• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe we should plan on staying only in one of a few hotels (3, 2?). That way, you could say to someone "Hey I'm in Hotel X", but not give out your room if you don't want to. And, everyone would be in close proximity, but again the privacy is there.

Cell phones look like they are going to be a must in this situation, and we should probably start taking down numbers of people who want their numbers to be seen by all at the meet-up. You may even want to buy a prepaid phone specifically for the travel. That way they can be contacted and can meet up with people wherever, without a designated BL meet-up place. Not to say we can't have a meet-up, or several of them, but then we can establish a web of connection, while keeping privacy and consent there. The worst that could happen would be you getting repeated phone calls at night from piss drunk BLers who are desperate for company :p

Maybe one or two meet-ups for introduction or something (rent out one of those ballrooms in hotels)? At the beginning, just to establish a "hello" and so you can find who you'd want to spend time with in-between stuff or in general, for a list of phone numbers by those wishing it to be public, and also for an announcement for a more main event meet-up..

Bikes seem necessary too, if you can't rely on public transportation. I wonder if you can rent bikes and cell phones as a foreigner..

edit: Yeah, it seems like no matter where in Europe you want to go, it's cheaper to stop in London first if you're traveling from the US.

Laura said:
why isn't Florida one of the options on the poll? ;)

Because thats where the Winter Music Confrence is held every year and us guidos got dibs on it.

PLURmonster said:
^
Hey, you don't have to be a guido to get dibs on the WMC.

But it doesn't hurt. ;)=D

Haha! True that. I'll prolly be the only guido at the BL meetup when the time comes around. It would be cool if by 2009 a nice girl with the handle ClubbinGuidette joined Bluelight and decided to attend the event. Theres a lot of people I really want to meet and chill with. Lacey K better go, I dont want to be the only person with a NJ/NY accent. :D

fuggedaboudit

:D

On topic...

Could someone who either lives in NL or stays there often for long periods post which prepaid simcard in their opinion would be best? Thanks. I've purchased UK sims on ebay.co.uk before, but the pickings on ebay.nl seem kind of sparse in comparison. I've found a couple of sites which seem to offer official T-Mobile and O2 sims to international buyers, but prefer to have all options in front over the next couple of years to narrow down the right choice.

i would imagine most BLers would form their own subgroups and work out lodging and the like together. like what happens for events like SS.

you'll have your chance to convince me next month, but london is 20+ hours away from where about 20% of BL'ers live, so lets not get carried away pretending it is the centre of the earth.
Lets be realistic here. How many Aussie BL'ters actually look out of the Aussie forums, and how many would actually be keen on going to this? I can think of a few, but not that many. We've been talking about this for months and have had minimal interest from the Aus contingent... plus it's really hard to please everyone. Sometimes you have to just say fuck it.

EDIT: Also this has been talked about in other sections of BL as well, so there's been coverage etc.

animal_cookie said:
i would imagine most BLers would form their own subgroups and work out lodging and the like together. .

exactly.

I might go to Costa Rica for a BL 10 yr. party... If I haven't went completely insane by than.

blah

^^Lucky you! :D

I've been thinking (always dangerous I know) that maybe to give it a fair go with the Aussies and the EADD contingent we should shift this over to Aus Social and EADD for a few days each (again). They can then vote, or share their distaste of BL events or whatever. If anyone whinges after that they can go jump!

Yay or neigh?

Sounds like a good idea. I wonder if we can get discount tickets if we buy as a group?
I'll start saving my pennies. And start thinking about a passport. London would be a good spot to go too.
Head up to Scotland and look at some castles or something.

^
jpgrdnr, it could also be a good idea to consider travel groups with a more extended focus, past just the BL meet up. If several people wish to do a UK tour afterwards, perhaps form that group ahead of time. Also, people travelling from the same region (for example the GTA and suburbs, in our case) could consider travelling at the same time, on the same airline, et cetera. Group travel is always more fun and lowers the chances of disorientation once on foreign land.

SillyAlien said:
lowers the chances of disorientation once on foreign land.

hey, if i don't get "disoriented" in amsterdam i don't wanna go :p

=D

re the comments by animal cookie and dreamgirlie...i have never met any of you, it would suck if some of us got left behind in the excitement bc we weren't in any of your "cliques" so to speak.

i am not worried about myself, i have no problem hopping into the excitement :D but we should consider group activities to make sure noone gets left out.

Well would you prefer to make travel plans with a group of BLers you have not met nor talked to before or would you rather make plans with BLers you have talked to for a long time. Thats all I meant. I dont mean it in a way to not allow new friends to be made! :)

i am not suggesting flying all the way to amsterdam just to hang out with people you already know. i imagine once there, people will be contacting other people and arranging meetups and the like. and it would be great if one night everyone knew to be at _______.

i just think logistics wise, it makes sense for BLers to break into groups to plan things like lodging and flights. in most cases, you only need about 10 people to be considered a group. and its easier to get 10 people to agree on something than 100.

its also more secure to plan for smaller groups within the whole big meetup. there is less of a chance for info to get leaked to the wrong people and things to stay under the radar.

any other thoughts on summer vs "off season"? i'm definitely in favor of embracing the cold to get better prices. plus i'll probably be farming in 2009 and could get away much more easily if it were winter time. just my 2 :)

DarthMom said:
re the comments by animal cookie and dreamgirlie...i have never met any of you, it would suck if some of us got left behind in the excitement bc we weren't in any of your "cliques" so to speak.

i am not worried about myself, i have no problem hopping into the excitement :D but we should consider group activities to make sure noone gets left out.

I second that. Fuck that clique shit, I left all that behind in High School.