (Fall 2001): 22–35.

The effective dose of lysergic acid amide is 1 to 2 mg by oral application.

Albert Hofmann. The Road to Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries. 1978. R. G. Wasson, Albert Hofmann, and Carl A. P. Ruck. Page 10

Ololiuqui corrected as ololiuhqui

NOTE: Although the spelling ololiuqui has gained wide acceptance and is now the commonest orthography, linguistic evidence indicates that this Nahuatl word is correctly written ololiuhqui.

Note by R.E. Schultes included in the following essay: R. Gordon Wasson. Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico, Botanical Museum Leaflets, Harvard, vol. 20 (1963)

Tests on isolated ergonovine, another chemical found in morning glory seeds, show that it is active, but only in artificially high doses. I don't think any of the other chemicals have a psychoactive effect.

Further reading: morning glory seed information archive

Last edited: