• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I voted Thailand: it's the only place I'd even vaguely be able to afford to go. Amsterdam? London? Yeah right ! =D Who has a spare $5-10,000?

Plus we always said our next holiday would be Thailand.

I voted Thailand too SLM :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that place, there are so many things to do there, as well as do nothing, if that's your bag, baby (but really, who wants to do nothing in Thailand?)

Also, you can get get a heap of goodies OTC at pharmacies ;)

I'm actually hoping to get a group of friends together (around the end of september 07) to party with for my 30th in Phuket :) You can get flights/accommodation/breakfasts/transfers/a whole lot of activities for around $900 pp in the "green season" (May-Oct). So far there's around 5 people that are keen. We're planning on renting out a skippered motor cruiser for the day and head around to phi phi island and surrounding islands for how much? $200AU :D:D

felixdahousekat said:
Hey, I don't want to get all anal with you lot (that's a lie, I do) but it's only 17 months away. Dunno if you noticed, but the current year changed on the 1st of January. ;)
Can you count? :D

felixdahousekat said:
Hey, I don't want to get all anal with you lot (that's a lie, I do) but it's only 17 months away. Dunno if you noticed, but the current year changed on the 1st of January. ;)

To 2007. We will be meeting in 2009. More than 2 years away :D

Firstly lol @ whom ever suggested London.

1.Obviously everyone is going to vote mostly on their personal preference and the cheapest/easiest way for them to attend however as mentioned before I really, honestly think thailand is a bad choice.
Some of the solar Moon beach parties would be a perfect venue and setting but there are certain laws which might collide with our activies/intentions. i'm not soley pertaining to consumption activies here.

2.I think after the thread has been open for some time, insuring those who want to attend have voted, there should be a culling process of locations and maybe the final 2 locations should be re-voted. Not everyone is going to be happy in the end.

3. More research should be done into the top 2 locations. Rough prices, locations, events should be formulated. The idea of a comittee sounds good.

4. Why am I thinking so much into this. I just like organising things 8)

This could be my 3rd international (although intentional) BL meeting

I don't think London is a silly idea at all, it's a better idea than Budapest and a place where flights go to directly. There's a HUGE party scene there, things would be very easy to organise, well a lot easier than Amsterdam.

There's no question about where this is going to be held. This is just getting sent around the forums to generate some more interest, but if you have no intention of going then don't vote!

Personally I think Ibiza is a stupid idea. Most of you wouldn't be able to afford to go there. A week there would cost the Australians about $5000 spending money. :D

I say host it in Colombia.
Cheap, coke is plentiful, you can bribe officials and I can make plans to have the party-goers held hostage and subsequently massacred by guerillas.

This idea is seriously fucking stupid.
Why anyone would pay large amounts of money to pretty much fly around to get fucked up overseas is beyond me.

you're such a jaded cunt moe :)

i actually like this idea. ffs i should be overseas by the time this happens, and if i am there's no way i'm not going.

lies.
im just logical.
why would you not get fucked up at home, then fly overseas to see and experience wherever you're flying to?

you need to learn to answer your phone, you twat.

onetwothreefour said:
you're such a jaded cunt moe :)

i actually like this idea. ffs i should be overseas by the time this happens, and if i am there's no way i'm not going.

laugh out loud!

cause like, you're so reliable and shit in Australia, I can only imagine that would be magnified trying to coordinate your international schedule ;)

cunts.

moe: i was at work till fucking midnight so eat a cactus dick.

jill: eat a cactus dick too :)

Cactus%20cock.jpg

Givent that I have more or less ceased taking drugs, the likelihood of my presence at this debaucherous convention is remote. Besides the fact that I intend to go to China in 2009 for the longest solar eclipse this century. For the record however, I do like the idea. Would be a kickass bluelight meetup indeed. And Moe, dont you think that cactus looks tasty?

^ Wow, last time I saw you, you were a drug consuming machine. And a good quality one at that. I hope someone snorted a line of Popavich's bday cake this year :D
How times change :\

MoeBro said:
This idea is seriously fucking stupid.
Why anyone would pay large amounts of money to pretty much fly around to get fucked up overseas is beyond me.

Its to meet new people! I've had nothing but a metric fuck tonne of fun travelling around Australia, partying with BLers/people I met 5 mins ago. This is an opportunity for such fun on a much larger scale.

And of course, anyone travelling such a distance is going to do a lot more than just 1 or 2, or 3 etc. nights of partying with BLers. Jump on a contiki tour or check out some big fuck off music festivals!

Once again, I am very keen on this idea. ASSuming I have atleast one other Aussie to go with me and I can get the money together. I've got a nice shiny new dutch passport to use! =D

Mehm said:
any other thoughts on summer vs "off season"? i'm definitely in favor of embracing the cold to get better prices. plus i'll probably be farming in 2009 and could get away much more easily if it were winter time. just my 2 :)

I had a great time in Amsterdam, London and other places in '01 when I went in December and January.

Snow can't spoil my fun!

I chose Thailand, not with any thought of recreational substances in mind at all, i chose it because of it's beauty and the fact that there is SO much to do. Having said that, i know that marijuana is illegal there, which may pose a problem (not for me though, i don't smoke it). In fact, i'm not entirely keen on taking drugs in a foreign country, full-stop (but that's just me). I'd go to meet people i've spoken to online for the past 6 years, but have never met in person, and frankly, well, i'd much prefer to remember the experience with a clear mind. Who's to say that there can't be a bluelight meetup, while experiencing a country? I don't understand why the two are mutually exclusive? Maybe i don't associate catching up with friends with getting fucked up...

Impossible for me to say for what im doing this year let alone 2009.
But, baring unforseen changes, i'll probably check this out

pekkie said:
I don't think London is a silly idea at all, it's a better idea than Budapest and a place where flights go to directly. There's a HUGE party scene there, things would be very easy to organise, well a lot easier than Amsterdam.

Yeah, London is a good idea - lots of local Bluelighters to organise things (and maybe provide accommodation), we all speak English, as pekkie says there's a huge party scene, plenty of other attractions, cops are a little less strict than the US or Asia.....

The cost factor would be a big downside, but in London we could organise our own warehouse party or something, how cool would that be?

samadhi said:
Maybe i don't associate catching up with friends with getting fucked up...
Unfortunately, not everyone who plans to go seems to think this way.

onetwothreefour said:
cunts.

moe: i was at work till fucking midnight so eat a cactus dick.

how does that affect your ability to return calls?
does your phone turn into a lettuce at midnight?

It wasn't as if I was sleeping at midnight on saturday.

MoeBro said:
Unfortunately, not everyone who plans to go seems to think this way.

Very true :\ It's pretty disappointing to think that people are basing where they want to go purely on the drug laws of the particular country... narrows the choices down a little.