• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

~8 years of LSD - should I get checked out?

What evidence do you have for this claim?

The recent published study shows the chemical is capable of causing damage to the photoreceptors of the eye. It remains yet to be determine exactly what dose and/or how often this would occur in people. But there are case reports of taking LSD and having visually damage.

The recent published study shows the chemical is capable of causing damage to the photoreceptors of the eye. It remains yet to be determine exactly what dose and/or how often this would occur in people. But there are case reports of taking LSD and having visually damage.

I'm assuming you're referring to this study? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29298533

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), a classical hallucinogen, was used as a popular and notorious substance of abuse in various parts of the world. Its abuse could result in long-lasting abnormalities in retina and little is known about the exact mechanism. This study was to investigate the effect of LSD on macrophage activation state at non-toxic concentration and its resultant toxicity to photoreceptor cells. Results showed that cytotoxicity was caused by LSD on 661 W cells after co-culturing with RAW264.7 cells. Treatment with LSD-induced RAW264.7 cells to the M1 phenotype, releasing more pro-inflammatory cytokines, and increasing the M1-related gene expression. Moreover, after co-culturing with RAW264.7 cells, significant oxidative stress in 661 W cells treated with LSD was observed, by increasing the level of malondialdehyde (MDA) and reactive oxygen species (ROS), and decreasing the level of glutathione (GSH) and the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD). Our study demonstrated that LSD caused photoreceptor cell damage by inducing inflammatory response and resultant oxidative stress, providing the scientific rationale for the toxicity of LSD to retina.

Also, where did you find "case reports" of this?

Last edited:
Idk man. You sound like you got your shit together. I'd be more interested in you getting evaluated for research purposes lol

May I ask if your GF trips as well? I took a couple year break from psychedelics because my GF at the time wasn't into that shit. She wasn't against me doing it, but it would have felt weird around her. I asked if she'd ever try LSD and her response was, "Idk, I'm scared I might die!" Instead of trying to educate her, I just gave up immediately ??‍♂️

LSD causes no damage to the body its the opposite i would say i know what LSD is truly capable of. If you truly tap into the LSD talk to it and really hack your own brain to control it for the few hours of transcendence it gives you. You can heal your self using your own immune system to practical limits you cant cure cancer with it but theres a few things i can heal my self while on it e.g colds flus mental health affect weight gain or loss by adjusting your metabolic rate with your own mind.

May I ask if your GF trips as well? I took a couple year break from psychedelics because my GF at the time wasn't into that shit. She wasn't against me doing it, but it would have felt weird around her. I asked if she'd ever try LSD and her response was, "Idk, I'm scared I might die!" Instead of trying to educate her, I just gave up immediately ??‍♂️

(n)Naw, she's sickly sweet innocent. She'd never do that, and based on how she seems to get easily overwhelmed by the stresses in regular life, I'm not sure I want to encourage her lol. She only recently tried weed and that was overall good but almost too much she said.

This whole thread was mostly inspired because of concerns she had. I was pretty confident in the safety myself.

LSD causes no damage to the body its the opposite i would say i know what LSD is truly capable of. If you truly tap into the LSD talk to it and really hack your own brain to control it for the few hours of transcendence it gives you. You can heal your self using your own immune system to practical limits you cant cure cancer with it but theres a few things i can heal my self while on it e.g colds flus mental health affect weight gain or loss by adjusting your metabolic rate with your own mind.

I was getting over a cold recently and wondered about tripping sick.... I didn't do it, because if anything I figured the sickness would detract from the trip.

I was getting over a cold recently and wondered about tripping sick.... I didn't do it, because if anything I figured the sickness would detract from the trip.
The first was many years ago when i tripped with a cold it was gone til the end of the trip but came back. after many years of trying to hack my mind with lsd i learnt how to control my immune self while in that headspace for a few hours.

