• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8 years addiction to bupe and now free of the curse learn how folks

well thats me 4 months of subutex and feling better every day all the sympyoms have gone they lasted about 6 weeks with the worst in the first 2 weeks never thought i could do it ads now its done and if i can you can folks

well im on day 17 now and feeling better everyday and the sweats come and go but just the brain fixing me
Bupe long gone from your system, except for your hair... Your brain is rewiring itself
... creating new neural pathways and severing old ones...

no i only used the vallium for 7 days along with gabapentin
5-HTP, DLPA, Tyrosine all amino acids best taken on an empty stomach or else they get processed pretty much like nutrients. If you don't mind telling us what maintenance dose had you been on?

well im on day 40 now of the subs just starting to get a good sleep and most of the symtoms have gone a wee bit sweat under the arms and tummy issues but all handled i will never go back and honsestl;y never thought i could do it,so if i can folks you can to thank you for all the good thoughts folks it means a lot
One day at a time

no i only used the vallium for 7 days and then stopped but im prescribed gabapentin 4 600mg a day and it feels like they have stopped working i spoke to my doctor today and he upped my dose to 5 600mg as he said the bupe must have potenciated my gabbas i didnt want to up my dose but feeling so bad mentaly just now i wasnt sure if i was rattling from the bupe or the gabbas and with only getting 2 to 3 hours sleep a night im drained tell you what that bupe is a real long rattle i felt better two weeks ago than i do now
Real life has ups and downs, but the wave amplitude is smaller. Best of all you get to own your own feelings of joy, sadness. grief, and pride

it is now day 10 no bupe and doing well no energy as of yet but far better than the slavery to constantly looking at the clock im an addicit for life and knowing this fact will keep me on the straight and narrow
Did you get to any meetings? NA, AA, CMA, GA, CA and perhaps there is already SA

Last edited:
well thats me a few weeks short of a year off subutex, starting to feel like the old me recovery is not overnight but every morning i wake up i smile now as i dont have to get up and snort a bit of bupe thank god, i stayed on it years to long as i was scared of the withdrawals but with vals and gabapentin i got through it and havent touched a drug since if i can do it anyone can when you make that final decision

Wow, holy shit. Congrats man!

I've been on bupe for about 5 years. I'm weird & enjoy opioids but bupe just is not the one for me.

Glad to see it's possible for people to get off the shit though.

I honestly don't know if I'd even be strong enough to do it at this point.

Mad respect.

well thats me a few weeks short of a year off subutex, starting to feel like the old me recovery is not overnight but every morning i wake up i smile now as i dont have to get up and snort a bit of bupe thank god, i stayed on it years to long as i was scared of the withdrawals but with vals and gabapentin i got through it and havent touched a drug since if i can do it anyone can when you make that final decision
Congratulations on your remarkable accomplishment! What you did was no small thing.

Thats is impressive! Good work. Every time I try to quit subs I end up making things worse for myself so I've kind of given up trying :(

no mate that doesnt work for me i just got on it with it but what evr works folk should do
Hey man solid work on moving forward with your life. I've been tapering my Subutex, I'm at below 1mg right now and so happy to have the fog of this drug wear off. Been through it so many times but now that I'm older I know this will be the last. I cannot imagine 8 years on subs, I'm at 8 months, but it will still be difficult. It's the weeks after you stop that are the hardest, possibly even months, but im ready.

There is nothing like feeling alive again, every breath, every sound, every day having that lucidity to it. Subs wash all those small things out for me. The sleep inconsistencies, the mild but annoying sweats and general pain intolerance suck the most. :( Not looking forward to it. Anyway thanks for sharing your journey. How do you feel a year later now?

Can't do meetings either. I went with with my friend once and it was way too cult like. Hard fucking pass no thanks
yeah i know what you mean lol
Wow, holy shit. Congrats man!

I've been on bupe for about 5 years. I'm weird & enjoy opioids but bupe just is not the one for me.

Glad to see it's possible for people to get off the shit though.

I honestly don't know if I'd even be strong enough to do it at this point.

Mad respect.
Mate i was in exactly the same position i thought i was a lifer on bupe horrid drug turned me in to a recluse long term and i was scared shitless of the withdrawals but i used gabapentin and vallium for first 7 days after 4 days just taking kratom and it helped so much you can get through this im proof

Hey man solid work on moving forward with your life. I've been tapering my Subutex, I'm at below 1mg right now and so happy to have the fog of this drug wear off. Been through it so many times but now that I'm older I know this will be the last. I cannot imagine 8 years on subs, I'm at 8 months, but it will still be difficult. It's the weeks after you stop that are the hardest, possibly even months, but im ready.

There is nothing like feeling alive again, every breath, every sound, every day having that lucidity to it. Subs wash all those small things out for me. The sleep inconsistencies, the mild but annoying sweats and general pain intolerance suck the most. :( Not looking forward to it. Anyway thanks for sharing your journey. How do you feel a year later now?
thank you mate,well now im starting to feel like me again out on my bike trying to get fit as a 49yr old can the first week off the subs i just numbed my brain with gabapentin and valium and after the 7 days i took it on the chin as the 7 days are the worst, subs turned me in to recluse and just numbed me i taperd down from 12mg to 0.4 mg and jumped off at that the sleeping at the start was hard but thats back now in fact every thing is normal now no cravings no sweats just normal and it is a great feeling and i was scared to death of wd and if i can do it you can to mate

yeah i know what you mean lol

Mate i was in exactly the same position i thought i was a lifer on bupe horrid drug turned me in to a recluse long term and i was scared shitless of the withdrawals but i used gabapentin and vallium for first 7 days after 4 days just taking kratom and it helped so much you can get through this im proof
Proud of you man! (even though I don't know you)..

Unfortunately at the moment, I'm having unbearable opioid cravings (even on bupe) & have even resorted back to drinking. Which is not good. So I have a long ways to go & a lot of work left.