• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

6-APB more or less stimulating than MDA?

Eyy sorry to open up an old form here, but I just made a startling discovery and wanted to share with the community. And this seemed like the freshest 6 apb thread to do so.

So we all know the batches of 6 apb have a significant difference in potency. And I'm willing to bet it has to do with the presence of bromobenzofuran that was not fully aminated into 6 apb. A majority of the rc community seems to think that 6 apb contains succinic acid as the main impurity. But after some careful research I'm fairly certain those little brown bits in the powder are infact inactive forms of bromobenzofuran.

I don't want to get into the details of the research, but I have some info from a friend of mine. If one were to attempt to dissolve a sample of 6 apb in boiling water, the brown bits would stick to the beaker and not disolve, and the powder that did disolve would form a pale yellow solution. If allowed to precipitate, an off-white crystalline solid would form.

My thoughts are this, a majority of the 6 apb that's being sold is about 70% purity. Made as crudely and cheaply as possible. When you buy powder and dose it yourself, 100 mg is really 70mg. Perhaps pellet makers throw extra product in the pellets knowing that 100mg of powder doesn't contain 100mg of 6 apb.

Either way, people need to be safe. If you ever take anything from a vendor, remember they don't care about your safety. You may be taking what's advertised, you may be taking something totally different, or it could be full of totally toxic reactants or by-products. Not to say street drugs don't carry the same risk, it's just that the risks are generally known by the user.

Peace and stay safe!

Imo it's fantastic for dancing, not mongy at all unless you go for an extreme dose.
Second this.

Although high doses of 6-APB raised my BP/HR quite a bit more than other entactogens like 5-MAPB or MDMA. I‘m not an outlier in this regard either, three other friends of mine said the same thing after doing moderate doses. It’s physically draining but absolutely worth it if you get the dose right. Taking breaks from dancing here and there is definitely encouraged and don‘t forget to replenish your electrolytes.

I do honestly think that 6-APB is somewhat all or nothing, not in the sense that you need to be peaking hard for hours, but a certain level is 'required'. In that sense I don't see a low dose of 6-APB bringing anything to MDMA, but I could be wrong, it's just... intuition... It's such a full fledged drug that anything on top of it, except maybe a psychedelic, feels like overkill and unnecessary. I believe you're inclined to try this because you had excellent results with 5-MAPB, but I think it's very likely that it will disappoint in comparison. Different drugs, very different purposes.
Second this as well. 6-APB is a heavy roll and a full dose doesn‘t require anything else really. It can be very visual in high doses and lasts for a long time. A friend of mine took 150mg of an earlier 6-APB succinate batch of mine and had the most intense roll of his life. I‘ve never seen anyone gurn and hallucinate so heavily from an entactogen. It looked quite concerning actually but he said he enjoyed it very much. The batch was lab-tested and contained 1/6 of 5-APB too, which surely influenced the high but I never had pure 6-APB for reference and I also never had MDA. In terms of stimulation I found my 6-APB/5-APB mix quite gentle but still enough to have a good time and dance for hours. Imo it doesn‘t need anything to make it more stimulating, but if the dose is high it can be flooring.

I really hope 6-MAPB hits the market at some point, this one seems so promising!

Also, has anyone ever attempted to enantiopurify 6-APB with d-tartaric acid? My friend and I are thinking about trying this, would be interesting to see if (R)-6-APB is better than the racemate, similar to how (R)-MDA is apparently superior to racemic MDA.

Last edited:
Second this.

Although high doses of 6-APB raised my BP/HR quite a bit more than other entactogens like 5-MAPB or MDMA. I‘m not an outlier in this regard either, three other friends of mine said the same thing after doing moderate doses. It’s physically draining but absolutely worth it if you get the dose right. Taking breaks from dancing here and there is definitely encouraged and don‘t forget to replenish your electrolytes.

