View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few quick questions about Morning Glory

Heroic

Bluelighter
Okay so, I've been contemplating going into that area of the drug world. I realize that LSA is a weaker chemical than LSD, but still nothing to be fooled around with. I've harvested quite a bit of seeds and want to know as much as possible before preparing.

So, removing the seed shells to eliminate nausea - is that a myth or a fact? I don't want to bother with something so tedious if it doesn't yield results.

Would around 120-150 seeds be sufficient to achieve moderate results?

And any other tips would be welcome.

The nausea isn't unbearable, it all depends on your stomach. I'd suggest fresh ginger root/ginger extract for the nausea, it works wonders. The stomach pains are relatively mild and they usually go away once the effects start kicking in. Of course, this depends on how many seeds you're going to eat, but about 150 shouldn't be a problem. If you're going to simply eat them as they are, then clean them with some soap and water for about 1-2 minutes. I doubt removing the seed shells will help with anything...

The effects will be low to moderate at that dose. If combined with THC they are greatly amplified, the trip becomes more visual and euphoric. In one case, 60 seeds + THC proved to be more powerful than 100-120 seeds. It depends on what you're looking for, LSA on it's own is a relatively weak drug and it's effects are more body related than visual.

Most of the nausea is caused by the toxic dose of ergot alkaloids you're ingesting. This is 2012, you can get psychedelics that kick ASS through RC vendors and buy spore syringes to grow your own shrooms. Nobody should be messing with Morning Glory seeds anymore, most people get as sick as they get high.

The same internet you ask this question on can give you good clean psychedelics like 4-AcO-DMT in abundance, that didnt exist when I started tripping so I started with seeds because I had to. You dont have to, theres a better way.

@Vaermina- Thanks man. Appreciate it.

@Asante - I just assumed that morning glory would be a good introduction to the whole world of psychedelics, in which I never before dabbled. I know that there are plenty of other more potent chems out there, I just want something less potent for my first true psych experience.

Some of the nausea may be because the seeds are treated with a chemical coat by the sellers to prevent recreational use.

I was under the impression that this was a myth Jackeh, but I can't prove it. From what I read about it, even if the alkaloids themselves can cause nausea (or other chemicals on the inside), on the outside there may be cyanoglycosides that supposedly are better somehow discarded. Perhaps they may be the difference between a little nausea and a lot?

Not sure. I've never used them myself but I've seen extraction guides that start off with cleaning them and it lists the reason for it as "getting rid of the chemical coating", but the guides were very unprofessional so some of the information may most likely be incorrect or speculation.

Seeds aren't coated to prevent abuse. However, nonfood plant seeds often ARE coated to assure germination, with substances such as fungicides, some of which are pretty toxic, so no, not to deter abuse but flower seeds CAN have a sickening/poisonous coating on them, to help them grow.

In my experience, very few seeds are actually treated. You can visit the website and see that they are all natural. Most seeds you could buy from a non-internet vendor...you can just munch as is.

LSA's a great drug. Try it with pot and or nitrous oxide.

Nobody should be messing with Morning Glory seeds anymore, most people get as sick as they get high.

Completely incorrect, they have such a long history of use as an entheogen. That alone makes them worth trying in my opinion. RC vendors lol It's become so stereotypical. You have no idea what you are buying and neither do half the other kids gripping at impure chems made in nasty third world labs.

I've never removed the shells and never had any nausea that was unbearable. 120-150 seeds would be fine to start with.

Last edited:
LSA is not just a weaker LSD. There is going to be a point at which you experience the LSA effects -- some euphoria, some mental activation, some body high, and maybe some closed-eye visuals -- and that is pretty much what LSA is, LSA at its best. If you try to push LSA harder to get lots of pretty colors like a strong acid trip, there is a pretty good chance you will get sick, have a bad trip, and whine about it.

LSA is extremely euphoric. My first time was incredible. I only ingested 240 seeds. I put them in water but ate the seeds too. It was fantastic. I had absolutely no nausea.

For the love of god i wouldnt even look at lsa, a chemical has never been able to make me as manic and terrified as lsa has. I have taken tons of lsd and many other phycadelics yet even with my experiance i was at the mercy of crazy mood swings and horrible nasua all night long after taking 15 HBWS. I have dosed lsa a few times in different ways and its always been completly awful in my experiances. I would advise to stay away from it although some can enjoy it just be warned

So mixed results and opinions then... personally I found it lethargic and dreamy but pleasurable, especially when combined with cannabis. The psychedelic effects always seemed weak to me and not typically visual but more dream / brain-movie / vision like. Interesting to try some time but hardly worth revisiting after a couple of times with so many other things available. Well at least that is my personaly opinion, which I am entitled to.
The LSH method sounds fun though!

I disagree that a long history of entheogenic use is reason enough to try something. Surely something like datura has a long history of use, but that does not say anything about how worthwhile it is for any experimenting fella nowadays.

Most can have great experiences and effects from LSA but the reaction it has in some individuals mainly the mood swings, delirium and nausea can be really really terrible. I would repeat my experience i had from 600mg of diphenhydramine ten times over before i would take LSA again and benadryle is awful. Because of the great difference in peoples reactions and that some of those can be extreme hell i would recommend to anyone interested in trying LSA to approach it with caution. I don't want to differ anybody from trying a substance that could potentially click with them but the night i took LSA was worse than even my experiences with sever serotonin syndrome.

The LSH method sounds fun though!

LSH is obviously a thing, but if you are referring to LSA + "PEPERMINT OIL" = LSH, then that has been debunked. I so much wanted that one to be true though. If you want to have a clean LSA I have to say A/B, though if you go down that route one might as well fork over the extra cash for some Mescaline.

Have to agree with Asante though, LSA is so much hit and miss for people that you'd be better of ordering an RC of choice. (Check the [URL="http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/475623-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Beginner-Psychedelic-Thread]Beginner Psychedelic Thread![/URL])

You could try a higher dosage of take the seeds sublingually (hold under tongue & in gums to allow absorption). This would require between 30 & 50 % more seeds than an oral dose. I would suggest 400 seeds as a starting point for this method if you are looking for a light to moderate experience. This method of ingestion will avoid all nausea but is less tested and seems to offer varying results. I propose these varying results are from a variance in how long the ground up seed material is held in the mouth. I suspect 20-30 minutes is necessary (even though sure to induce large amounts of saliva and general discomfort). If the method does not work for you, you are only out 400 seeds and did not have to suffer through a nausea filled experience. Might be worth a shot! Please update on this thread with whatever you decide and the results.

One should be very cautious playing with ergot alkaloid extractions. Don't want to get ergotism. (or arrested) Plus the things fall apart if you acid/base them too vigourously. Mild is the name of the game.

I wish someone who had access to a HPLC could study the efficiency and selectivity of LSA extraction. I think part of the difficulty of dosing may be the variability - MG seeds are not standardised for alkaloid content!

I just assumed that morning glory would be a good introduction to the whole world of psychedelics, in which I never before dabbled. I know that there are plenty of other more potent chems out there; I just want something less potent for my first true psych experience.

LSA is OK, but just so. If you want something that is nicer and with less bodyload, yet mild enough for a first-time experience, consider 30-40mg of 2C-C (a phenethylamine). A 15-20mg dose of 4-AcO/HO-DET or a 10-15mg dose of 4-AcO/HO-MiPT (tryptamines) could be fine introductions as well.

Last edited: