View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

700ug of LSD?

Nuncfluens

Greenlighter
To preface I've tripped on acid around 28 times with the max dose being 400ug, which is my favorite dose thus far. On that dosage I've experienced my bedroom walls caving in, synesthesia, occasional OBEs, shadows would turn into elaborate fractals/patterns, and occasionally objects would melt into liquid form before becoming solid again. I'm confident that I'll be able to handle 700ug, but I'm curious as to what the effects are at that dosage. How would 400ug of acid compare to 700ug in terms of trip length and effects?

All the same duration wise(might last a little longer..like 12ish hours instead of the standard 8). Erowid is your friend for this sort of thing! Also the effects will simply be stronger, be preparded though, have a benzo or some ethanol handy incase things get to hairy!

I've found there tends to be a pleasant dose for LSD and going over that isn't as much fun. When did you last take 400mics? If it's last week then 700 this week probably won't be that much stronger.

The last time I took 400 mics was 2 months ago so I'm good as far as tolerance goes. The reason why I want to do 700ug is to dive deeper into the depths of the LSD experience and see what it can truly do.

The last time I took 400 mics was 2 months ago so I'm good as far as tolerance goes. The reason why I want to do 700ug is to dive deeper into the depths of the LSD experience and see what it can truly do.

I recommend it but just follow my advice!

With LSD I find the dosage to effects ration is experiential, so what I mean by that is 800ug is not going to give you double the strength of the effects, the effects might be 4x or 5x stronger for example. With 700ug it's completely different high then 400ug, you will most likely experience some, or total ego loss, and I can say for certain the visuals will be not what you have experience before, at the peak you might even lose visual connection with the real world. This of course all depends on many factors, such as tolerance, size, gender, and your overall genetic make up.

If you are going to do 700ug, please have someone to be there with you who will be sober.

^ the word you are looking for, NeoLid, is exponential. But I agree with everything else you said. Aside from the trip sitter part. It's a difficult question and depends on the person, but for me anything 600ug+ can make it extremely difficult for me to be around anyone, even my closest friends.

I would definitely recommend to OP that he titrate his dosage upward a bit more slowly, 400ug to 700ug is a MASSIVE jump in strength. 28 trips under your belt with a max dose of 400ug is not reason to be confident that you can handle 700ug.

Around 700ug I would imagine, like NeoLid said, a visual loss of connection with reality would occur.
I never know the strength of my blotter, but once I took two tabs of this one print and I damn near fell in to hyper space.
A friend of mine took two as well and he lost touch with reality.
He was unable to speak but was able to stand and walk around and knock shit over.
When he came out of it he was speaking nonsense and overall was very uncomfortable to have around at the time.

Ive done acid up to 1000ug+ 10 strip of good acid, alex greys was the blotter print, was a very enjoyable experience, was in bed most of the time, rolling around, as neolid said have someone with you, and enjoy ;)

I always found jumping to a bigger dose meant the trip was more physically uncomfortable and you end up in a more confused headspace. It's lose-lose.

^ the word you are looking for, NeoLid, is exponential. But I agree with everything else you said. Aside from the trip sitter part. It's a difficult question and depends on the person, but for me anything 600ug+ can make it extremely difficult for me to be around anyone, even my closest friends.

Sitter can hang out downstair/in a seperate room. Your sitter does not have to be "in face", so to speak...

With LSD I find the dosage to effects ration is experiential, so what I mean by that is 800ug is not going to give you double the strength of the effects, the effects might be 4x or 5x stronger for example. With 700ug it's completely different high then 400ug, you will most likely experience some, or total ego loss, and I can say for certain the visuals will be not what you have experience before, at the peak you might even lose visual connection with the real world. This of course all depends on many factors, such as tolerance, size, gender, and your overall genetic make up.

If you are going to do 700ug, please have someone to be there with you who will be sober.

Thanks man, this was the kind of information I was looking for. Personally though I've never been one for trip sitters, hell I ate an 8th of shrooms alone when I was 15 for my first psychedelic experience and I had an amazing time. I've tripped 68 times (without any bad trips) overall between LSD, DMT, and shrooms and only 3 of those trips were with my best friends. Then again I am rather introverted and being around people while tripping makes me uncomfortable. Thanks to the others who helped answer my question!

I'd recommend going up by 100 or 150ug at most in a jump. You did 400ug and described a very intense experience. Almost doubling your dose will make it FAR more intense. Why make such a huge jump?

I'm personally not going to use high doses of LSD anymore because I have found that it just makes me very uncomfortable physically. I find higher doses just cause worse side effects and I don't get any better trip from it. I think acid is something which is best at doses of maybe about 100-250 µg. Maybe others would benefit from high doses but I've tried it enough times to know for sure that it's not something I enjoy. In fact, LSD is just generally not doing much for me anymore.

Comparing the acid I've had recently to the AL-LAD I had several months ago, I have to say that I got better effects from the AL-LAD, more visuals and less unpleasant physical agitation. I got a lot better effects from 300 ug AL-LAD than 750 µg LSD, though the 300 was actually almost too much. Since AL-LAD is supposedly more potent than LSD itself AND has better effects AND doesn't keep you up all night, I would have to say that AL-LAD is the REAL premium psychedelic known to man. Why settle for plain ol' LSD when you can get a compound that has been taken a step further, improving it considerably, for a similar price? You just have to keep the dose reasonably low to avoid the confusion and thought loops caused by doses over about 250 µg.

Last edited:
I'd recommend going up by 100 or 150ug at most in a jump. You did 400ug and described a very intense experience. Almost doubling your dose will make it FAR more intense. Why make such a huge jump?

To be honest, I felt really calm and collected despite all that occurring. I've tried 400ug twice and even while I was peaking during the second trip I kept thinking "This is pretty damn wild, though I can definitely handle way more than this.". I don't mean to sound arrogant at all, but after reading more about the effects of 700ug on erowid and other sites I feel 100% ready for anything that comes my way during this trip. Personally whenever I trip, I just go with the flow of whatever's going on and I always end up having a good time.

Well if you decide to do it, please do report back, I am really interested in you experience. And Sweet Jones I did mean exponential. Chrome spell check changed it :p.

This is what's on my mind.
There is no need for you to hurry. WHen doubling the dose on such a high level already you may potentiate effects much more than you like.
I second increasing by 100 or 150µg, which will make things much more intense.
For me, jumping to very high doses increased above all the amount of confusion, acutally degrading instead of intensifying the experience.

Edit: For extreme dosages / effects, I'd recommend short lasting psychedelics (e.g. dpt, or especially 5-meo-dmt).
Being totally out for some hours and having a quite long in-between states gradually realizing what happened and is still happening is imo no real enjoyment, nor really helpfull.

Personally i like to confront myself/ go for the darker side of a substance. 700ug seems like an interesting experience

I don't know about the 'exponential' dose-response curve thing there, but I personally would jump up with a slightly smaller increment than 400 to 700 ug.

Also IME it matters a LOT whether you stagger the dose or take it all at once. Be sure to have a set & setting absolutely as good as or better than the time(s) you took around 400 ug.

This is higher than I have ever gone, but i have had friends that eat 14 blotters like beers for the night. But, what somebody has told me is the lower doses have psychedelic effect on a focal point, while the higher doses have that effect enveloping your perception. Good luck defintely.