Second this as well. 6-APB is a heavy roll and a full dose doesn‘t require anything else really. It can be very visual in high doses and lasts for a long time. A friend of mine took 150mg of an earlier 6-APB succinate batch of mine and had the most intense roll of his life. I‘ve never seen anyone gurn and hallucinate so heavily from an entactogen. It looked quite concerning actually but he said he enjoyed it very much. The batch was lab-tested and contained 1/5 of 5-APB too, which surely influenced the high but I never had pure 6-APB for reference and I also never had MDA.

I really hope 6-MAPB hits the market at some point, this one seems so promising!

Also, has anyone ever attempted to enantiopurify 6-APB with tartaric acid? My friend and I are thinking about trying this, would be interesting to see if (R)-6-APB or (L)-6-APB are better than the racemate, similar to how (R)-MDA is apparently superior to racemic MDA.
I enjoyed my 6-APB from 2019 more, I wonder what the composition of those batches was. It wasn't as potent (think 200mg ~ 140mg), less visual and it didn't feel as jarring during.

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't too impressed the last 3/4 times, it's just rarely ever worth it =D

Your report is generally what I’m reading elsewhere, thank you man, my plan is to add 25mg in with a normal dose of MDMA to see how it plays out. That’s how I like to use MDA and 5-MAPB..

But reading it could be even more couch lock than MDMA I might pass unless it feels appropriate.

-GC

I got an exceedingly long trip/roll that had hella closed and open-eyed visuals from 6-APB. I didn't get as much nausea as I do from MDA.

Now I did take a kind of big dose and around 12 to 14 hours in is when the psychedelia and visuals started. It lasted for another 10 hours until the exceedingly mild come down.

Or at least that's what it was supposed to be.

I always wanted just try but never seen yet! How does it compare to say M-KAT or real MDMA?
Tripping Alice In Wonderland GIF

@G_Chem you never reported back with the results mate. How did it go?

So I’ve yet to actually try a full dose… lol I know, I know.

Thing was, I accidentally dosed myself with a little one day when I curiously opened the vial and sniffed rather hard. Not sure the amount but it was enough to sting my nasal cavity pretty good. I then proceeded to have a pretty good day.

Problem came the next day, I felt so sketchy off just that little amount. I suppose MDA can be similar in that regard but this was extra. Since then I’ve been worried a larger dose could have me losing my shit on the following day.

We’ll see, maybe there was something else going on causing that..

-GC

So I’ve yet to actually try a full dose… lol I know, I know.

Thing was, I accidentally dosed myself with a little one day when I curiously opened the vial and sniffed rather hard. Not sure the amount but it was enough to sting my nasal cavity pretty good. I then proceeded to have a pretty good day.

Problem came the next day, I felt so sketchy off just that little amount. I suppose MDA can be similar in that regard but this was extra. Since then I’ve been worried a larger dose could have me losing my shit on the following day.

We’ll see, maybe there was something else going on causing that..

-GC

Yeh, you can't microdose this shit mate. It's all or nothing. I've not really experienced a bad comedown from 6-apb, but there is a fiendish element to it that will urge you to rinse and repeat...

Yeh, you can't microdose this shit mate. It's all or nothing. I've not really experienced a bad comedown from 6-apb, but there is a fiendish element to it that will urge you to rinse and repeat...
And actually works. And there's almost no tachyphylaxis.

Yeah, but you are not normal haha. I don’t think anyone should take your experiences at face value. Not being a hater, I’m envious you can bang back empathogens like that, but the common man…cannot.

To me both 6-APB and MDA were both "sedating". In the sense that I was obviously very stimulated but all I really felt like doing is laying down and jerking it until I had a violent almost seizure like orgasm (lol), then I would just lay there listening to music or what have you. Both drugs had a heavy body load for me, although, I was alone both times, so there's that. Never taken them in a social or concert setting. I have this weird thing where I like to experiment with new drugs alone by myself.

Either way I only did each drug one time each.

I just remember the heavy body load both gave me. I would say the MDA was more stimulating - OR - it simply had less of a body load. Hard to tell (or at least hard to remember highs from 8+ years ago).

