• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

6-APB more or less stimulating than MDA?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Pretty much as the title says, I’m planning a festival roll here and curious if this is a good one for dancing and general late night partying?

For those that have experience with both 6-apb and MDA, is 6-APB similarly stimulating or less so than MDA?

MDA is an interesting one where sometimes it can be really sedating and sometimes really stimulating depending on a number of factors.

Part of me is maybe saving it for an at home experience if it’s too mongy.

-Gc

To me both 6-APB and MDA were both "sedating". In the sense that I was obviously very stimulated but all I really felt like doing is laying down and jerking it until I had a violent almost seizure like orgasm (lol), then I would just lay there listening to music or what have you. Both drugs had a heavy body load for me, although, I was alone both times, so there's that. Never taken them in a social or concert setting. I have this weird thing where I like to experiment with new drugs alone by myself.

Either way I only did each drug one time each.

I just remember the heavy body load both gave me. I would say the MDA was more stimulating - OR - it simply had less of a body load. Hard to tell (or at least hard to remember highs from 8+ years ago).

Just my 2 cents.

Your report is generally what I’m reading elsewhere, thank you man, my plan is to add 25mg in with a normal dose of MDMA to see how it plays out. That’s how I like to use MDA and 5-MAPB..

But reading it could be even more couch lock than MDMA I might pass unless it feels appropriate.

-GC

But reading it could be even more couch lock than MDMA I might pass unless it feels appropriate.
Yeah I remember the 6-APB specifically had quite a strong "couch lock" effect and I really didn't want to move that much at all. The body load was strong but so was the body euphoria - very intense as I remember, but much less magical than MDMA and no magical tactility.

6APB came with a heavier feeling for me. Also it was ridiculously entactogenic. I think it made my skin way more sensitive. Standing by a campfire in the rain was almost too much sensation...

More or less. I don't remember if it was 6apb or 6apdb, but it was waaay more stimulating than mdma. Good mdma, when it worked for me, was never stimulating in fact quite relaxing. Snorting it is a different story. Oh, mda. Yes mda is rather stimulating. The 6apb or 6apdb was on par with that tho I did combine it with 2cb.

I would say that 6AB is slightly less stimulating than MDA. They are similar though and the amount of stimulation is very dose dependent. Was your 6APB obtained recently? Loved that shit but it's been a good few years.

Pretty much as the title says, I’m planning a festival roll here and curious if this is a good one for dancing and general late night partying?
Imo it's fantastic for dancing, not mongy at all unless you go for an extreme dose.

Purely for dancing and clubbing I think it edges out MDMA, duration.. not as mentally intense, great bodyhigh which makes you just want to dance and dance and dance. You can just chill on it too, but it's not like 5-MAPB that is noticeably sedating.

Your report is generally what I’m reading elsewhere, thank you man, my plan is to add 25mg in with a normal dose of MDMA to see how it plays out. That’s how I like to use MDA and 5-MAPB..

I don't think you'll feel much of 25mg tbh, of the weaker batches I once took 70mg and hardly felt anything. Lower doses of 5-MAPB are much more apparent.
It's also not a couch lock drug at all ime if you take a full dose, I've danced with friends up to 10 hours of just 1 dose, and were good to go to an afterparty...

If anything, I'd do the combo the other way around, medium dose of 6-APB and a little MDMA on top, and maybe delay the MDMA dose by an hour or 2.

I really think this is the way to go although I haven't tried it myself, but my reasoning is that 6-APB is already so heavy and full spectrum, but it does lack just a smidge of magic, and a sprinkle of MDMA in theory sounds fantastic and would make it complete. Duration wise it makes sense too.

Imo it's fantastic for dancing, not mongy at all unless you go for an extreme dose.

Purely for dancing and clubbing I think it edges out MDMA, duration.. not as mentally intense, great bodyhigh which makes you just want to dance and dance and dance. You can just chill on it too, but it's not like 5-MAPB that is noticeably sedating.

I don't think you'll feel much of 25mg tbh, of the weaker batches I once took 70mg and hardly felt anything. Lower doses of 5-MAPB are much more apparent.
It's also not a couch lock drug at all ime if you take a full dose, I've danced with friends up to 10 hours of just 1 dose, and were good to go to an afterparty...

