View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

6-APDB dose ranges!

Help?!?!

Bluelighter
I don't think i've ever seen an outright listing for dose ranges on 6-APDB. I've gathered a general range on my own but what would others say? 100mgs felt like a pretty strong dose but it definitely felt like it could go further, not sure though it that would be pleasant or just make more side effects appear/all that. I would personally say the range is something like 50-125mgs for the lower end of the spectrum and 120-200?mgs. The question mark only because i've never gone that far. The most I ingested was something near 125mgs, though that was through redoses, the initial dose was around 40mgs IM so possibly equatable to 80mgs orally.

Anyways, I love this chemical, it gave me such a sense of peace, like just sitting there in that moment was absolutely perfect and nothing could stop or end that. Only mescaline has elicited such a feeling it was honestly close to on par with mescaline, though it clearly didn't last that long. I definitely felt no need to move though moving was fun and music was astounding. To me it seemed better than both MDMA which I find alright and MDA which I actually like a far bit so its exciting to find this! I couldn't find a B&D for 6-APDB so I figured i'd start up this thread and see if we can get things rolling a bit!8(

Also interested.
All reports I've seen are around 100mg mark. Most people are from Europe so try EADD for reports (from about p6 onwards I think)

And there's this thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/661435-The-Small-amp-Handy-6-APDB-Thread?highlight=6-apdb with a couple of reports in.

I should have a bunch of this on the way - far too much of it actually, when entering quantity I double pressed a number, was wondering why it was quite expensive!
Yeah, i'm pretty suprised theres no B&D for it, its pretty amazing and there's a B&D for 5-APDB, i'm pretty sure. Also no clue how I missed the S&H, i've actually read it before,ha! I search through google and BL, no results seemed to be returned save a few trip reports.

tbh the EADD one should just be renamed to BnD, it holds the most information about the compound in like the entire internet...
I can see this one getting ignored especially with the release of 5-eapb and it becoming illegal in UK.

I am interested to try this chemical, but I am weary about newer designer drugs. Especially ones intended to replace the original, such as 6-APB. 5-EAPB??? 8(

I don't think i've ever seen an outright listing for dose ranges on 6-APDB. I've gathered a general range on my own but what would others say? 100mgs felt like a pretty strong dose but it definitely felt like it could go further, not sure though it that would be pleasant or just make more side effects appear/all that. I would personally say the range is something like 50-125mgs for the lower end of the spectrum and 120-200?mgs. The question mark only because i've never gone that far. The most I ingested was something near 125mgs, though that was through redoses, the initial dose was around 40mgs IM so possibly equatable to 80mgs orally.

Anyways, I love this chemical, it gave me such a sense of peace, like just sitting there in that moment was absolutely perfect and nothing could stop or end that. Only mescaline has elicited such a feeling it was honestly close to on par with mescaline, though it clearly didn't last that long. I definitely felt no need to move though moving was fun and music was astounding. To me it seemed better than both MDMA which I find alright and MDA which I actually like a far bit so its exciting to find this! I couldn't find a B&D for 6-APDB so I figured i'd start up this thread and see if we can get things rolling a bit!8(

Ah nice mate I had similar experiences to you. Today was breathtaking. I'm sure the stuff I got recently is stronger than the my last order. I even questioned whether it was the same chemical but it just felt so so clean and everything was beautiful. Never felt that happy before. God knows if I'll get these feelings again but now I know what the feelings are from doing MDMA the first time. Never been loved up on MD unfortunately.

As for dosages it's hard to say. With my old stuff I would say 120mg in water would be grand. Probably higher. This stuff now god knows. I sniffed lines not expecting much to be honest but was presented with beauty and wonder. Never forget today. If any of you guys want to read check out the Fucked threads in EADD. My ramblings from today are in there all to see :)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/671214-The-I-m-Fucked-Megathread-Gobbbad-with-a-Saudi/page25

I am interested to try this chemical, but I am weary about newer designer drugs. Especially ones intended to replace the original, such as 6-APB. 5-EAPB??? 8(
I hate how you people like you are confused, their not really there to "replace" the other chemicals in the sense your thinking. When Dave was working on the APBD's he was thinking about making non-neurotoxic MDMA analouges, which then would replace MDMA because of its toxicity. However here you only replace it if you think of it as another form of MDMA when in reality its totally its own chemical. Nothing to do with replacing it, it'd be like if you said a pair of old shoes that were brand new and great looking was replacing a shoe that looked extremely similar and only had tiny differences. Most people would just say "Wow these are really similar!", they wouldn't say "Oh my gosh look at the new replacement shoes hooray!". When you think about it in a shitty way like that of course your not going to want to do them or be weary of them.

