• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8 years addiction to bupe and now free of the curse learn how folks

jock briton

Bluelighter
well folks i have been on this for a few years looking for help to beat this slavery to bupe addiction,and to be fair iv had very sound advice and well meaning but none of it worked,so i tried tried and tried again and for me iv found the silver bullet as we all know bupe sticks to the receptors like super glue and the 72 hour mark is the height of sheer mental and hell on earth and at that point i have always caved in and went back to opiate slavery anyway il tell you how i have managed i went on kratom for 4 days to get by the 72 mark then i went on 600mg of gabbapentin morning and bed time and dureing the day i took 5mg vallium im now on day 8 of bupe i must say i took about 5 vallium dureing the day iv had no w/d as gabba effects the cns and stops the w/d now i wont say im 100 percent but an easy 90 percent im going to do another 3 days of this this then off and il let you all know how i get on love jock

well folks i have been on this for a few years looking for help to beat this slavery to bupe addiction,and to be fair iv had very sound advice and well meaning but none of it worked,so i tried tried and tried again and for me iv found the silver bullet as we all know bupe sticks to the receptors like super glue and the 72 hour mark is the height of sheer mental and hell on earth and at that point i have always caved in and went back to opiate slavery anyway il tell you how i have managed i went on kratom for 4 days to get by the 72 mark then i went on 600mg of gabbapentin morning and bed time and dureing the day i took 5mg vallium im now on day 8 of bupe i must say i took about 5 vallium dureing the day iv had no w/d as gabba effects the cns and stops the w/d now i wont say im 100 percent but an easy 90 percent im going to do another 3 days of this this then off and il let you all know how i get on love jock

Well good for you. For me it was escape from methadone, but its nice to be free from opioids if possible.

Of course for those that have once been slaves, we'll never be free per say, but its nice to not be opioid's bitch

it is now day 10 no bupe and doing well no energy as of yet but far better than the slavery to constantly looking at the clock im an addicit for life and knowing this fact will keep me on the straight and narrow

im acytually on day 14 now and feeling better everyday energy levels still not their but i can deal with that it can be done folkd i left myself on bupe for years longer because i was scared of the rattle

Congratulations, you should be proud! Now the hard work continues: staying clean. I've managed to get that point a couple times, it's a huge accomplishment but so is staying clean. That's something I'm still struggling with, made it like 2.5 years last time before screwing up again. Don't be me, good luck!

thank you guys,im feelimg better each day energy still low but i am 48yrs old coming off bupe after 8 years and the sweats are annoying but bearable but no turning back from me

I think clonidine might help with the sweating? It's one of those helper meds I never managed to try though so I have no personal exp

the lack of motivation coupled with the emotional part is usually what gets me, I could probably power through much easier if it didn't feel so impossible just to exist let alone get up a do stuff. Even brushing my teeth becomes a Herculean task

Congratulations.. consider throwing exercise at it as well.. who ever made exercise the cure for fatigue is a true devil but it works. Also helps to stabilize your neurotransmitters quickly.

Glad you're getting through it!

Careful with kratom, it is an opioid, too, and taking it consistently will give you withdrawals. They're not as bad as bupe withdrawals, but they're no walk in the park. A lot of people use kratom and think it's harmless and that they're off opioids, but in fact it binds to the same receptors as a partial agonist.

Gabapentin is pretty miraculous though (pregabalin is even better). It also produces its own withdrawals but if you haven't been dependent on it before, you can take it daily for 7-10 days without problems.

Congrats! I have been on and off opiates for almost 20 years. I did ibogaine in 2014 and didn't touch them again until 2019, didn't even have cravings. Then I relapsed and since then it has been a struggle. Stay vigilant and make sure you don't convince yourself it will be okay, not even once, ever again. That's my advice.

thanks guys well day 20 now still getting a few sweats and chills but to be expected,i only used kratom for 4 days to get by the 72 hour mark,and the gabbapentin were a god send along with the valium and after day 7 come of them so now 20 days no bupe and every day im feeling so much better

well im on day 24 as i dont count the kratom days im prescribed gabbapentin and have been taking 3mg loperamide 2mg in morn and 2mg at night what im wanting to know is that surely that amount of lope wont make my wd last longer i honestly thought i was alright but last 2 days have been rough mentaly m so down and my body just feels weird any advice guys

well im on day 24 as i dont count the kratom days im prescribed gabbapentin and have been taking 3mg loperamide 2mg in morn and 2mg at night what im wanting to know is that surely that amount of lope wont make my wd last longer i honestly thought i was alright but last 2 days have been rough mentaly m so down and my body just feels weird any advice guys
Are you still on daily Valium ?

no i only used the vallium for 7 days and then stopped but im prescribed gabapentin 4 600mg a day and it feels like they have stopped working i spoke to my doctor today and he upped my dose to 5 600mg as he said the bupe must have potenciated my gabbas i didnt want to up my dose but feeling so bad mentaly just now i wasnt sure if i was rattling from the bupe or the gabbas and with only getting 2 to 3 hours sleep a night im drained tell you what that bupe is a real long rattle i felt better two weeks ago than i do now

Cool man. Do whatever works for you. Just be careful, cause if you're trying to get sober, the temptation to abuse those other drugs is gonna be tough. I'm only speaking for myself. It would be playing with fire. On the other hand, I too would be using drugs like Pregabalin if I had to withdraw from Heroin and I often recommend stuff including Gabapentin. Just be careful and don't put yourself where you're going to need to withdraw from the Diazepam or the Gabapentin. It can all sneak up on you quite easily.

well im on day 40 now of the subs just starting to get a good sleep and most of the symtoms have gone a wee bit sweat under the arms and tummy issues but all handled i will never go back and honsestl;y never thought i could do it,so if i can folks you can to thank you for all the good thoughts folks it means a lot