A Christmas Treat -NY -12/15/01 -SpaceGirl, Robb Gee

Anyone down for a meetup?
My suggestion: To the LEFT side of the stage. There is plenty of room OFF of the dance floor which never seems to be filled. 11:00 PM/2:00 AM.
Yay? Nay?
~Erik

Waht do people expect for that place? It's a ghetto fake ass latino club that tries to be fancy!!!

Uhh.. what are you talking about? Amazura is pure class, homes. Recognize!!!

oh lord, some peoples children.
ANYWAY...YAY. left of the stage . by the hand rails.
-jen

Originally posted by ShaggE:
Waht do people expect for that place? It's a ghetto fake ass latino club that tries to be fancy!!!
Ok, so don't go. Don't rain on our parade.
~Erik

alright who is ACTUALLY going.
and who is ACTUALLY going to be at the meetup?
c'mon people it's tomorrow. we got to get up and organize. ;)
-jen

I am defiatly going....I will be at the meetup if anyone else is going too

Web if you happen to read this gimme a call at home. Sorry we lost you at Toys r us :(
-buzzy

Just wondering why everyone goes so nuts for SPacegirl...She doesn't even really play, and she is at every fucking party in the NYC area..To each his own, I 'spose...

Sorry if it sounded like "I" was rainin on your parade. That wasnt me. I swear. It was my Ecuadorian friend. He hates it not me. Peace.

Where should I start?
First, happy belated birthday, xena! Jen was right, you always have the best birthday parties.
Jen, I miss you. I'm glad we could reunite for this party. Web, I'm glad we could officially meet and hang out; you're a good man, Charlie Brown ;) . I meant it when I said we'll do it again. Though he won't be reading this, mad props to Tom for sticking his first party out until the cracked out end.
Time for the review: Things started out pretty slow. I wasn't expecting too much. Everyone looked pretty shady and no one seemed to be enjoying themselves. Web, you were right; it was early. Things picked up and the party moved along rather nicely. The jungle room absolutely sucked. NO ONE WAS MOVING. WTF?! A little later in the night the music got hot, but again no one was moving. The lights were on, then off, then on, then off until they closed the room. Unfuckingbelieveable.
Space Girl kind of let me down. She played all new material and it just wasn't the hard acid trance I've come to love. Yeah, she kept me going. It just wasn't the same. At least she encored with a classic: "Dream Your Dreams." ::le sigh::
All in all, I wasn't nearly as happy as I was with Infiltrate. Irregardless, I still love the venue and had a good time. It's all what you make of it.
~Erik

Hello all, I am new to this forum and I'm just getting into the scene but my first party was at Amazura; it was a Synthetic party and it sucked. The venue sucked, the security guards watching the sinks sucked, I wasn't feeling the music (tribal stuff) and it cost me $30. Its safe to say that that wasn't the greatest first impression of the "rave" scene so my friends and I lost interest in the "rave" scene. That was almost 2 and a half years ago. Now most of my friends are getting into the scene aided by more experienced party kids and we're meeting more along the way. Enough about me. What I want to ask is how was the party? A bunch of my friends when to christmas treat just cause of the lineup, I couldn't go because of finals and I haven't gotten the chance to ask them how the party was so for the people that went:
Please post your reviews of the party. Thanks.

Uhmmm...Zooted: Sinthetic parties ARE NOT raves, I understand you said it was your first party--so you probably didnt know that..but dont base your impressions on that, AMAZURA sucks--and 30 PARTIES suck, except occassionally... you havent seen anything yet ;)

well, I had a great time at this party. the music was good, for the most part. the d'n'b crowd was sorta... uh, non-existant. does anyone know why they closed that room so early? anyway...
gmni13, thank you so much for making my 'birthday party' so special.
ctrl x, damn, i miss you babe. i'm so glad you were able to make it there. it definately wouldn't have been the same without you.
web, it was great to meet you. happy birthday, right back at you man!
we must do this again, sometime soon, kids ;)