Just my 2 cents.
6-ABP I've never had the opportunity to indulge in it.. MDA was easy to get in the mid to late seventies. All I can recall now is feeling this blissful warm empathy for all humanity <snip> back on topic. I haven't seen actual MDA since around maybe 1976.. it's a shame .. the world could be a happy place. By far my favorite..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but you are not normal haha. I don’t think anyone should take your experiences at face value. Not being a hater, I’m envious you can bang back empathogens like that, but the common man…cannot.
I don't understand it myself.

Although I am very happy that MDA is not cross tolerant with MDMA.

Apparently I'm a serotonin monster. I could go 2 days with MDMA, and on the third day take MDA and want to hug to kiss and massage and ... Magical

I don't understand it myself.

Although I am very happy that MDA is not cross tolerant with MDMA.

Apparently I'm a serotonin monster. I could go 2 days with MDMA, and on the third day take MDA and want to hug to kiss and massage and ... Magical

I can too. But come day 4… Oh god day 4.

I think people never got the full understanding of MDA. It’s not that it’s necessarily not cross tolerant with MDMA, it’s just a drug that doesn’t gain much tolerance period.

One could eat MDA day after day and still feel it, by the end you’ll want to eat a bullet but it can be done. On super rare occasions where I’ve built a fleeting tolerance to MDMA, MDA can always get me there.

Reason I don’t always use it comes down to a few factors. It’s unreliable with music, much better for just hanging with friends. And the comedown can be rougher. Moreso just tired, for a week after a good MDA dose I just wanna rest.

-GC

I think people never got the full understanding of MDA. It’s not that it’s necessarily not cross tolerant with MDMA, it’s just a drug that doesn’t gain much tolerance period.

One could eat MDA day after day and still feel it, by the end you’ll want to eat a bullet but it can be done. On super rare occasions where I’ve built a fleeting tolerance to MDMA, MDA can always get me there.

Reason I don’t always use it comes down to a few factors. It’s unreliable with music, much better for just hanging with friends. And the comedown can be rougher. Moreso just tired, for a week after a good MDA dose I just wanna rest.

-GC

MDAI, and I'm pretty sure it was 5-APB didn't have any appreciable tachyphylaxis either.

But you're definitely right about the MDA. I took it in 20 to 30 mg doses per day for 6 weeks straight as treatment for ASD related OCD/ADHD.

IT WORKED! But I lost my connection.

Yeh, I agree that it does continue to give desirable effects even after several days of use, but those effects become more like those of a classic stimulant rather than an empathogen.

Yeh, I agree that it does continue to give desirable effects even after several days of use, but those effects become more like those of a classic stimulant rather than an empathogen.
Not quite in my case.

I suffer from autism spectrum disorder which manifests as a type of OCD that makes it difficult to focus on things because I'm thinking about the list that has to constantly be checked.

MDA, for some reason is better than benzos for making those obsessive List Checking Thoughts Disappear. At least for me.

SSRIs just gave me headaches, made me horny, they just didn't work.

I think more stimulant, less empathogen and the threshold dosing is what was so effective.

And I could still roll with the magic when I took MDMA.

-GC
Wait…what??
I’ve never heard about this mda no tolerance bit…
Have you had a multi-day experience with 5mapb too by chance?

If mda is truly no tolerance then…what the fuck haha

I once took nearly 500mg of 6-APB through the course of 8 hours (in 2 doses, with one booster).

The next day I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I saw some people the next day at work and someone said, "you look awful".

Mega doses of 6-APB are a horrible idea since 6-APB, while not a very potent monoamine releasing agent (thus the 100mg+ doses often needed), it is actually a rather high potency 5HT2B agonist, binding to this receptor with high affinity (something in the low single digit nanomolar range). This is the same mechanism by which some drugs induce heart damage of a permanent nature. In theory it could be induced by mega doses. Like the one I took.

As to the question, MDA is way more stimulating than 6-APB.