If anything, I'd do the combo the other way around, medium dose of 6-APB and a little MDMA on top, and maybe delay the MDMA dose by an hour or 2.

What would you say the lowest is that you can reasonably go on dosage if mixed with other empathogens?

And your experience is exactly what I was hoping for, a long night of dancing is just what I’m after..

Should I beef up the dosage to 50mg plus a standard dosage of MDMA and LSD?

From what I’ve heard this batch is more on the pure side for a succinate salt.

-GC

What would you say the lowest is that you can reasonably go on dosage if mixed with other empathogens?

And your experience is exactly what I was hoping for, a long night of dancing is just what I’m after..

Should I beef up the dosage to 50mg plus a standard dosage of MDMA and LSD?

From what I’ve heard this batch is more on the pure side for a succinate salt.

-GC
I have the newer batch as well, 120mg is close to a full dose for me.
I'd go off the psychonautwiki dosages, + a couple percentages to adjust for succinate salt. Since I don't know exactly what you're going for here :)

I do honestly think that 6-APB is somewhat all or nothing, not in the sense that you need to be peaking hard for hours, but a certain level is 'required'. In that sense I don't see a low dose of 6-APB bringing anything to MDMA, but I could be wrong, it's just... intuition... It's such a full fledged drug that anything on top of it, except maybe a psychedelic, feels like overkill and unnecessary. I believe you're inclined to try this because you had excellent results with 5-MAPB, but I think it's very likely that it will disappoint in comparison. Different drugs, very different purposes.

Personally, I'd go for 100mg or something, bring a small dose of MDMA with and see after a couple of hours if it's 'needed'. There's some extra fun in the new-ish experience, and I could see some MDMA bringing something extra. All that said, it's certainly possible that 6-APB could disappoint you somewhat, so you have to weigh all these factors and come to a decision. But I mean, we're kinda talking here about maximizing fun so it's hard to go really wrong =D

I hope you're not perceiving my comments as negative or too pushy or whatever, it's quite the opposite, just talking about drugs :) and I have great memories with this one so yeah...

I have the newer batch as well, 120mg is close to a full dose for me.
I'd go off the psychonautwiki dosages, + a couple percentages to adjust for succinate salt. Since I don't know exactly what you're going for here :)

I do honestly think that 6-APB is somewhat all or nothing, not in the sense that you need to be peaking hard for hours, but a certain level is 'required'. In that sense I don't see a low dose of 6-APB bringing anything to MDMA, but I could be wrong, it's just... intuition... It's such a full fledged drug that anything on top of it, except maybe a psychedelic, feels like overkill and unnecessary. I believe you're inclined to try this because you had excellent results with 5-MAPB, but I think it's very likely that it will disappoint in comparison. Different drugs, very different purposes.

Personally, I'd go for 100mg or something, bring a small dose of MDMA with and see after a couple of hours if it's 'needed'. There's some extra fun in the new-ish experience, and I could see some MDMA bringing something extra. All that said, it's certainly possible that 6-APB could disappoint you somewhat, so you have to weigh all these factors and come to a decision. But I mean, we're kinda talking here about maximizing fun so it's hard to go really wrong =D

I hope you're not perceiving my comments as negative or too pushy or whatever, it's quite the opposite, just talking about drugs :) and I have great memories with this one so yeah...

Oh not at all man :) and thank you. This gives me some food for thought.

Hmmm ya MDA mixed with MDMA is great too, at like 100mg MDMA 25mg MDA, but I’m not really experienced with MDA in low doses by itself to see if there’s synergy at play or MDA is a drug that satisfies at lower amounts. I’ve watched others take low dose of MDA and be pleasantly surprised so who knows..

I have heard quite a few people say what your saying though, that 6-APB needs a nice full dose to be worthwhile. I’m just wondering if like other empathogens it will have synergy/additive effect or if it needs its own full dosage to work.

Part of me is beginning to lean towards your idea of trying a larger dose of 6-APB with smaller amounts of MDMA. The largest I’ll probably go first time is 100mg, then after an hour maybe 50-100mg MDMA..