LSD is one of the safest substances to use if we think physical issues. On the other hand, mentally it could cause problems but your brain seems to be working fine as far as one can tell from this thread. I would be more concerned about cannabis use (if you smoke it) then LSD. Also, I have seen many friends have mental issues because of heavy, long term cannabis use.
I probably had around a few hundred doses myself and I don't think that it caused me any problems. The only times I had bad experiences were usually because of shitty, lame company who caused lots of frustration. I had a couple bad trips on irresponsible high dose combinations with multiple other substances like MDA, MDMA and weed. They were quite scary and long but I wouldn't change a thing; I got a much needed new perspective on everything with LSD.

@t_wrex, Bedrock Records rockS especially Nick Warren on LSD. I hope that you are ok after 8 years of LSD use.

LSD is one of the safest substances to use if we think physical issues. On the other hand, mentally it could cause problems but your brain seems to be working fine as far as one can tell from this thread. I would be more concerned about cannabis use (if you smoke it) then LSD. Also, I have seen many friends have mental issues because of heavy, long term cannabis use.
I probably had around a few hundred doses myself and I don't think that it caused me any problems. The only times I had bad experiences were usually because of shitty, lame company who caused lots of frustration. I had a couple bad trips on irresponsible high dose combinations with multiple other substances like MDA, MDMA and weed. They were quite scary and long but I wouldn't change a thing; I got a much needed new perspective on everything with LSD.

@t_wrex, Bedrock Records rockS especially Nick Warren on LSD. I hope that you are ok after 8 years of LSD use.

Yeah, I've been concerned about the smoke recently, and have been looking into consuming it a different way.

Love Nick Warren, and Dave Seaman/Way Out West. Just spun some on my decks last night! Warren's Global Undergrounds were killer.

(n)Naw, she's sickly sweet innocent. She'd never do that, and based on how she seems to get easily overwhelmed by the stresses in regular life, I'm not sure I want to encourage her lol. She only recently tried weed and that was overall good but almost too much she said.

This whole thread was mostly inspired because of concerns she had. I was pretty confident in the safety myself.

Yeah, psychs aren't for everybody. But I think they're definitely for you ? (y)

I personally don't see any reason to be concerned as long as you're physically healthy, mentally stable and it isn't having a negative impact on your personal/work life. Keep enjoying yourself! Hopefully your girl can learn to accept your use and stop worrying.

The first was many years ago when i tripped with a cold it was gone til the end of the trip but came back. after many years of trying to hack my mind with lsd i learnt how to control my immune self while in that headspace for a few hours.

So kind of the opposite of what I was thinking, the trip brought you out of the sickness... interesting, will have to try next time.

I've definitely knocked colds back a few times with LSD. I don't think it's just in my head, I think LSD gets your whole being up into top form and harmonizes the systems to the point where my immune system can clearly see the issue at hand and kick the cold in the ass ... or something like that lol. I know that's totally unscientific but it's how it feels. LSD just makes me super on top of my game and work through shit, including the physical.

I've definitely knocked colds back a few times with LSD. I don't think it's just in my head, I think LSD gets your whole being up into top form and harmonizes the systems to the point where my immune system can clearly see the issue at hand and kick the cold in the ass ... or something like that lol. I know that's totally unscientific but it's how it feels. LSD just makes me super on top of my game and work through shit, including the physical.

On the other hand, I've gotten sick the day after taking 4-AcO-DMT often enough that it would be an unlikely coincidence. 4-AcO-DMT does affect my body in weird ways, though, like making me yawn a lot, and making my eyes water. I've never gotten sick directly after taking any other psychedelic.

Also, where did you find "case reports" of this?

Published medical journals.

So the first article reports that the user developed an abnormally dilated pupil at age 11 after consuming cannabis. The other 2 articles report eye damage after users stared into the sun.....

Did you even read the text of these articles?

That first article is completely false im from new zealand and nothing like that happened firstly the author isn't from New zealand either. Not sure why you are pushing this false information.