Ahhh 6-APDB, I restarted my psy drug adventure with this compound after 3 years of not taking serotoninergics at all :). It was a mild 50+50 mg, albeit a very satisfying and rejuvenating roll. Thusly it's obvious I'm interested in dose ranges too, as at some point in the future I would like to learn this substance better, probably in a more h/c dose range.

tbh the EADD one should just be renamed to BnD, it holds the most information about the compound in like the entire internet...
I can see this one getting ignored especially with the release of 5-eapb and it becoming illegal in UK.
If this is true then that thread should be moved here and B&D'd.

Titrated up with this one, after the allergy test (all doses are oral):

10mg produced negligible effect
25mg produced mild effect, mostly a lessening of anxiety and increased sociability
50mg produced moderate-to-strong effect, I was taken by surprise, actually. I felt it within 20 minutes and by the 60 minute mark I was peaking, with waves of euphoria and mild psychedelia - here's an except from my notes:

...pupils very dilated, I staggered to the chaise and laid down while these waves of orgasmic energy washed over me. Sounds became distorted, and there I got visuals for sure. Colors are brighter, not saturated, just brighter. Outlines were starting to shift and blur, rather like on most tryptamines. I sweat like a beast...

...Sounds are really sounding strange, like they’re coming from different places than they really are. Certain sounds or pitches on TV were harder to hear altogether, and some sounded like they were coming from outside. Don’t attempt intelligent thought on this. Silly thoughts, yes. Smart ones, certainly not. I would classify this as an ENTACTOGEN first and foremost, psychedelic second, an empathogen third.

This is to 6-APB what 4-MEC is to methylone. Don’t get me wrong; still fantastic in their own right. But they hit you with the feel-good stick and then promptly leave.

Will test 75mg soon. For reference, I am a fit, healthy 100lb female with a very fast metabolism and plenty of experience with similar compounds such as MDMA, bk-MDMA, 6-APB, and 5-APB (but not MDA, sadly). That said, I like this one quite a bit so far. =D

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit 'suspicious' that many drugs are taken at doses considered standard at a rounded number? It would be helpful for people to know if dosing 100 mg is convenient or if it is commonly found to be a sweet spot, and if not... whether 100 mg is a bit on the high side or a bit on the low side.

From my observation of ~15 oral trials with a half dozen individuals, 100mg of 6-APDB HCL would be a mild dose for most people. The sweet spot seems to be around 130-150mg, but I would not start at that level... this chemical is even less predictable than 6-APB.
Some of my companions have noted that when insufflated 6-APDB has MDMA-esque effects, while oral dosing feels more psychedelic.

Thanks, a great example of helpful info. :) And welcome to (participating on) Bluelight / PD!

Seems about right that it is more MDMA-like rather than typically psychedelic when insufflated, the fast ROA and high peak plasma apparently boosts monoamine release / reuptake inhibition effects more than it boosts agonism. For stimulants this means a bigger rush (but leaving more craving), for MDMA this means you can get more stimulant (side)effects and for psychedelic empathogens it apparently makes them seem more like MDMA. It may help to visualise these compounds as being on one (psychedelic to empathogenic to stimulant) or multiple scales, each property in line with the next.

I wonder which effects are specifically favored over others this way?

I wonder which effects are specifically favored over others this way?

Are you wondering how the psychedelic/empatheogenic/stimulant effects balance shifts with ROA, or which effects are preferred by users?

I am wondering which of these effects are most liable to be affected by ROA / peak plasma levels: DA release, DAT inhibition, 5-HT release, SERT inhibition, etc.