Yea I might also take it at a time where if it does prove to be tiring, I don’t mind as much.

Ill definitely report back whatever I do. I’ve been wanting to try this drug since I first read about it in 2010 or so... Honestly never thought I’d get the chance so here’s to hoping it’s everything people said it would be!

-GC

Hmmm ya MDA mixed with MDMA is great too, at like 100mg MDMA 25mg MDA, but I’m not really experienced with MDA in low doses by itself to see if there’s synergy at play or MDA is a drug that satisfies at lower amounts. I’ve watched others take low dose of MDA and be pleasantly surprised so who knows..

I have heard quite a few people say what your saying though, that 6-APB needs a nice full dose to be worthwhile. I’m just wondering if like other empathogens it will have synergy/additive effect or if it needs its own full dosage to work.

Part of me is beginning to lean towards your idea of trying a larger dose of 6-APB with smaller amounts of MDMA. The largest I’ll probably go first time is 100mg, then after an hour maybe 50-100mg MDMA..

Yea I might also take it at a time where if it does prove to be tiring, I don’t mind as much.

Ill definitely report back whatever I do. I’ve been wanting to try this drug since I first read about it in 2010 or so... Honestly never thought I’d get the chance so here’s to hoping it’s everything people said it would be!

-GC

Glad you've managed to score some. I reckon you won't be disappointed. I also reckon you won't feel the need for any MDMA once it kicks in... ;)

But definitely report back please!

Yeah man like @F.U.B.A.R. says once that 100mgs of 6-APB kicks in you'll probably not even need the MDMA if the batch is pure. I use to take that amount with a psychedelic back in the day and I would roll very hard, it was wonderful drug highly euphoric. I would say I prefer it over MDMA honestly especially the crap going around now for the most part, also the long duration is fantastic. I'd say it's my second favorite empathogen slightly behind a large dose of aMT, that is my gold standard now and I suggest you track some down by any means neccasary...

My only experience with 6-APB was in combination with 4-MMC so I'm not sure the answer to the original question. I remember it being pretty pushy cardio wise but that's true of anything once you do 4-MMC on top of it. I remember rolling pretty hard and "complete couch lock" petty much summed this up for me. I think I laid on the couch for hours listening to music. I'm not sure I could've danced much had I tried. whereas Dancing is not a problem on 4-mmc.

Last edited:

-GC
My only experience with 6-APB was in combination with 4-MMC so I'm not sure the answer to the original question. I remember it being pretty pushy cardio wise but that's true of anything once you do 4-MMC on top of it. I remember rolling pretty hard and "complete couch lock" petty much summed this up for me. I think I laid on the couch for hours listening to music. I'm not sure I could've danced much had I tried.
MDMA and MDA makes for the best combination of all time!!! The best e pills I had were this combo and later when I had both pure I figured out that 80mg MDMA with 60mg MDA was incredible!!!

I find for parties adding either just 10 to 20mg of dextroamphetamine or believe it or not just some caffeine at like 300mg is the way to go!!!

Pure MDMA, MDA, or any of the benzofuran derivatives are too couch locky for a party!!!

My first experience was with the early branded form, which contained about 100 mg. Took the litlle pill without to much expectancy.

To be floored 1 1/2 to 2 hours later when it kicked in. I laid out the whole ride, with my Chemical Brother's cd's guiding me through a Serotonin rush that went on for hour's. Matras lock unmatched till this day. Even the powder never reproduced this, so what was exactly in the pill that made it hit so hard? It felt like real good 6-APB or maybe the dosage was higher then they advertised.

Not exactly party stuff.

Yeah man like @F.U.B.A.R. says once that 100mgs of 6-APB kicks in you'll probably not even need the MDMA if the batch is pure. I use to take that amount with a psychedelic back in the day and I would roll very hard, it was wonderful drug highly euphoric. I would say I prefer it over MDMA honestly especially the crap going around now for the most part, also the long duration is fantastic. I'd say it's my second favorite empathogen slightly behind a large dose of aMT, that is my gold standard now and I suggest you track some down by any means neccasary...
100mg of HCl I'm guessing?