• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

6-APB (1-(benzofuran-6-yl)propan-2-amine) CAS number?

AsymmetricDesign

Greenlighter
Hi,

After around 4 or 5 years lurking this is my first post! (Please excuse me if I have posted it in the wrong section.) I have been trying to locate the CAS number for 6-APB, however I can't find it anywhere. Does one actually exist?

thats 6-APDB. I haven't seen one for 6-APB,but I haven't looked all that hard either.

Thanks for your responses. Can anyone confirm that 6-APDB is 100% definitely legal in the UK? It sounds so promising so would certainly like to sample some but I dont fancy being on the wrong side of the law.

Thanks for your responses. Can anyone confirm that 6-APDB is 100% definitely legal in the UK? It sounds so promising so would certainly like to sample some but I dont fancy being on the wrong side of the law.

No! Well not from my eys, ok theoretically you could read it as legal but that PEA catch'all is awefully MIRKY, I personally would not feel confident ordering some until the issue is tested.

Have any of the suppliers actually got stock through yet?!!

Predictions for Customs anyone?
1) probably racking their brains trying to get it to fit in the PEA catch-all
2) allowing it through, then going to arrest everyone who orders it, sells it
3) point blank, block imports, even if legal - they dont want another mephedrone.

Possibly any/all of the above!?

the material is legal. however the likelyhood of commercial material containing detectable illegal class A impurities is vey high.

No reputable UK vendors have stock yet, even though several trustworthy labs have had 6-APDB available for quite a while now. 6-APB seems to only be available from 1 lab.

With regards to customs, unfortunately it's all speculation isn't it. Would be nice to have some inside info! Seems strange how various other RC's seem to be getting through yet only 6-APB and 5-IAI are getting stopped. I was under the impression that packages are sent through labelled as other compounds anyway, so how would customs specifically even know which were the correct packages to hold?! Hmm.

Have any of the suppliers actually got stock through yet?!!

Predictions for Customs anyone?
1) probably racking their brains trying to get it to fit in the PEA catch-all
2) allowing it through, then going to arrest everyone who orders it, sells it
3) point blank, block imports, even if legal - they dont want another mephedrone.

Possibly any/all of the above!?

I can't help but think the labs were making the wrong stuff (6-APDB), they realised their mistake and then had to make 6-APB, but the vendors not wanting to lose their customers interest kept promising the drug was just around the corner, knowing that actually it won't be coming for a while.

That does seem kinda likely, although I have a friend (GZero) who's sampled 6-APDB and it was definitely active, I saw him under the influence. He wrote a trip report on here, although I wasn't a member at the time so I can't remember where it was posted (I saw it via a link on another forum).

Ok getting confused with nomenclature.

6-apdb - is that the double bond version ala bromo-dragonfly

6-apb - single bond version?

you've got it the other way round.

6-APDB is 6-AminoPropyl-2,3-Dihydro Benzofuran

6-APB is 6-AminoPropyl Benzofuran

The Dihydro means there is a saturated single C-C bond that would otherwise be an unsaturated double C=C bond. In this case the bond is 2,3 with respect to the oxygen of the benzofuran ring.

6-APB is fully aromatic like indole or dragonfly compounds.

6-APDB is only aromatic on the phenyl portion, with a saturated single bond in the 2,3 position like the FLY compounds.

i certainly hope vendors are stocking 6-APDB as I don't see any reason for 6-APB to have recreational value compared to MDA/6-APDB

^ the compound I tried, the lab/vendor is still insisting it is 6-APB. Of course I've never tried 6-APDB to my knowledge so have no comparison and we only have their word.

All I can say though is that I did not experience any extreme vommiting which Vecktor mentioned to be very common on the come up on 6-APDB, all i got was a couple of dry retches and little quesyness which I always get off mdxx type drugs.

But at the end of the day the compound that I tried, that is about to hit the market, is VERY recreational, so dont worry either way.

i was under the impression that the dioxole ring of MDA does not adopt a planar conformation, and the dihydrofuran ring should also have a puckered or envelope conformation.

add to that the fact that with MDA the oxygens are both sp3 hybridized, meaning they each have two lone pairs to interact with the receptor, while in the aromatic furan compound there is only one oxygen lone pair that can participate in H-bonding (the other lp is delocalized in the aromatic ring)

6-APDB just appears to have much more similarity to MDA in its structure than 6-APB.

i was under the impression that the dioxole ring of MDA does not adopt a planar conformation, and the dihydrofuran ring should also have a puckered or envelope conformation.

add to that the fact that with MDA the oxygens are both sp3 hybridized, meaning they each have two lone pairs to interact with the receptor, while in the aromatic furan compound there is only one oxygen lone pair that can participate in H-bonding (the other lp is delocalized in the aromatic ring)

6-APDB just appears to have much more similarity to MDA in its structure than 6-APB.

Ah, but you forget 5-IT.

well chemically, and conformational lability can have a drastic effect on pharmacology-- see Nichols' paper on TCB-2 regarding the way psychedelic amphetamines appear to have the nitrogen out of plane with respect to the aromatic ring, compared to LSD which is believed to have the (largely planar) chair conformation...

never heard of 5-IT, care to illuminate?

interesting abbrev. for a name with no 'T' in it!

i don't doubt 5-aminopropyl-indole or 6-APB are active, but I would suspect that 6-APDB is more like MDA pharmacologically than 6-APB is due to the chemical reasons stated above.

5-IT sounds like it might be somewhere between AMP and AMT in subjective effects, but that's just a random guess. no doubt i wouldn't mind a taste given the chance.

EDIT: just had a read of the AMT entry in TiHKAL where he mentions 5-IT. based on this review, it sounds like 6-APB would be very much a straight stimulant. one more reason i certainly hope the labs are making 6-APDB, as there are plenty of crappy stimulants already on the market.

all this talk and speculation about 5 and 6-APDB make me wonder why Shulgin didn't make them during the rigorous chemistry in PiHKAL... maybe he knew it would be a good one and deliberately left it for someone to invent after his first round of babies got outlawed :)