I'm a little confused by 6-APDB doses honestly - I've tried everything between 100 and 200mg and it really doesn't do anything other than give me a slight mood lift. If I want to properly enjoy it I have to work my way up to 400-500mg over the course of a few hours :| not that I'm advising this in any way, but I do genuinely need that much for some reason. I've also heard of some other people needing massive doses to enjoy it - in my particular case can't really think of any cross-tolerance that would affect it. These are all people getting from the same source btw so it's presumably all of similar quality. Does anyone know a bit more about why doses change so much with 6-APDB in particular?

You might respond idiosyncratically to 6-APDB but it seems more likely that you have impure product or have chronic tolerance to stimulants (how do you react to other drugs similar to this one?)..

Hmm...I really don't need particularly high doses of any other drug I can think of to get the usual effect. I guess impure product is a possibility but it would surprise me since others seem to react much better to the same...ah well thanks, who knows!

Isn't it a bit 'suspicious' that many drugs are taken at doses considered standard at a rounded number?
Suspicious? No, not really. It's a matter of convenience, if you ask me. When was the last time you saw someone recommend a dosage of 87.734mg of (whatever)? (And that's besides the fact that most people don't even have a scale that accurate.) Even if that was your optimal dosage, most people will round to either 85 or 90 (assuming of course that the drug in question has a wide margin for error). Or maybe I'm misinterpreting your question. :?

Anywho, 75mg was given a go last week at home, broken down into a first dose of 25mg, followed by 50mg about half an hour later. The 50mg dose was consumed shortly before a light meal. I was smoking a clove cigarette after dinner (maybe an hour after dosing) when it hit me like a truck. I started overheating and feeling a bit woozy, so I peeled off some clothing and laid down on the floor while a friend who was over prepared some cannabis. I felt a little better after smoking, though I was cycling through hot and cold flashes and sweating like a pig. I laid down on my bed while my friend kept me calm. Trying to keep my eyes open was a hopeless cause, though I was perfectly able to hold a conversation with my friend. He was a bit worried, but I knew I wasn't in any real physical danger; just took a bit too much. He put on some music to help soothe me (honestly, I have no recollection of what he put on or how it sounded) and then proceeded to give me the most amazing massage. As he would hit different points on my body, I would get impressions of images behind my eyelids: psychedelic bubbles, rainbows, and sparkles and all kinds of silly shit that I would share with him and send us into fits of laughter.

He rested his head on my chest for a bit and I discovered the hedonistic joy of running my hands over his close-shaven head; every single little hair tickled every nerve in my palms and made me giggle like an idiot.

We had some intimate conversation, things that I am normally too inhibited to actually discuss. (He is not my significant other, but he is one of my closest friends and he knows me very well.) Quite a bit of empathy. It was nice to have the ego soften enough to open up like that for a while, and we're both fairly certain that he got a contact high. After a few hours, he grew tired and retired to bed. I was wide awake for HOURS. 1mg of etizolam was sufficient to get me to the land of nod within about an hour. Surprisingly, I experienced absolutely zero nausea throughout the experience (this is odd for me - and also a godsend - as I have an extremely sensitive stomach) and the gastrointestinal aftermath was minimal.

So the jump from 50mg to 75mg was a bit much for me. It's prompted me to use a bit more caution when increasing dosages with this family of chems. For things like the 2C-x's, with a narrow margin for error, I used to increase dosages by only 1-2 mg at a time. For something that is active in the 100+mg ranges, I usually increase by about 25mg at a time. For the APB family, I have learned my lesson and will not increase dosages by more than 5 or 10mg at a time from now on. I'm thinking my "sweet spot" with this one is probably around 60mg. (My sweet spot with 6-APB is 100-125, for reference. In hindsight, I wonder if that's a bit high for me and if I might actually enjoy lower doses better.) A general "sweet spot" is going to be pretty hard to define, Solipsis, since E(veryone's)MMV. Or I may just be unusually sensitive to this compound.

Anyhow, just my two cents and I hope it helps someone out.

Thanks for the report, satya. It sounds like there's more of a tendency to experience hot flashes on 6-APDB than on 6-APB. I noticed the same thing the one time I tried 75mg (though I had taken 3-MeO-PCP the day before, I don't know if that contributed to it), and I think Transform has also mentioned feeling hot during the come-up when he's taken it.